Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast
Like Tree143Likes

Thread: 11/21 DWTS13 Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Re: 11/21 DWTS13 Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by TIA__MA View Post
    Maks just tweeted:

Kirsti is rooting for Ricki.LOL

I voted for Rob and Cheryl (6) and JR and Karina (4). I really do think Rob has been the most improved and better contender tonight, but JR and Karina's performance was spectacular as well. I would be happy if either of them win.

I think Ricki is amazing, but I hate Derek.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

WOW! What a lackluster finale. The freestyles should have been exciting with feel good dance music, like JR's was. Is it possible the judges want a Rob/JR dance off? Hmmm. Rob has sure thrown a wrench into this entire competition hasn't he? I still want JR to win so I got my piddly amount of votes in.

Now I will share an embarrassing story. I've never liked Karina, she seemed like a witch. About 5 weeks ago, while voting for JR, I realized I was voting for Karina too. Talk about slow on the up-take. I blame it on the blonde hair. LOL

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    WOW! What a lackluster finale. The freestyles should have been exciting with feel good dance music, like JR's was. Is it possible the judges want a Rob/JR dance off? Hmmm. Rob has sure thrown a wrench into this entire competition hasn't he? I still want JR to win so I got my piddly amount of votes in.

Now I will share an embarrassing story. I've never liked Karina, she seemed like a witch. About 5 weeks ago, while voting for JR, I realized I was voting for Karina too. Talk about slow on the up-take. I blame it on the blonde hair. LOL
    You think that's bad, Maks is rooting for J.R., which means rooting for his ex (and needless to say, they can't stand each other). I wish J.R. could have been partnered with Anna, only because I like Anna so much more than Karina, but I've grown to like Karina in the last few seasons. Still far from my favorite and I wouldn't care if she wasn't asked back next season. But I think being in love (first with Maks, now with her current fiance), and not being asked for season 10, has humbled her. I think Cheryl got her ego and arrogance back, and Derek is Derek. Sounds like the judges are definitely set it up for Rob vs J.R.
    jucamer likes this.

A few notes:

1. OK, JR was a little bit off in his Cha-Cha. That said, I found it very interesting that the judges were essentially DOCKING him points because he didn't let his partner help cover up his flaws. I mean... come on, that's getting really petty.

2. I cannot get the picture out of my head where Rob practically had his hand on Cheryl's crotch in the free. I'm sorry but while I know that you can get grabbed a bit in these lifts, he had his hand right in front of her nether region. Sorry... just gross. (and worse when you remember WHY the Kardashians got into this fame).

BTW - he clomped in that free, it was very choppy. It was NOT NOT NOT worth the 30.

3. Derek and Ricki were forgettable. That was a surprise.

4. JR's free was the only true entertaining one. Yes, it had hip hop in it, but they 1. took risks (and real ones BTW), 2., added bits of Latin dance here and there, and 3. Again was anything but a snoozefest.

I'm voting for JR and Karina because they have been most consistent throughout the season and I"m flat out disgusted with this obvious favoring of Rob to try and let him win.
    TIA__MA and Coco46 like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by zookeepertx View Post
    *tries to keep a straight face... can't manage it*

<snicker, snicker> LOLOL!
    I can't believe anyone could keep a straight face when CA announced that they should consider her "blown." Good grief, woman, you've been sitting on a panel with Bruno for how long and you still haven't figure out how a double entendre works?

Unless the comment was meant as a super-secret message to her boy toy Robbie.
    jucamer likes this.

Is anyone else having some issues online? I've definitely voted online since they set up account verifications, but so far it is making me verify/validate every single ABC account that I already have and have had for years! Also giving me password error messages, when I know I entered my passwords correctly. I didn't think this would be quite so time consuming. I started not long after the show ended, east coast time.

That said, I voted 35 times for J.R. and Karina online, and 10 times over the phone (land line and cell phone). I could keep voting with other emails I have (I have a bunch of accounts with Disney, heh), but it's taking too long as it is. I hope everyone else had an easier time online! I had no problem with phone votes, but I called midway through the show. Checked the line again right after the show just to see what was going on, and I got the "You've reached your calling limit" spiel 2x, along with 7 busy signals. Hopefully a good sign for J.R.

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

Had an awful time voting by phone. Finally got 6 votes in, using two phones. All votes went for JR. I'm hoping the busy and "this line is not working" (to that effect), meant that there was an overload of calls for him. How could Rob get 10's??? I'm no expert, but can see he shouldn't be getting anywhere near a l0. His winning the mirror ball would be the final straw to keep me from watching the show again. As it is, I've been switching channels to other shows more this season than ever before, when I couldn't stand the contestants who were performing.
    VAgirl79 likes this.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I can't believe anyone could keep a straight face when CA announced that they should consider her "blown." Good grief, woman, you've been sitting on a panel with Bruno for how long and you still haven't figure out how a double entendre works?

Unless the comment was meant as a super-secret message to her boy toy Robbie.
    I was shocked that she said that too....but there was a looong pause before she said "Away". So she wasn't blown, but blown...........away. Haha So weird typing that.

Quote Originally Posted by BTW View Post
    Had an awful time voting by phone. Finally got 6 votes in, using two phones. All votes went for JR. I'm hoping the busy and "this line is not working" (to that effect), meant that there was an overload of calls for him. How could Rob get 10's??? I'm no expert, but can see he shouldn't be getting anywhere near a l0. His winning the mirror ball would be the final straw to keep me from watching the show again. As it is, I've been switching channels to other shows more this season than ever before, when I couldn't stand the contestants who were performing.
    I'm with you. The only reason I even suffered through the results show last week was to see the Muppets, it was that obvious what was coming for Rob (and Ricki).

The best dancer doesn't always win, but in those cases, the winner has always (IMO) been understandable due to entertainment factor (ex. Emmett over Mario, even though I preferred Mario; Helio over Mel, which worked out for me since I loved Helio). In this case, a Rob win over J.R. would be a big time travesty. Rob is improved, yes, but he still does mostly limited, dumbed down choreography and he is flat out NOT entertaining to me. Ricki doesn't entertain me either, but at least she is technically better than Rob. J.R. has both pieces of the puzzle, plus has that "je ne sais quoi" factor going for him too.

There will be no words to describe how utterly po'd I will be if a lowly Kardashian beats the better dancer and better entertainer, who is also a war hero.
    jucamer likes this.

+ Reply to Thread