+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 152
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: *Dancing With the Stars 14 (Spring 2012)* Spoilers & Speculation

  1. #41
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    22,831

    Re: *Dancing With the Stars 14 (Spring 2012)* Spoilers & Speculation

    I thought I heard they were going to tell us who the cast was on GMA next Tuesday, did you hear that?

  2. #42
    *Until Next Season...* karalott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Posts
    17,606

    Re: *Dancing With the Stars 14 (Spring 2012)* Spoilers & Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I thought I heard they were going to tell us who the cast was on GMA next Tuesday, did you hear that?
    The cast is going to be revealed on Tuesday on GMA (I'll thank ABC again for not doing it during The Bachelor), and I heard they're going to announce the partnerships as well (unless ABC decides to drag it out as they usually do for no good reason). But the couples usually meet up a few days before the "official" announcement (and usually all but one or two celebs/pairings are leaked out), so watching the actual announcement is often for kicks and to see the one celeb that wasn't rumored anywhere. I think they should do like they do on Strictly Come Dancing, and do an actual live reveal, where the pros and celebs meet each other for the first time onstage. It'd be interesting to get an honest reaction to the pro who got the next version of Kate Gosselin or got someone as unknown as Mike Catherwood (not to mention the celebs hoping they were going to get someone else).

  3. #43
    *Until Next Season...* karalott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Posts
    17,606

    Re: *Dancing With the Stars 14 (Spring 2012)* Spoilers & Speculation

    DWTSGossip revealed the complete line up of pros: Tristan is in, and only one Chmerkovskiy is in this time. Eleven couples (5 female celebs, 6 male celebs-not sure why, in odd numbered seasons, they always have one more male celeb to a female celeb). Or that they can't have 12 couples and a double elimination. They've done that before.

    Val was confirmed at being in, but it seems like DG is iffy whether he is in fact in or whether it's Maks The show will survive, but it'll be a long season without my main eye candy. Truthfully, I wouldn't mind them doing more of an overhaul in the fall. I'm glad Peta and Tristan are each getting a second chance, and if Val isn't on this season, that he's back next time with a longer lasting partner. It's nice getting fresh blood once in awhile, and I think some of these one time pros might have been good fits if they were given a better chance. I'm getting bored by some of the pros who've been on consistantly since the early days. Even Tony, who I like, and would love to see win based on who he's been stuck with in the past, I wouldn't mind seeing off for a season.

    Sherri Shepard, a long time rumor and big fan of DWTS, tweeted about getting good news and being blessed and excited about something coming up, which is leading to speculation she's officially signed on. Not sure if that has anything to do with DWTS or maybe something else. She said once she didn't think she could do the show because The View taped in NYC, and she had a school aged child. I wouldn't mind Sherri, and would hope the rumors of Guiliana and Paul turn out to be true. No one else I'm even remotely interested in seeing that's been rumored.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

  4. #44
    I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Where the Thunder Rolls
    Posts
    2,376

    Re: *Dancing With the Stars 14 (Spring 2012)* Spoilers & Speculation

    Please, please, please NO SHERRI. If so, hope she gets voted off week 1. That woman is annoying. Yeah, she'd be enthusiastic and it would be fine by me to see awkward dancing instead of non stop talking, just say no.

    If Maks didn't return, so what? Yeah, nice eye candy but he could use some time off. Gives me a chance to miss him. And more time to enjoy Tristan!

    Perez Hilton and Paul Reubens? LMFAO. Is ABC trying to kill off their most successful show?
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

    Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

  5. #45
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    22,831

    Re: *Dancing With the Stars 14 (Spring 2012)* Spoilers & Speculation

    Sherri wont last long. If she is on the show. But Perez?

  6. #46
    *Until Next Season...* karalott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Posts
    17,606

    Re: *Dancing With the Stars 14 (Spring 2012)* Spoilers & Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    Please, please, please NO SHERRI. If so, hope she gets voted off week 1. That woman is annoying. Yeah, she'd be enthusiastic and it would be fine by me to see awkward dancing instead of non stop talking, just say no.

