+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: *Dancing With the Stars 14 (Spring 2012)* Spoilers & Speculation

Re: *Dancing With the Stars 14 (Spring 2012)* Spoilers & Speculation

Quote Originally Posted by RickiRick View Post
    I agree Derek is a step above the others in the competition, so wish they would give him a challenge. Maybe they need to score this like golf, with a handicap system. Probably take 1.5 points off each dance for Derek to give others a chance, add 2.5 points for Tony.
    I think he is fine as he is.

FORT Fogey

SO EXCITED for: these are not scraping the barrel...I'll actually be WATCHING this season!
    Melissa Gilbert - Little House on the Prairie, and many other movies
    Jaleel White (Urkel) - who didn't love this geek - and now we see him as a real guy?
    Martina Navratilova - only the greatest all time women's tennis star!
    Jack Wagner
    Sherri Shepard

Don't know who they are:
    Maria menunos
    Gavin DeGraw
    Donald Driver
    Roshon Fegan
    William Levi
    Catherine Jenkins

I absolutely love Katherine Jenkins. It is unfortunate that she is probably paired with Mark. For those of you who don't remember she was the beautiful classical singer on classical music night last year. I will be supporting her in spite of Mark.
    Last edited by DancingDad; 02-28-2012 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DancingDad View Post
    I absolutely love Katherine Jenkins. It is unfortunate that she is probably paired with Mark. For those of you who don't remember she was the beautiful classical singer on classical music night last year. I will be supporting her in spit of Mark.
    Beautiful voice! She was on come dancing in the UK, she sang, not danced. She's so pretty. I will watch how she and Mark are together.

it's been a wild ride! Parkhillian's Avatar

I absolutely am thrilled with the Season 14 cast! Big names and NO drama/controversy figure as in seasons past. I will definitely be watching - YAY!
    combatcutie and Fanny Mare like this.

I LOVE Gladys Knight! So excited she's gonna be on. And it doesn't hurt that she's paired with Tristan, either!

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

I actually like this cast and will be watching. I usually never watch, but there are a few that I would like to see. I really didn't want to see Sherri Sheperd on there, but glad she's not paired with my Maks
    jucamer likes this.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Beautiful voice! She was on come dancing in the UK, she sang, not danced. She's so pretty. I will watch how she and Mark are together.
    The other thing that many people don't know about Katherine is that she is an ardent supporter of NATO's troops overseas. She does many "USO" like visits to entertain the troops. Her facebook page says she's over there now (or traveling to/from) Afghanistan right now. That is probably why she missed the cast announcement on GMA.

Quote Originally Posted by DancingDad View Post
    The other thing that many people don't know about Katherine is that she is an ardent supporter of NATO's troops overseas. She does many "USO" like visits to entertain the troops. Her facebook page says she's over there now (or traveling to/from) Afghanistan right now. That is probably why she missed the cast announcement on GMA.
    Good for her!! I am looking forward to seeing her. I am just glad she isnt paired with Maks

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

So excited there's no Kardashians, politicians, celebs mistresses, Youtube freak shows, or anything else like that in the mix. Hopefully the producers can learn that they don't need that type of stunt crap casting. I know in the eyes of the media it's usually the worse season ever and there's no stars anywhere, but who cares. The cast looked pitiful on paper to me last night, but I think I can enjoy this season, assuming the producers and judges don't screw it up.

I want to like Katherine Jenkins but it's hard for me to root for anyone partnered with Mark. Then I remember, he usually forgets he has a partner when he's dancing anyway. Since I think some of the other celebs will have the name recognition or stronger fanbases, I'll be curious how she, William, Gavin, and Martina do. Usually a strong fan base or extremely strong first impression are what matters in the first few weeks.

Very happy that the pairings turned out to be true. Gladys Knight certainly came out of no where. Glad to hear Chelsie's partner has moves; she usually gets screwed in that department, so I'll be excited to see what she can really do with a partner that had experience. Maybe she'll finally make it to the finals. Very happy for Val, since Sherri's fanbase will keep them around awhile. I think that's what I like about this cast, is that practically everyone has their own core demo that would likely tune in and vote for them. No obvious unknowns that don't have something else going for them, no obvious ringer, no sob stories, no one that's so big they'll win on paper. Could be a great season Fingers crossed. Mostly, I'm glad my two Ukrainian eye candies are back I'll be curious if William Levy goes the way of Gilles and Cristian for Cheryl, or if he fizzles out. At least he's pretty to look at. Her fanbase may help him get through if he's not pulling in the votes himself. Already figure Maria, based on her fanbase and Derek's, will probably be close to the finals. Hopefully the judges actually, you know, judge this season. And who knows, who can dance the best may actually factor in this season.

Still predicting Tony and his partner as the first to go, but we'll see. At least they all get two dances before the first elimination.

+ Reply to Thread