+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021
Like Tree189Likes

Thread: 11/15 Results Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Re: 11/15 Results Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

They did a similar segment on Brooke for a results show last season. It showed her supervising her kids making breakfast as one daughter cooked sausages or something. I remember her making a point of letting us know that the questions she asks the dancers in the star tank are improvised, or fed to her live in her earpiece while they are shouting directions at her to wrap things up or hand it over to Tom. It didn't really draw any more sympathy from me for her.

Was it a retread of that segment, or was it new?
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

I can't stop watching the Derek/Anna dance on youtube. It makes me cry it is so beautiful. It also looks like both Bruno and Len were close to tears as well. Say what you will, but Derek is a masterful dancer. And Anna...there are no words for how good she is except to repeat the word, beautiful.
    Living and Fanny Mare like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    I can't stop watching the Derek/Anna dance on youtube. It makes me cry it is so beautiful. It also looks like both Bruno and Len were close to tears as well. Say what you will, but Derek is a masterful dancer. And Anna...there are no words for how good she is except to repeat the word, beautiful.
    I prefer Derek more in pro numbers than with a partner-in an element where he's not being judged. I think all the pros are amazing dancers, and I like when they're able to showcase what they can really do with a partner that can keep up and are equal. In thinking of dances, pro dances and demos are easily my favorites. I usually ignore the DAD, because (imo), they've been pretty bad. I mentioned earlier that there were only 2 I ever really liked and could watch again and again, but this is definitely a good one. I'm glad Anna is finally getting her due. I've loved her since she first joined the show back in season 2, and I'm glad she's become a regular fixture and was able to have that DAD opportunity. I did like that moment people mentioned where they scared the judges when it looked like they were going jump over them

RE: Brooke. Well, they re-used Carson invading the wardrobe department this week for filler. Maybe they're just out of ideas for filler in general. It wouldn't surprise me. Or, they're trying to help make Brooke look good and that she's not the spaced out incompetent co-host that we've come to know and laugh at. This season especially, where with season 10 and 11 they made a point of poking fun at the movie/TV theme weeks that were coming up (loved the segment with Bruno in the sequined and glitter hockey mask and his weapon-the mirrorball trophy, and Tony running through the halls screaming as 'Glambo), but this season, nothing. It's been the same stuff that we usually see every season anyway (how hard it is, a day in the life, how the celebs are getting along), but nothing fun mixed in. Even the whole 'man on the street' Carson did in interviewing audience members has been done before with Adam Carolla and Donny Osmond. Perhaps something else on their fix-it list for next season is to actually make their overstuffed results show and 2 hour performance shows when there's only 4 couples more interesting with filler.

FORT Fogey

In the same week he did an Argentine tango, samba and cha cha too. This guy is talented.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Living View Post
    In the same week he did an Argentine tango, samba and cha cha too. This guy is talented.
    Any of the pros left at that point could have danced all those dances in a week. They are professionals.
    karalott, VAgirl79 and jucamer like this.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by catzy View Post
    Any of the pros left at that point could have danced all those dances in a week. They are professionals.
    Before the troupe came along, I think a lot of them did. I know some of the pros spoke out about the troupe in a positive sense, that that was one less dance a week they had to worry about. Doing a dance with another professional is probably one thing, but having to teach an amateur (unless you get a ringer) 2-3 new dances on top of having to rehearse pro numbers...I can see why some of the pros are burned out at the end of the season. But they never stop going, even in the off season.

I have to agree 100%

+ Reply to Thread