+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast
Like Tree143Likes

Thread: 11/21 DWTS13 Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 11/21 DWTS13 Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Is anyone having trouble voting for someone other than J.R.? You don't have to say whom you're voting for--I'm just wondering if it's a general problem with the phone lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Daisoo View Post
    Off-topic, where was Maks and Kirstie?
    They were sitting in the front row with Val and Hope. I guess they aren't boycotting the show tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama View Post
    Finally got through once for JR, then hit redial and twice I've gotten the message that this number is no longer in service.

I just voted 5 times - got right through - don't know if that's a good sign though

FORT Fogey

Hadn't Maks and Hope both tweeted that they were planning on being at the finale?

Also, while this is somewhat off-topic, I joked a week or so ago that the mixed voice choir I'm in could probably out sing the DWTS singers. I just found out what the theme for the spring concert (we just did the fall holiday concert this weekend) is music associated with the dance. Brahms' waltzes (classical week), Latin American rhythms (pretty much every week), and music about dancing featured in Broadway musicals (Broadway week). What's really funny is that the director doesn't watch DWTS, and she somehow recreated it--she even wants a local dance company to perform some numbers with us.

If Rob wins, we'll never hear the end of it from Ryan Seacrest (who happens to exec produce all the Kardashian shows).

We must NOT let this happen! Also it will make it quite awkward at the Thanksgiving table at the Hough house this year...
    karalott, JunkieGirl and ness like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    If Rob wins, we'll never hear the end of it from Ryan Seacrest (who happens to exec produce all the Kardashian shows).

We must NOT let this happen! Also it will make it quite awkward at the Thanksgiving table at the Hough house this year...
    I had this sudden image of all of the Hough mirror ball pieces having been turned into serving pieces for festive family occasions....

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Wonder if Mark will still run out and hoist someone on his shoulders regardless if it's Derek or not. I hope it isn't Rob who's way out in front and they're overscoring him to justify him winning. I guess we'll see how it goes tomorrow.

They were sitting in the front row with Val and Hope. I guess they aren't boycotting the show tomorrow!
    Val How I've missed him. Two weeks was too short. Hopefully he's around much longer next season (say, the final 2 along with his big brother? Bare chests optional but welcome). Hope's publicist did tweet that she would be there. Maks had mentioned she had personal matters to take care of, but even if she didn't show on her own accord, it probably wouldn't make the show look good after it came out they didn't let them do the normal press routine like the other ousted couples.
    Last edited by karalott; 11-21-2011 at 09:33 PM.
    TIA__MA likes this.

FORT Fogey

Mark will probably run up and hoist Derek on his shoulders even if he doesn't win, because he won't be able to understand how someone who isn't named Hough or Ballas could win.

Speaking of busy lines, I just had trouble accessing this board, because the site was too busy.
    karalott and Daisoo like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    Obviously J.R. is going to win, even if he sits on the floor all night while Karina picks her nose while hopping on one foot, so I'm mostly here to lend a voice to the underdogs.
    Imagine the eye-finger-foot coordination involved in that move; that would be TRULY awesome!! (Would that be a ballroom dance? Latin? hmmm, not sure)

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I saw Vincent Irizarry in the audience early in the show. No doubt there to cheer on JR.

I was rooting for JR but honestly his cha cha was not so great. I couldn't tell if his ankle was still bothering him or what but his mind didn't seem to be on his dance. He said later that he got ahead of the music and was trying to get back on track so I guess that's why he seemed distracted.

Somebody called me while the show was on so I watched his freestyle dance with the volume off. I'm glad he got good scores for that to keep him in the running.

I was very underwhelmed by Ricky's freestyle. Both the music and the choreography was lacking to me, such a difference from the great freestyle routines in previous seasons. I can't really comment on the other two freestyles since I was distracted while they were on.

+ Reply to Thread