    If Maks didn't return, so what? Yeah, nice eye candy but he could use some time off. Gives me a chance to miss him. And more time to enjoy Tristan!

    Perez Hilton and Paul Reubens? LMFAO. Is ABC trying to kill off their most successful show?
    Assuming he doesn't play the Pee-Wee schtick up too much (I wouldn't care, but I know it'd grate on the majority), I think Paul is a good get and would be a lot of fun to watch. I hope, anyway. Sometimes contestants come on with that personality of being side splitting and then wind up looking like a douche or the polar opposite of their entertainment persona. Perez Hilton? Yeah, that's even lower than anyone that's ever set foot on the ballroom floor. I'm hoping the lack spoilers (we've barely had rumors!) doesn't mean this is a bad sign. If the pros and celebs start meeting up before Tuesday, hopefully we'll get something. I forgot back in late Dec./early Jan., DWTSGossip had reported an LPGA golfer was signing onto the show. So it looks like we might have whoever that is, Sherri Shepard, and Gavin DeGraw as being the closest to confirmed as we can get this season.

    Giuliana has said she is not doing the show this season, which I'm disappointed by, but not surprised. Sherri I don't really have an opinion on, as I don't watch The View. My bet is she gets Val, or Maks (whoever is back). It's possible she could go to Tristan or Tony. But Sherri seemed as big a fan girl of Maks as she did the show, which is why I think they'll give her whatever Chmerkovskiy signs on. Hopefully they give the 3 newbie pros a better shot this season to show what they can do. I'm especially anxious for Peta and Val, as they were the first two gone last season. I remember Peta's cha cha was pretty pitiful, even though Ron couldn't dance. But she barely had any content in there. Hopefully her first season jitters or whatever that was have passed.

    ET is doing an interview with Maks tonight on whether he's coming back or not. At the end of last season, I remember Maks writing in his blog that if he didn't come back, it wasn't his decision. And, if he changed his mind and decided to take a break, he'd let fans know. Up until now, he's given every indication that he wanted to return. I just wonder if, considering there were only 5 male pro slots to fill, he gave his up for Val, so Val could have his own season without his brother's influence and personality on the show hovering over him or being the main topic of conversation. As much as I'll miss Maks (-hopefully he still blogs, might be interesting to get his take when he's not competing), I stand by the opinion that all the pros need a break at some point. I'm just sorry he's not taking Mark on hiatus with him. He's the one I really want a break from. The only regular pros who still seem 'fresh' to me are Anna, Kym and Chelsie, and of course, the 3 newbies. Everyone else is pretty much predictable.
    Sherri wont last long. If she is on the show.
    I think Sherri will last awhile. She's on an ABC show and has the best outlet possible to get the word out for fans to vote. It's why I'm convinced Nancy did so well last season. The View will turn into the 'Vote for Sherri' headquarters. If she's anything like Niecy, I'll grow tired of her quickly. Niecy's schtick got old by week 2 about her jiggly parts and the whole comedic approach that I think any other celeb would have been blasted for. But, from what little I've seen of Sherri here and there, I've liked I have to say, going against the other rumors out there (Perez, Jersey Shore castpffs, Kardashians), she'd be at the top of my list.

    ETA: Looks like I found the golfer DWTSGossip rumored

    Dancing With The Stars Season 14 Rumor: Pro Golfer Annika Sorenstam To Dance?? | Pure Dancing with the Stars

    Sounds like someone Tony wanted; his partner maybe?
    Last edited by karalott; 02-23-2012 at 02:05 PM.

  7. #47
    Magical Elf MFWalkoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    17,072

    Re: *Dancing With the Stars 14 (Spring 2012)* Spoilers & Speculation

    I 'd be fine with Sherri (hey better her than Hasselbeck, right?); I'd be fine with Giuliana and hope she does it sometime. And I'd love Paul/Pee Wee.

