+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122 LastLast
Like Tree143Likes

Thread: 11/21 DWTS13 Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: 11/21 DWTS13 Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

I wonder if it was planned to have Karina shake her booty in front of her ex fiance and his brother. That was awkward but funny. They could have sat Maks, Val, Kirstie, and Hope anywhere, but picked there. Karina knows how to choreograph a freestyle. I watched Rob's out of curiousity, but in no way was that anywhere near a 30 compared to J.R.'s. I have to believe they're doing this either to boost Rob's ego, go along with his "dark horse" story line, or justify having him finish 2nd. I just can't imagine J.R. not winning, unless they really throw him under the bus tomorrow and find someway to throw out the fan votes. J.R. deserves the win and I'm happy for Karina if she can finally pull it off. She's paid her dues. That jump he did was about the most amazing move I've ever seen on here. I liked, too, that instead of doing what a lot of couples do and dance either right in front of the judges or on the judges table, they danced instead to the audience.

Rob would be the worst winner in the show's history.
    Last edited by karalott; 11-22-2011 at 12:00 AM.
    ness, Moontat and jucamer like this.

I really enjoyed tonight love the last three. Karina and JR stole the night for me.She has a great body! omg! and their freestyle was terrific. I still like Rob, and my heart is with Derek( incredible footwork he has) all in all it was a fun night.I was on the phone with my gf's and they are splitting their votes

Hard to have learn dances, kudos to the final three

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    Apparently they love it when he sticks his butt out (is that a Kardashian trait or something?) So it'd make sense.
    They all have rather large butts.
    karalott likes this.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    They all have rather large butts.
    It's definitely what they're known for--Kim certainly backed her way into fame and fortune.
    karalott, ness, Shoepie and 1 others like this.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

In reading back through this thread, seems this is the common storyline every season. Ricki was the leader nearly every week, gave (what the judges thought-it's up to debate with the viewers), near flawless performances that were overscored and overpraised, had her token week where she fell from grace, but climbed back up the next week, fought through injury (thank god that wasn't a recurring theme week after week with anyone this season), she and Derek appear to be all wonderful together...and tonight Derek gets a bad edit in his rehearsal package and Ricki falls from grace, though this is more the 'thanks for playing our game, here's a nice parting gift while we kick you to the curb' type of deal. It's why I had to roll my eyes at all of the drama surrounding Hope/Maks week after week. With rare exceptions, I don't believe everyone is constantly fighting and at each other's throats every second of rehearsals, just like I don't there's a ton of love in the room and not an ounce of frustration, stress, or fighting. Some people just get that select edit when the show wants to use it, others get it all season because it makes for good headlines. I remember during season 9, when Natalie Coughlin was eliminated, she said that the rehearsal video shown the week she was eliminated had footage from the first few days of training-it painted her and Alec in a bickering light, but she said that was from the first week, yet they chose to show it week 6 (?) when she was eliminated. It's why I have a hard time getting behind Rob's tolerant personality and the whole story line the show built up around him. In watching Cheryl's freestyle, that was one undeserved 30, and she's definitely lost her touch on the freestyle round. I was impressed to hear that Rob is going to law school, so maybe he's the good version of the black sheep in his famewhore family. But I won't miss him, and hope he's the last one in that gene pool who samba's their way on. I can avoid them when they aren't around the show, but it's harder to do that when they're on. Of course one of the girls may not have it as easy with CA.

There's a small part of me that's curious to see what would happen in the studio and the media if J.R. lost-but not curious enough to hope it happens. I can't see how J.R. can lose.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

I enjoyed tonight's show without Hope and Maks! It was so nice to not have their bitter smirks and remarks! I just found it much more relaxing.

In my opinion, J.R. has this in the bag and everyone knows it. America just loves him - he is a hero - and he's a great dancer. I just can't see anyone else coming close to the amount of votes he must be getting. I really like Ricky and Derek, and I have grown to like Cheryl and Rob, but I think they will even be happy for J.R. to win.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

FORT Fogey

JR's freestyle was the lesser of the three, in my opinion. A long portion was taken up by them dancing seperately and not in sync on that platform; something Len does not like, even in freestyle. They all deserved 10's. Impossible to see why Ricki only got 9's.

It doesnt really matter. It was a good season but lacked in that we knew the winner from day one. I like JR but do not think he is better than Ricki. I will love seeing Rob come in second. Seems we know that one too!
    karalott and Fanny Mare like this.

I was disappointed with the freestyles. I look forward to them coming out and doing something totally different- a weird theme, maybe some hip hop or pop and lock, funky lighting, strange costumes- but we got none of that. JRs was high energy and got the crowd going, but it still didn't excite me that much. Marie Osmond's freestyle was a total train wreck, but at least it was different!

The way I see it:

Ricki has the technicality, but not the pizazz (or razzle dazzle as Len would say)
    Rob has the pizazz (seems to be having fun), but not the technicality
    JR has the technicality and the pizazz, so I think he will be the winner and should be
    NFL1, JunkieGirl and ness like this.

I don't get how Rob K got 10's and then JR got 10's and Ricki only 9's. I do think that this is a closely matched top 3 and as of last night it looked like it should be Ricki as number 1, Rob as number 2 and JR as number 3 but I don't think that will happen. I do think that Kim K and Kris Jenner are using the wedding money to bribe the judges for a Rob K win. As it looks right now I will not be surprised.

BTW Ricki looks great and has absolutely fabulous legs. Did anyone notice the Biggest Loser reference. It was cute.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fanatic

You can not argue that JRs first dance wasn't crappy. He was totally out of sync with her. Normally when they say people get out of sync I can't really tell. That time I noticed it right away. I think a 7 was a bit harsh considering Chaz was getting 7s for waddling around the floor but whatever, he made up for it later.

I don't get the Rob hate. I am someone who DESPISES the Kardashians and their "Brand" but really think Rob is the standout of the season. He's gotten better every week to the point where he peaked in the finals. Isn't that what the show is about? Not having someone who's done dancing in the past and coasts to 10s every week but someone who starts off crappy, learns the moves and gets better every time? It makes me physically ill to see that attention whore of a family sitting in the front row every week (what the hell were they wearing?!) but I gave all my votes to Rob last night. He earned them. If you told me week 1 he was going to win I would have been pissed. Now, Im cool with it. Also everyone bitching about CA fawning over him, it wasn't just her last night. All 3 of them praised him. She's terrible at this and was all season with him but last night I think she deserves a pass.

I finally figured out why I can't stand Rikki. It occurred to me after she finished the freestyle and started going crazy like she just won the Super Bowl or something. SHES FAKE! That was the most awkward forced celebrating Ive ever seen. I think Derek told her she needs to look like JR does when he finishes and that was the result. Watch it again. It comes across as forced and so out of the blue. Its just on par with her sheepish "Oh my god, Thank you thank you thank you" and shocked expression every time a judge says she did good. I can't stand that. I don't care if its JR or Rob but if she wins Im going to be angry.
    TIA__MA likes this.

+ Reply to Thread