+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: *Dancing With the Stars 14 (Spring 2012)* Spoilers & Speculation

Re: *Dancing With the Stars 14 (Spring 2012)* Spoilers & Speculation

Of the last several seasons, this is the cast where I knew the least number of cast members. There are four people this season that I've never even heard of.

Once again, Derek gets the hot, young girl who can dance (or at least is well-coordinated - I've seen her do segments on various shows that display this). Is anyone surprised?

My first reaction to the cast list was "They cast freaking Urkel!?" WTF?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Of the last several seasons, this is the cast where I knew the least number of cast members. There are four people this season that I've never even heard of.

Once again, Derek gets the hot, young girl who can dance (or at least is well-coordinated - I've seen her do segments on various shows that display this). Is anyone surprised?

My first reaction to the cast list was "They cast freaking Urkel!?" WTF?
    Surprisingly enough, when I watched bits and pieces of news interviews about the cast announcement, quite a few people pegged Urkel to win. I could live with that He mentioned something in an interview about Kym being a ferrari that he couldn't drive fast enough (I'm paraphrasing there, but something to that effect), and Kym said she loved him already. That's a pair I look forward to seeing.
    Bunny555 and jucamer like this.

I dont even know who Urkel is, but I adore Kym

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    Surprisingly enough, when I watched bits and pieces of news interviews about the cast announcement, quite a few people pegged Urkel to win. I could live with that He mentioned something in an interview about Kym being a ferrari that he couldn't drive fast enough (I'm paraphrasing there, but something to that effect), and Kym said she loved him already. That's a pair I look forward to seeing.
    Ar least I've heard of him which is more than I can say for half the cast. I've never heard of any of the Disney kids and can't understand why they cast them. I really can't see any fan of those kids watching this show just to see them.
    CYA

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555 View Post
    Ar least I've heard of him which is more than I can say for half the cast. I've never heard of any of the Disney kids and can't understand why they cast them. I really can't see any fan of those kids watching this show just to see them.
    ABC is owned by Disney So while I'd love to see kid stars from Nick (which my niece is more into watching than Disney now) I think they have to make the bosses happy. I don't know any of the Disney stars, except the ones that are too big for the show, I guess. And Dylan/Cody Sprouse, but I remember them more from the movie Big Daddy. I guess they have to have someone for the younger viewers. From what I've heard, Roshan's show is big on Disney, so he isn't just some one time wonder that did a couple of guest spots on a random show and then got the billing 'Disney star'.

Dances are coming in for the first week (and everyone has 2 weeks before the first elimination to do a latin and ballroom dance-wish they'd do that every season). Cha cha and foxtrot are the first two. So far, Maria has the cha cha (surprise), and Martina and Jack the foxtrot.
    Bunny555 likes this.

I'm actually excited that I have heard of at least half of the cast. That's far more than in the past several seasons.
    I don't mind too much that Derek's back though I's rather he'd gotten Sherri Shepperd.

Karina and Cheryl are "whatever," imo. I'd really love for Mr. "It's All About Me" overdancing-spat-wearing Mark to be gone. I have a hard time remembering but at one time I actually liked him. It's a shame he's forgotten that the celeb is supposed to be the STAR. Yes, sometimes other pro's dance around their stars and try to distract, but that's generally when they're horrible. I think it's forgivable to dance around and try to compensate for a Penn Gillette or Maci Gray. Mark's recent partners weren't in that catagory.

I'm especially glad to see Anna, Kym, Maks, Chelsie and Tristan again. Hopefully Gladys Knight will have enough of a following to keep them on for a good while. It will almost be uncomfortable to watch Tony this season. It makes me understand why Jonathan walked away. At least I get to see him dance with Anna in an occasional pro number.
    karalott and jucamer like this.

I'd rather Tristan have Martina than Gladys but oh well, at least he's ON. Hope this isn't Tristan's last season.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Elsa66 View Post
    I'd rather Tristan have Martina than Gladys but oh well, at least he's ON. Hope this isn't Tristan's last season.
    He may surprise us, doubt it though
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Wow! Maks had no idea who Melissa Gilbert was!

Maks Chmerkovskiy made a surprising confession Friday on "Good Day L.A." when he revealed he had no idea who his new "Dancing With the Stars" partner Melissa Gilbert was when they were first introduced at the Season 14 cast announcement.

"When she walked in and we said, 'Hi,' which was this week, cause we just met, she goes, 'Oh my god, it's you!' and I go, 'Oh my god, it's uhh, you ..." Maks said, looking confused. "And for the next two and a half minutes I really tried to play this whole out of respect thing, and I had no clue who she was, zero."

Maks does have a decent excuse, though. Gilbert rose to fame as a child star on "Little House On The Prairie," which was aired from 1974-1983. He immigrated to the United States from Ukraine in 1994, so he missed her TV run, even though the show was internationally syndicated. "Since we met she actually gifted me with the entire collection of the show," he noted, before vowing to make up for the awkward introduction with "the best cha-cha I can."
    karalott likes this.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    Wow! Maks had no idea who Melissa Gilbert was!

Maks Chmerkovskiy made a surprising confession Friday on "Good Day L.A." when he revealed he had no idea who his new "Dancing With the Stars" partner Melissa Gilbert was when they were first introduced at the Season 14 cast announcement.

"When she walked in and we said, 'Hi,' which was this week, cause we just met, she goes, 'Oh my god, it's you!' and I go, 'Oh my god, it's uhh, you ..." Maks said, looking confused. "And for the next two and a half minutes I really tried to play this whole out of respect thing, and I had no clue who she was, zero."

Maks does have a decent excuse, though. Gilbert rose to fame as a child star on "Little House On The Prairie," which was aired from 1974-1983. He immigrated to the United States from Ukraine in 1994, so he missed her TV run, even though the show was internationally syndicated. "Since we met she actually gifted me with the entire collection of the show," he noted, before vowing to make up for the awkward introduction with "the best cha-cha I can."
    Gawd, that makes me feel so old. That show is old, so it's not surprising that Maks didn't watch it, but to have not even heard of her? I know she isn't all that high profile, but still.

As for gifting him the whole series, I highly doubt he'll ever watch it. Send it to me Maks. I'd watch.
    jucamer likes this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

+ Reply to Thread