    Just no Perez -- that would bring out the internet activist nerd in me, speaking out against him and signing petitions and squawking about boycotts, etc. Maybe moreso than if one of the GOP ex-candidates were on. Perez is just a piece of garbage.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

  8. #48
    FORT Fogey jucamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,625

    Re: *Dancing With the Stars 14 (Spring 2012)* Spoilers & Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    DWTSGossip revealed the complete line up of pros: Tristan is in, and only one Chmerkovskiy is in this time. Eleven couples (5 female celebs, 6 male celebs-not sure why, in odd numbered seasons, they always have one more male celeb to a female celeb). Or that they can't have 12 couples and a double elimination. They've done that before.

    Val was confirmed at being in, but it seems like DG is iffy whether he is in fact in or whether it's Maks The show will survive, but it'll be a long season without my main eye candy. Truthfully, I wouldn't mind them doing more of an overhaul in the fall. I'm glad Peta and Tristan are each getting a second chance, and if Val isn't on this season, that he's back next time with a longer lasting partner. It's nice getting fresh blood once in awhile, and I think some of these one time pros might have been good fits if they were given a better chance. I'm getting bored by some of the pros who've been on consistantly since the early days. Even Tony, who I like, and would love to see win based on who he's been stuck with in the past, I wouldn't mind seeing off for a season.

    Sherri Shepard, a long time rumor and big fan of DWTS, tweeted about getting good news and being blessed and excited about something coming up, which is leading to speculation she's officially signed on. Not sure if that has anything to do with DWTS or maybe something else. She said once she didn't think she could do the show because The View taped in NYC, and she had a school aged child. I wouldn't mind Sherri, and would hope the rumors of Guiliana and Paul turn out to be true. No one else I'm even remotely interested in seeing that's been rumored.
    No! No! No!

  9. #49
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    22,831

    Re: *Dancing With the Stars 14 (Spring 2012)* Spoilers & Speculation

    Maks and his bother are in Montreal, his hair was terrible ( so its isnt just Ben) LOL!! It was greasy( looked very wet) and it was all slicked back.
    His brother is way better looking than Maks, so you have your eye candy.
    .
    I dont care if Maks is on or off the show. For those that like him, I hope he is ( for you.)

  10. #50
    *Until Next Season...* karalott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Posts
    17,606

    Re: *Dancing With the Stars 14 (Spring 2012)* Spoilers & Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    No! No! No!
    I hear you Val is good eye candy, but he's no Maks. If I have to watch Derek waltz to another victory and Mark spaz out on the dance floor and forget he has a partner that it's supposed to be about, the least they could do is give me Maks I saw that interview from ET, and it wasn't shot today, so I'm not sure what to make of the rumors...I'm guessing Maks is out for the season Hopefully he's back for pro numbers...and Val better get a contender. It'll be a snooze for me if the pros with contenders wind up being Cheryl, Mark, Derek, and Kym (as much as I like her). I'd like to see Tristan and Chelsie get contenders that show what they can really do, as Chelsie hasn't had much luck in that department, and for Anna and Tony to have long lasting seasons. But I realize hoping for the first 3 pros out to be Cheryl, Derek, and Mark falls into my fantasy DWTS season On what's hopefully a positive note, Perez Hilton said he won't be doing the show this season. The latest rumor to hit the circuit is Ashley Tisdale, although I can of feel like she's a little too A-list for the show (she's at least a Disney star I've heard of).

    If I could take someone from The View, it'd be Whoopi Goldberg.

    I'm also not digging Maks's longer hair, especially when he has it slicked back. But it looks good when he wears it natural and dry. I didn't like when he was sporting the long hair/ponytail for season 2 and 3. Here's that interview:

    Is Maksim Chmerkovskiy Leaving 'DWTS'? - YouTube

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.