+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: *Dancing With the Stars 14 (Spring 2012)* Spoilers & Speculation

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: *Dancing With the Stars 14 (Spring 2012)* Spoilers & Speculation

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    OMG!!! Taylor is a despicable famewhore and I WILL NOT watch next season if she's on - I'm sorry Maks!!
    I barely know anything about Taylor, but from what I saw of her after her husband's suicide, I feel like she'll be another Kate Gosselin in terms of divatude, drama, and tears. Unfortuantely, I worry that the producers would partner her with Maks for that very reason-get some good drama out of them, Maks is the big bad uncaring partner who makes his celeb's cry, and Taylor is the season's nutcase who only sticks around for craziness and drama. I also feel like she'd exploit her issues as well, just as some other celebs have done to gain an upper hand (or at the very least, the producers would use every sound bite of it and make it seem like she's obsessing over it).

In the past few seasons, the early rumors turned out to be bunk (give or take a Kardashian or Jersey Shore contestant spilling the beans on a talk show). However, some of the names leaked so far I could see happening. A politician, a fame seeking and dysfunctional reality TV stars, the youngest kids in the kult known as Kardashian? Yeah, they need to stop insulting their audience and just say they cast those peeps for ratings. Eventually it will backfire and they won't be able to recover. I read a recent article on a fan site that mentioned what DWTS could do to fix itself. It brought up the good point that ratings were down this season, were much higher in the spring, and the spring season was drama less, it was fun, there was no stunt casting, no judges battles, and no Kardashian. Kendra was probably the most controversial contestant that season, but that's not saying much. They should take that approach instead of casting Rick Perry or the offspring of the biggest fame seeking stage mom.

I realized that thanks to kids growing up on reality TV and parents looking for that viral Youtube moment that may get them their own reality show thanks to their kids, Dr. Phil and Dr. Drew are going to be employed a long time. That's where we'll probably be seeing the Kardashians and Kate Gosselin's group in 10 years.

If Taylor actually is cast, I see her being a very early out. She is extremely skinny and one of those people who looks like she would break pretty easily. I actually don't see her being a very good dancer and I doubt she has enough fans to keep her around longer than her dancing skills would merit.
    jucamer likes this.

it would be great if Dean Cain joined.

I love Dean Cain! I've seen his name pop up on both fan and critic wish lists before. I think he's recognizable enough, with quite a bit on his resume, and a very likeable personality to do well, especially if he can dance.

Some more scoop: on the pro front, Derek and Cheryl back right around when season 13 ended said they were signed on to return. Now, sometimes websites can hear a pro say they want to return and assume based on that, their popularity, and how long they've been on the show, turn that into they're definitely returning. But in Derek and Cheryl's cases I'd be more surprised if they weren't picked by producers. Maks also told People that he wants to return, and that's since turned into he's definitely coming back. But again, I'd be surprised (not to mention extremely disappointed) if he wasn't brought back. On DWTSGossip, they have this article saying Peta is returning.

How the Stunning Peta Murgatroyd of "Dancing with the Stars" Maintains Her Perfect Looking Legs - Yahoo! Voices - voices.yahoo.com

Peta will be back on the next season of "Dancing With the Stars" and she is certainly the one to watch.
    Dancing With the Stars Season 14 Casting Rumors: Producers Want Paula Deen, Says Insider - Dancing With The Stars

Dancing With the Stars Season 14 Casting Rumors: Producers Want Paula Deen, Says Insider
    January 18 at 03:10PM EST by Gina Carbone

Has Dancing With the Stars Season 14 already found its Kirstie Alley/Ricki Lake?

In December, Paula Deen flirted with “precious” DWTS pro Derek Hough as he co-hosted Live! With Kelly. We thought Derek and Paula would be a good match for DWTS and — lo and behold — it sounds like DWTS now wants Paula for Season 14.

HollywoodLife’s DWTS insider said producers are seriously considering 64-year-old Paula for the spring season. The timing fits since it was just revealed that Paula has Type 2 diabetes. She’s primed and ready for a health-and-body “transformation” story.

