+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728 LastLast
Like Tree214Likes

Thread: 11/22 Finale Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Re: 11/22 Finale Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

After watching Ron Artest dance again last night, he really wasn't that bad. I think if he wasn't so self aware and maybe embarrassed?, he could have done much better. At least he tried and there were parts where his hips were actually moving. He certainly wasn't the worst dancer we've seen on this show. I don't know...I guess I feel bad because it has to suck to be the first one eliminated. Eh.

I'm so happy that JR won!! I was rooting for him all season. I love how he was rooting for Karina as much, if not more, as himself. And Karina at one time was my least favorite pro. I couldn't stand her one bit. Last season she started softening up and this season pushed her over the edge. She was delightful this season.

Rob....I can't dislike him. Even if he is a Kardashian. He started out goofy and kind of a smart ass but then something clicked and he started taking it seriously. I don't know....I liked his positive attitude, I guess. And I think I'm in the minority but I really loved their freestyle. His foot placement when he was spinning Cheryl wasn't great, but the rest of the dance was adorable. I'm glad to see him do so well....I think the kid really needed something to boost his confidence. And the other stars seemed to really like him. So...that says something.

I'm pleased with the how it all turned out. JR won, Rob gained confidence that will hopefully help him better himself in his real life.

I have to admit that I enjoyed Carson and David the most last night, though. They had me laughing so hard.
    Coco46 likes this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Fogey

I hope Rob takes whatever confidence he's gained and gets a career and a place of his own--and I'd say that whether his last name was Kardashian or not. He's twenty-four and has the financial resources to get his own apartment and start establishing his own life outside of his family. Doesn't mean he can't still stay close with his family, but it's beneficial for any young adult who can afford it and is capable of it to go out and learn how to live on his/her own. So far as I know, he's pretty much lived at home or with one of his sisters. That has to make it too easy to slide into a little brother/son role. When Cheryl started pushing him and he started to see results, he seemed to get with the program. Maybe he needs to start living and working on his own so that he is in a position where he has to start pushing himself the way Cheryl pushed him or pay the consequences.
    TIA__MA and Coco46 like this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I'm so thrilled JR and Karina won!! I've been a huge fan of JR since I saw him on All My Children. His positive attitude is infectious. If anyone has a good reason to be bitter at the world for their fate, it would be him for the injuries he suffered but he hasn't let that change who he is inside and I admire that. I was hoping he could dance, too, since I wanted to root for them and happily, he did dance very well!

Truthfully, I think Ricki and JR should have been final two. Rob may have been the most improved dancer this season but I don't think he was a better dancer than Ricki. It did make me happy to see Ricki eliminated, though, because I knew then that JR's chances of winning shot way up. I just didn't see Rob beating out both JR and Ricki, even with Cheryl as his partner.

It offended me when Len took the time to congratulate the band during JR's performance. If the hosts or judges feel the band and singers need kudos, they should give it during the breaks or something instead of wasting time set aside for a dancer to get constructive criticism. The show is Dancing With the Stars, not Battle of the Bands. Get your priorities straight, Len!

It's a shame that Chyna forgot her routine and got eliminated so early. She was a beautiful dancer when she had her act together and I thought she was going to be a front-runner in the competition.

I hope next season Val and Tristan get good partners so we get to see more of them. I really enjoyed them.

I thought the same thhing as you, JavaJo, that Ron Artest wasn't as bad as I remember and might have had some promise. I really wish they would let them all dance for two weeks and then start eliminating them.

Chyna looked fantastic.... ahhh... what we missed.
    JavaJo likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by MSWalkoff
    OK, I stand corrected. The only thing dumber than ending a season with Insta-dances is the judges giving those dances a 30.
    And the only thing dumber than the judges giving those dances a 30 was Brooke saying to JR something like, "so you have the highest scores . . ." pause, uh, moment of discomfort, pause, "um, I mean tonight." Way to give it away Brookie!

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes!!!!!!!!!

I AM SO FREAKING HAPPY FOR JR AND KARINA!

Really, Ness? We couldn't tell!
    ness likes this.
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    It offended me when Len took the time to congratulate the band during JR's performance. If the hosts or judges feel the band and singers need kudos, they should give it during the breaks or something instead of wasting time set aside for a dancer to get constructive criticism. The show is Dancing With the Stars, not Battle of the Bands. Get your priorities straight, Len!
    I felt the same. In fact, I couldn't understand that at all, unless it was a deliberate slap in the face (why?) or Len was having a "senior moment." It was bizarre. Last week, it also irked me when Len said JR's paso was more like zero than Zorro. It just was not necessary to be that harsh. Same as telling Nancy she was like Cinderella when the clock struck midnight and it was time for her to go home. And then he tells Rob that he has the best footwork of any male contestant ever on the show! Are you kidding me? Anyway ... all's well that ends well. JR won!
    Dahlia97 and ilja like this.

My thoughts about the finale before I read all the posts. Finale nights are always my favorites on DWTS, have been since season 1. I love the free-style dances, love the returning stars on final finale night.

I voted for JR all season long, so I am thrilled he won. His free-style was my favorite. Karina is so much more likeable than she was when she was in the finale with Mario, I was even happy for her win. The last two seasons with JR and Ralph have shown the sweet side of her personality.

I was not at all surprised with Ricki in 3rd place. She had Brandy-itis, which no-one seems to like. Note to Ricki, you may want the win, but we doubt it's actually more than everyone else that's in the competition. Saying you want the win more does not make it true.

I did not care about Rob at all before the show started, but he really grew on me and I am happy he ended up in second place.

eta: What's up with the lighting this year? They made the new stage but the lighting left a lot to be desired in several shows. They definitely did not improve on that aspect.
    Last edited by justCoz; 11-23-2011 at 08:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain View Post
    And the only thing dumber than the judges giving those dances a 30 was Brooke saying to JR something like, "so you have the highest scores . . ." pause, uh, moment of discomfort, pause, "um, I mean tonight." Way to give it away Brookie!

[/B]

Really, Ness? We couldn't tell!

Oh, well . . .

Let's just say I was a wee tad bit happy?

"In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

FORT Fanatic

There seems to always be a statement from Len at some point praising the band, so I don't think it was necessarily anything against JR, that he chose that moment to make his comments. Bad timing, maybe, but I know I've heard him make those comments about the band just about every season that I've watched, anyway.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Bronwyn View Post
    There seems to always be a statement from Len at some point praising the band, so I don't think it was necessarily anything against JR, that he chose that moment to make his comments. Bad timing, maybe, but I know I've heard him make those comments about the band just about every season that I've watched, anyway.
    Yes, he does. I know last season he did it after Hines and Kym's finale Samba.

+ Reply to Thread