+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021 LastLast
Like Tree189Likes

Thread: 11/15 Results Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Re: 11/15 Results Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    can we replace Brooke with Ms Piggy?
    Heck, Beaker would be better than Brooke.
    karalott and heartsaflutter like this.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    I'd be fine with Hope going out 4th if she didn't go out the way she did-and I blame part of that on the way the show treated it, just like they did with Ralph. They couldn't have made it more obvious they wanted her out, just like Ralph. Why? To ensure they get who they want in the finals and not who the fans want? It's becoming the same old song and dance, and eventually, viewers will tune out for good. Already the show is stale from the same choreography and songs, to the judges comments and playing favorites, to the edits the pros get and the types of partners they receive. The judges looked stone faced and grim when Hope finished her paso. They had the same expression when she finished her AT. CA called Maks out for supposedly smiling when he didn't. Then they get upset because Hope calls them out. The judges were mean to Chaz and Carson. I'll even say Len went too far telling Nancy it was her time to go.

Rob's improved with his footwork-I'll give him that. But his dances this week were not 10 worthy. CA has an obvious obsession, as she does with her favorite pros and other celebs she lusts after. His arms looked stiff and he only seemed to look good when he was in hold with Cheryl. His hips looked funny and stiff. And he has that same smile on his face every week during every dance. Most of the dances the judges have fallen down in shock over were him walking around and Cheryl dancing. It's like a repeat of last season, where they had to ensure Chelsea (sorry, Mark), made the finals, even if it meant taking out fan favorite Ralph. Hope may not be a Ralph type of favorite, but I don't blame her or Maks for their attitude or outburst. They were just saying what a lot of us are feeling. I don't see why the 3 stooges deserve respect or to be treated as a holy trio when they don't return it. But, until ratings decline even more (as 18 million isn't anything to cry about), nothing will be done. And the show will just find another Maks next season to ruffle the feathers and cause controversy.
    This comment nails one of the two reasons I have become disheartened with this show. The judges used to offer constructive critiques. Now they are just mean and pointless. And yet, when anyone comments back to them, they act like they are owed respect. I'm sorry, respect is a two way street and it is earned.

The other thing I can't stand is the blatant move by the show in the last two seasons to push their agenda. Last season they wanted Ralph out at F4, so we got the WTA cha cha. This season, they wanted Hope out, so we get the marathon cha cha and Rob just happens to take first? I get that stuff happens and I get that Rob has improved. But at the end of the day, this is a fan show and the finals should contain who the fans want to be there. I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I would rather have Bristol Palin in the finals, if that is what the fans want, then to have another season of this crap pulled in the semis by the show and the judges. I actually haven't watched the show in a few weeks - and I doubt I'm going to watch next week. I will root for JR, but then I think I'm done. Each season I hope it will be different - and it is, but it is only getting worse and going in the wrong direction. I don't enjoy it anymore.
    karalott, GabbyG, nanarama and 1 others like this.

FORT Newbie

I agree with everyone's assessment of the show--
    The judges have producer driven favorites...so Ralph was unfairly judged, picked apart until even he was aware of it and still handled himself graciously, and some like Kelly Osborne (and Bristol) was handled with kid gloves and favored...as is Rob.

The judges are SO OBVIOUS!
    For years, I have watched the show with my, now 90 year old, mother who LOVES the show because of her love for ballroom dancing...and you should hear the disdain she has developed for the judges....I wonder if the judges are getting tired of being told who to favor...and grumble all the way home when they have to say what goes against their grain (and smile while they are saying it!).

As for Brooke, lol, it seems more that it's the job (and possibly what she is told to say) that is so inane rather than the person. Many people didn't like her predecessor either. Maybe they should have someone like Carson in that spot so he could entertain us with the ridiculous questions as if he is making a big joke!!

Pardon my ignorance, but what is "WTA?"

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TIA__MA View Post
    Pardon my ignorance, but what is "WTA?"
    "Winner Take All" - which equals an invention by the judges to give their favorite team an additional 10 points, "just in case" the viewing public doesn't agree with them.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    "Winner Take All" - which equals an invention by the judges to give their favorite team an additional 10 points, "just in case" the viewing public doesn't agree with them.
    Oh, fer cryin' out loud...

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Actually, it was 15 points...that pretty much kicked out Ralph and ensured Mark in the finals. They must have been pretty confident in getting Hope out this week if they only did a relay dance. I feel like this show makes up it's own rules as it goes along. I remember our own SDL (R.I.P.), who I used to chat with via private message, and he shed some light about the show throwing away what they considered dirty votes and celebs having it in their contracts that they make it to a certain point...he wasn't 100% sure about the last part, but it'd make a lot of sense. Either that, or the show pretty much figures out who's getting what story line and makes sure they finish where said story line would take them if it were true, and they weren't just a judges favorite.

You didn't watch last season, right TIA_MA?

Nope.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    Actually, it was 15 points...
    That's what I get for trying to answer a question on the fly . . . old people can't remember squat!

Quote Originally Posted by Dahlia97 View Post
    I agree with everyone's assessment of the show--
    The judges have producer driven favorites...so Ralph was unfairly judged, picked apart until even he was aware of it and still handled himself graciously, and some like Kelly Osborne (and Bristol) was handled with kid gloves and favored...as is Rob.

The judges are SO OBVIOUS!
    For years, I have watched the show with my, now 90 year old, mother who LOVES the show because of her love for ballroom dancing...and you should hear the disdain she has developed for the judges....I wonder if the judges are getting tired of being told who to favor...and grumble all the way home when they have to say what goes against their grain (and smile while they are saying it!).

As for Brooke, lol, it seems more that it's the job (and possibly what she is told to say) that is so inane rather than the person. Many people didn't like her predecessor either. Maybe they should have someone like Carson in that spot so he could entertain us with the ridiculous questions as if he is making a big joke!!

On the bolded part, this morning I saw a segment on GMA about Brooke and DWTS. It showed all she had to do before the night of the show, including taking care of her children, blah blah blah, and rehearsing the notes on what she was asked to say that evening. I took it as she had nothing to do with the questions she asked. Of course, someone like Carson, could be given the same notes, still do them as asked, but, because of his personality, could make it all his own and entertaining!
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

+ Reply to Thread