+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021 LastLast
Like Tree189Likes

Thread: 11/15 Results Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: 11/15 Results Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Bet2Win View Post
    Len told CA that Maks "just got his head behind her like that" and then put his head behind CA showing her and again saying he was just putting his head behind her like that.
    The judges seemed offended, but come on, Hope/Maks knew what was coming. True, they've been a lot meaner this season, but they couldn't even look happy and excited and sounded interested. Look at the different reaction CA had for her favorites. I thought it was kind of funny that they seemed upset that Maks dared smirk (or what CA saw as a smirk that really wasn't) and then after the fact that Maks wasn't listening. Why should he? He basically showed what a load of crock the judging is. My bigger fear is, Maks knew this was his last season, but the show won't think there's anything wrong with the judging or fixing the results, and it'll just stay as it. And we'll be here next season (maybe) having this same conversation
    TIA__MA and Bet2Win like this.

Kirstie tweeted this to Maks:
    kirstiealleyKirstie Alley

"When one door closes and hits you in the ass..It just sends you flying through the next one...A bigger, better one....wheels up!!"

I guess it could mean a lot of things, but one of those would be Maks no longer being on the show - possibly not of his own choice. Maybe his backstage comment about CA was the final straw?

Okay, I understand all the hype about the judges making inappropiate comments and using insulting names, however, in the end, where did Hope and Maks deserve to be? IMO they were properly ranked as 4th. Hope is not as good as Rob, J.R. and Riki, so what's the big deal about going home as 4th place if that is where you deserve to be?
    maude~flanders and Fanny Mare like this.

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama View Post

"When one door closes and hits you in the ass..It just sends you flying through the next one...A bigger, better one....wheels up!!"

I guess it could mean a lot of things, but one of those would be Maks no longer being on the show - possibly not of his own choice. Maybe his backstage comment about CA was the final straw?

The thing is, if Maks was intent on staying for next season, he wouldn't have said that about CA backstage. He wasn't going to return this season, but was given concessions to stay ... Val being on for one. I think the ratings being down, Tom talking about going to 1 season per year, the caliber of the stars, and the treatment of the pros and stars by the judges made it an easier decision for him this season to walk away.

If he goes, and CA stays, then DWTS has really jumped the shark. There's a thread on the mother board entitled "hope at the olympics next year-little robbie sitting on the couch" ... too funny.
    TIA__MA likes this.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama View Post

Hopefully she just means it closed for the season Oh well, I have 3 months to worry about being Chmerkovskiy-less Really, the pros don't make or break the show for me, but having Derek and Mark back, along with Cheryl, and bringing in Dmitry...yeah, Tony, Louis, Chelsie, Anna, and Tristan better be there and be the last 5 pros standing. It'll be a snooze if Cheryl, Derek, and Mark make it that far again. And Dmitry's nice, but he puts me to sleep. Plus, one more boy toy for CA to drool over.

Maks reportedly wasn't going to return this season, but only did because of Val. He may have known coming in that this was his last season, and maybe the show was ticked, hence the overly negative edit and letting him run loose with his comments while propping the judges up as victims. If it ever came out or even hinted that CA was the reason Maks leaves, I'll really question a lot of things about this show. Back during season 7, Maks said there were people behind the scenes trying to change the dynamic of the show from being purely about ballroom to more "flash and trash", and CA was said to be one of those people. Love that about Hope going to the Olympics and Rob going back to his couch
    Last edited by karalott; 11-16-2011 at 03:15 PM.

In one sense the judges make "entertaining" comments because first and foremost DWTS is an entertainment program not a "real" dance competition. Half the reason I tune in is to listen to Bruno's descriptive pieces of word art about each dance and dancer. Len I depend on as the old salt who really knows what he is talking about. Carrie Ann as far as I am concerned is replacable. If they fire her maybe she and Rob Kardashian can find a closet and she can demonstrate her love of his bum.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Okay, I understand all the hype about the judges making inappropiate comments and using insulting names, however, in the end, where did Hope and Maks deserve to be? IMO they were properly ranked as 4th. Hope is not as good as Rob, J.R. and Riki, so what's the big deal about going home as 4th place if that is where you deserve to be?
    For one, I don't think Rob is better than Hope ... and certainly not better than JR or Ricki, yet he placed in the semi's in scoring above JR.

They inflated his scores to ensure his place in the finals. Why even have audience voting if the placement is manipulated by the judges? Therein lies the crux of the audience disapproval of the judges. Plus, the obvious favoritism all season, and inconsistant criteria for the scoring.
    Moontat and Bronwyn like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I think she should have been sent home long before 4th. Rob is way way better than her, but so were others David for one
    maude~flanders likes this.

You know this is my opinion about the judges:

1. Len is the most reasonable one and sometimes I do feel he is harped on too much by fans. Having said that he's been out of character this season. I think he just needs to sit back and relax and remember that he does have to factor in some reactions are not him personally, but the comments (especially nitpicking ones). I want him to stay, but just try to not eat so much Sour Patch Kids right now. He needs to switch to Jelly Babies (a British sweet, and yes are good).

2. Bruno? - he's overall harmless. His problem is he needs to self edit sometimes in his descriptions of things, which if he is confused how to phrase things, he can get a language converter and type it out to speak later (saved me many times with roomates from Asia while in college ). He does still have a few good notes here and there so if he'd work hard to push those out and tone down - even if slightly, the flamboyancy (This BTW is just because he overkills and uses flowery language, not sexually orientated ), I'd be OK with him.

3. Carrie Ann - sorry, but she does need to go. Gives very rare critiques, tends to critique things that aren't there (liftgate with Jane Seymour onward), shows blatant favoritism, and honestly is ugly to some people just to be ugly IMHO. When Hope was trying she'd go and try to find something else to put Hope down. Then of course the smile bit with Maks - so what? Smiles can also be because he tried to stop a sneeze, he heard a comment in the audience that was funny, he's about to faint (Osmond complex, though thankfully not), etc. She took that way too personally.

Out of the three, Carrie Ann is the only one that has no question needs to head out. Heck, even Brooke - stilted as she is, does at least attempt to do her job and tends to try and show no favoritism. I don't feel that with Carrie Ann.

I'd say - Statler and Waldorf for that third spot. They may be old codgers, but they are funny in their insults. They never mean malice either - they'll say things are good too - even with a punchline afterward.

(Yes a joke - though I love the duo. But they would be a marked improvement).
    Fanny Mare likes this.

FORT Fanatic

I haven't watched this show for several seasons, and the way the scoring was done on Monday is the biggest reason I don't watch anymore. When it gets to this point in the season, the judges have already made up their mind who they want in finals, and who they want to win, and they will do whatever it takes to get that result, including scoring in such a way, that it makes viewers votes irrelevant. People are wasting their time voting, IMO. They manipulated things in such a way to make sure Nicole and Derek won their season, and that's the last time I bothered voting on this show. I held on and watched the season after they won, but I don't waste my time anymore. If I want to see someone's performance, I watch a video, and that's as far as I'm willing to go to support this joke of a show anymore.
    Florimel likes this.

+ Reply to Thread