+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122 LastLast
Like Tree143Likes

Thread: 11/21 DWTS13 Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Re: 11/21 DWTS13 Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Giggity22 View Post
    I cant believe people actually think there is some kind of inside job or that somehow the producers rig it when it comes down to the elimination process. As far as I know, shows that do take viewer votes into account have to have some kind of integrity to their system.
    Also, I cant see Len as someone who would have a producer tell him that because of the way the votes are now, they have to give team X this score and team Y this score. I think people need to calm down in regards to saying the show is rigged.
    Actually there have been cases to legitimately question it. Maybe not claim an inside job and the like, but many cannot avoid the obvious controversy staring them in the face.

Last year there was a winner take all dance that obviously favored a particular duo's chances - Mark and Chelsea.

Had Mark not won that, I think we'd had the first year since either the Houghs or Ballas arrived where we had all three finalists not include a duo with a Hough, Mark or Cheryl. Had Mark been eliminated, it'd been Maks with Kirstie, Kym with Hines (who yes has now won twice but she still isn't one of the perennials), and Karina with Ralph.

Ralph was by far the better dancer over Chelsea, but suddenly he got this horrible dance notes, Karina the inappropriate comment about her outfit and in turn her (references a normally innocuous comment about a young cat).

Anyone and everyone pretty much did NOT know who Chelsea was - and yet she was a Disney darling. She also didn't dance well, while Ralph had consistently done well.

This WTA dance was NOT announced as going to happen throughout the season, just toward the end, and then in spite of the other three honestly having the better dances, Chelsea and Mark win 15 POINT to guarantee a spot in the finals. Had they not had it, Mark and Chelsea would've been about 5 or so points at the bottom, and with the fan base we were reading, they'd not been in the finals. It also assured Ralph and Karina an ouster.

That WTA dance in particular has lead to a lot of this controversy and questioning about the results.

If JR Doesn't win tonight - knowing his background and how well he's dance even WITH the injury last week - I can assure you that there will be conspiracy theories and the like for many years to come and would wonder if the FCC will be looking into making these "reality" shows require certain Game Show rules to avoid the issue.
    karalott, GabbyG, Dahlia97 and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Giggity22 View Post
    Did you read what your saying out loud? That because a ballas or hough wouldn't be in the finals they rigged it so they would? That is insane. Sure they have favorites but did it ever cross your mind that maybe Ralph was boring and not that good? Personally I thought Chelsea was very good and deserved to be where she was.
    I thought Chelsea was great, but that doesnt seem to matter

Well lets hope another pro takes a break , and we dont have his drama, that made his partner want to leave.I dont see this with anyone else.
    I think Rob did this on his own, I dont think ABC is that manipulated, they dont need to be This show has won its spot all season, contrary to popular belief, it hasn't lost viewer.

WTG ROB, Ricki and JR! mirror ball fun tonight

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Well lets hope another pro takes a break , and we dont have his drama, that made his partner want to leave.I dont see this with anyone else.
    I think Rob did this on his own, I dont think ABC is that manipulated, they dont need to be This show has won its spot all season, contrary to popular belief, it hasn't lost viewer.

WTG ROB, Ricki and JR! mirror ball fun tonight
    Ratings have been down. Halloween week it was made into a big press deal when it had its lowest ratings ever (or in many, many seasons-it was still 16 million, so nothing another network wouldn't want, but the show has lost viewers this season). The finale was up to 20 million-ish, but the premieres and finales usually are. Although I think this seasons premiere was down from season 12 as well. It just wasn't an interesting mix of a cast, and some of the best and most fun personalities (Carson, David), left too soon. Rob got here because of his family, and probably Cheryl's popularity. You won't convince me he did it on his own But it's all over tonight, and hopefully the Kardashians go back to their network and stay there. Even if J.R. doesn't win, he stills goes out with more this season than a mirrorball can bring, and he'll forever be cemented as the one who should have won.

I'm hoping Mark and Derek take a break next season. What will CA do without her golden duo?
    Last edited by karalott; 11-22-2011 at 07:16 PM.
    GabbyG and jucamer like this.

Derek took one, its time Maks did.
    As for ratings, they were number one in their spot. I am going to enjoy tonight , I guess it will be up to you if you do or dont
    Shoepie likes this.

FORT Fogey

Your post made me think about why I watch. Partly, I think it's because my mother loved the show, though she only saw the first few seasons. Partly, it's for the surprises--like the first time I saw Gilles, whom I didn't know at all, dance. Partly, it's for the moments that are genuinely funny--Tom being snarky, Dance Center, the quick-witted "stars" like Carson. Partly, it's even for the ridiculous costumes--like watching an awards show and wondering who in the world decided someone should wear that.

I know I don't watch it just for one particular pro. For instance, I've always thought Louis was a terrific teacher, but while I'd have liked to see him this season, I didn't tune out just because he wasn't there. I definitely don't watch it for the band, the singers, Brooke, or the dorky theme nights either--though there has been the occasional surprise there too. I liked classical night last season, because the orchestra was so much better, and it was nice to see people, say, waltz to an actual waltz.

I'll also admit to not bothering to vote if there's no one I'm overly interested in. I've gone entire seasons without voting.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Derek took one, its time Maks did.
    As for ratings, they were number one in their spot. I am going to enjoy tonight , I guess it will be up to you if you do or dont

Umm Maks already took a break for a season
    karalott likes this.

FORT Fogey

I don't keep as careful track of the pros--is there anyone who's never taken a break?

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I don't keep as careful track of the pros--is there anyone who's never taken a break?

Spatzy boy? I don't recall him taking a break

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    Umm Maks already took a break for a season
    See, I didnt even miss him

+ Reply to Thread