+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: *Dancing With the Stars 14 (Spring 2012)* Spoilers & Speculation

Re: *Dancing With the Stars 14 (Spring 2012)* Spoilers & Speculation

Kylie and/or Kendall Jenner. Can't go wrong having a member of the Kardashian clan on the show, right? They just need to get the green light from dad Bruce Jenner. Better yet: Get Bruce on the dance floor.
    I never heard of anyone named Kardashian. Is it a famous family? Have any Kardashians been on TV? Are there any pictures? Videos? Why is it a good idea to have more of them?
    karalott likes this.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Perez Hilton is the lowest of lows, bottom of the barrel casting that the show needs to steer away from. The little troll would likely long outstay his welcome and give crude and rude an entirely new meaning (actually, he already has). He's a legend in his own mind and I'm surprised he hasn't already said he was offered but thought he was too big for the show. What exactly is he famous for? Now, there's always the chance the producers could edit him to fit the whole storybook arc and story line where people expected one thing but got something better. But no one would see through that. I'm sure he'd go in truly believing he'd win. Hopefully the show never stoops low enough to cast him. Even politicians and D-level reality stars have more claim to fame. I did read an article which mentioned how DWTS has new competition Monday nights with The Voice, and that they may be feeling the pressure because their ratings slipped last season (and for the past two seasons people seemed to question the star quality more than others). I hope that doesn't result in casting more Bristols and Kates and having the judges get their claws out even more to pick a fight with the pros/celebs, or create fake drama and tension in rehearsal clips.

On the subject of politicians: Herman Cain, Michelle Bachman, and Mitt Romney have all turned the show down (not sure when Mitt's name ever came up in the rumor mill, but he said he's not doing it).

It does sound like Gavin DeGraw could be in. He sounds like the most legit spoiler so far. DWTS Gossip had posted awhile back they thought that the celebs/pros would be meeting on or around the 20th, so we may start getting news then. I'm surprised the rumor mill has been this quiet. Dolly Parton was again brought up as being signed on, but her rep quickly denied that rumor.

Kendra's hubby Hank Baskett is the latest rumor to be out there, although in his case it's more of an 'he wants to do it' vs 'he's going to do it'. I always liked Hank so that's one reality show casting slot I could get behind
    Last edited by karalott; 02-17-2012 at 03:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    Perez Hilton is the lowest of lows, bottom of the barrel casting that the show needs to steer away from. The little troll would likely long outstay his welcome and give crude and rude an entirely new meaning (actually, he already has). He's a legend in his own mind and I'm surprised he hasn't already said he was offered but thought he was too big for the show. What exactly is he famous for? Now, there's always the chance the producers could edit him to fit the whole storybook arc and story line where people expected one thing but got something better. But no one would see through that. I'm sure he'd go in truly believing he'd win. Hopefully the show never stoops low enough to cast him. Even politicians and D-level reality stars have more claim to fame. I did read an article which mentioned how DWTS has new competition Monday nights with The Voice, and that they may be feeling the pressure because their ratings slipped last season (and for the past two seasons people seemed to question the star quality more than others). I hope that doesn't result in casting more Bristols and Kates and having the judges get their claws out even more to pick a fight with the pros/celebs, or create fake drama and tension in rehearsal clips.

On the subject of politicians: Herman Cain, Michelle Bachman, and Mitt Romney have all turned the show down (not sure when Mitt's name ever came up in the rumor mill, but he said he's not doing it).

It does sound like Gavin DeGraw could be in. He sounds like the most legit spoiler so far. DWTS Gossip had posted awhile back they thought that the celebs/pros would be meeting on or around the 20th, so we may start getting news then. I'm surprised the rumor mill has been this quiet. Dolly Parton was again brought up as being signed on, but her rep quickly denied that rumor.

Kendra's hubby Hank Baskett is the latest rumor to be out there, although in his case it's more of an 'he wants to do it' vs 'he's going to do it'. I always liked Hank so that's one reality show casting slot I could get behind
    I certainly agree with you regarding Perez Hilton. He is one person who I just can't take. I use to love DWTS, but from the list I have seen I must be out of touch because I hardly know anyone who is on the list. JMO, but why is it that people who are rich get to be Reality TV Stars? They are already rich - isn't that enough of them? I am so tired of seeing the Kardashians in the news almost every single day. Rob did surprise me last season as he was not quite like the rest of the family. But, I think of Bristol Palin, and Kate Gosselin and I am sorry if I am offended anyone, but what makes them stars? I would love to see a cast of people that I consider real stars. People that are actors, singers, sports, etc. All these others that have only become known because they are wealthy and decide to get wealthier by starting a reality show. They are not stars in my eyes anyway.
    karalott and Fanny Mare like this.

I agree Jaceegirl, they are the D list. Well -D if that's possible.

There isn't one "star" on the list that I care to watch. I will skip this season if that is all they is to offer.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Per DwtsGossip, the confirmed pros returning are: Peta, Chelsie, Karina, Kym, Cheryl, Anna, Mark, Derek, Val, Tony. No word yet on how many couples, but now I'm worried for Maks, especially since the standard 'will he or won't he' articles are popping up. But I liked Tristan, too...hopefully they have 6 couples this season. Thrilled Chelsie and Anna are back, and that Peta and Val are getting a second chance. Could have done without Karina, Cheryl, Derek, and Mark.

Love Derek

Don't mind Mark .

Don't care about Maks at all the will he or wont he is boring z

I just hope Mark, Cheryl, Derek, and Karina all exit early. Cheryl doesn't do it for me anymore; I don't enjoy her choreography as much as I used to, and while I think she's the kind of teacher a slacker Kardashian or Ochocinco needs (not that he was a slacker that I know of, but he needed focus, according to her), she's become forgettable to me. Not a fan of Karina, and was hoping since she won last season, she'd be off this time. If any pro needed a season off, it'd be Mark. However, it'll probably be the usual line up: Derek, Cheryl, Maks (if he's back-and of course I won't care in his case ) get the sure thing front runners, Tony gets the next version of Kate, Chelsie and Anna probably get duds, Mark may actually get someone that they have to throw in a WTA dance to help him and his ego advance, Kym's possible cannon fodder (or may get lucky), Karina will probably get a dud, and whether they want to actually make use of Peta and Val and let their fan bases grow, they'll either get semi contenders (possibly like Nancy-bad dancer but large fan base) or early outs again. Since Tristan was able to stick around and grow a fan base quicker than those two, who knows, but he's a nice guy, and they sometimes like to stick the nice guys with the train wrecks.

It figures I'm finally warming up to Lacey and they sideline her for the season.

I like Lacey, she's edgy. I dont see Derek leaving early

According to Ryan Seacrest, the casting process isn't complete yet, which may be why we don't know who the last male pro(s) are going to be...which has me worried for Maks At least I have Val, who hopefully gets a better shot this season, but it won't be the same without Maks If they're doing this because he put the judges in their place and they whined about it, they need thicker skin and may CA's twitter explode the first time she does something idiotic (probably by week 2).

Tony said he's meeting his partner Friday, so we'll probably start getting more spoilers over the weekend. I hope the tight lid on the casting this season means we're in for some good, non-controversial, non-horrible dancing celebs...although I worry that earlier casting list might turn out more accurate. Maybe Kris Jenner whined about Rob not winning last season, so she's paying the producers off to have one of her other meal tickets kids win.
    TIA__MA and Fanny Mare like this.

+ Reply to Thread