“Producers love Paula’s likability and think it would guarantee she’d be around for a couple weeks, regardless,” the insider said.
    Since Paula Deen is in the news right now and there's controversy surrounding her reveal on having diabetes, I could see them possibly going this route. She's well known, probably has a tight, core fanbase, would fit a different slot, and is in the news with a story people can relate to. Jersey Shore's JWoww and Tim Tebow are also in the rumor mix (both Karina and Chelsie say they want Tim as a partner). Somehow I doubt that'll be happening. So far, the only casting rumor I'm excited about is Paul Reubens. Everyone else-meh or ugh.

I would love Tim Tebow on but would hope he gets Chelsie....
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Source: Dancing With the Stars Season 14 Cast to Star Rehearsing February 20 - Dancing With The Stars

Source: Dancing With the Stars Season 14 Cast to Star Rehearsing February 20
    about 1 hour ago by Gina Carbone
    Related:Casting Rumors, TV Stars, Gossip, Season 14, Tom Bergeron
    Share this photo full size

Right now there’s not much else to do Dancing With the Stars-wise but speculate about Season 14. Who will be dancing? When will the pairs be announced?

The season starts on Monday, March 19. We’ve already speculated that the cast announcement will be coming on or before Monday, February 27, but @DWTSGossip recently shared some scoop that could give us the list a week earlier.

They tweeted on Jan. 23, “#DWTS season14 update: it seems like the new cast will start rehearsing around Feb. 20th. Cast announcement around the same time I assume.”

Sometimes the couples do rehearse before the announcement, so it’s possible ABC will still do an official reveal during The Bachelor on Feb. 27. Or maybe they’ll do it during the Feb. 20 episode of The Bachelor. Or maybe they’ll blow off The Bachelor completely in favor of something else. But if the cast starts rehearsing around Feb. 20, expect paparazzi shots and spoilers to come out about the pairs, with or without an official announcement coming at the same time.

@DWTSGossip tweeted to Tom Bergeron for more cast updates and the cheeky host replied, “‘when will the new cast be announced?’ LATE FEB. ‘Give us something to talk about.’ SOLAR FLARES.”

Ha! You heard the man. Late February. Until then, how ‘bout them solar flares?
    Like the past two spring seasons, it seems the show tried to keep a much tighter lid on any casting rumors-although by now it seemed at least one name officially leaked out. Or we had more rumors to go on. I'm hoping the secrecy means it's going to be a good cast and a good season with less drama and not so predictable.

Breaking News - The New Celebrity Cast of "Dancing With the Stars" to Be Revealed Live, Tuesday, February 28 Exclusively on "Good Morning America" | TheFutonCritic.com

THE NEW CELEBRITY CAST OF "DANCING WITH THE STARS" TO BE REVEALED LIVE, TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 28 EXCLUSIVELY ON "GOOD MORNING AMERICA"

"Dancing with the Stars" Premieres Monday, March 19

As announced today on "Good Morning America," this season's spectacular new cast of celebrities for "Dancing with the Stars" will be announced live from the El Capitan Theater in Hollywood, TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 28 exclusively during "Good Morning America" (7:00-9:00 a.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network. The major announcement returns to "GMA" in a morning that will be packed with big surprises.

The stars, the drama, the glamour and the glitter are back on ABC! "Dancing with the Stars" returns for Season 14 on MONDAY, MARCH 19 (8:00-10:01 p.m., ET) with a sensational two-hour season premiere, then on TUESDAY, MARCH 27, with the premiere of "Dancing with the Stars the Results Show" (9:00-10:01 p.m., ET).
    At least those of us who don't watch The Bachelor won't have to sit through 2 hours of that this time just to confirm a cast that was pretty much already spoiled in the days before (with probably the exception of one name-seems the last couple of seasons had someone pop up that wasn't even on the radar).

True but will have to record GMA since I'm at work early...
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    If Taylor actually is cast, I see her being a very early out. She is extremely skinny and one of those people who looks like she would break pretty easily. I actually don't see her being a very good dancer and I doubt she has enough fans to keep her around longer than her dancing skills would merit.
    I dont even know who she is.

I wonder if Rachel Ray is being considered? Chelsie Hightower tweeted she was taking Rachel dress shopping....."At @museapparel getting some amazing dresses for Rachel Ray"

+ Reply to Thread