+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021 LastLast
Like Tree189Likes

Thread: 11/15 Results Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Re: 11/15 Results Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

I have held back on liking Rob because he used to dance like his feet were concrete blocks AND I despise his family, but I will admit that he has come a long way. He was down right sexy this week! If he keeps this up, I think he may win it. It's not that I mind him winning, but it's all the media that his family will eat up and make money on. It just gives them one more thing to put them in the spotlight.

Rob, get as far away from those liars and fame lovers as possible. You seem like you could do well. Run from Kris Jenner and if you win, PLEASE do not let that woman on the stage to gloat.
    Shoepie and Fanny Mare like this.

FORT Fogey

Rob appears to be the most real and likable of that clan.....I am amazed at how far he has come. I LOVED that he said several times" I love to dance" like he finally did find something that was important to him
    Shoepie, Debb70 and Fanny Mare like this.

Culminating in last night's show, I'm pretty bummed about this whole season. CA has never been my favorite, but I've actually defended her in the past. Now I have to agree with whoever said up-thread that she's like a "mean girl." I also think she has an inflated idea of what a judge actually is. "Spanking Maks," hugging contestants she deems worthy, and getting so upset with what she construed as Maks not respecting her make her seem more as though she feels she's some sort of "God" rather than a judge (who used to be a back-up dancer) on a cheesy reality show.
    The fact that Maks and Hope aren't doing any press (that I can see) isn't a good sign. I have on occasion disliked Maks for what he has said but in this case I think he was dead on. I just wouldn't be surprised if this is his last season on the show.
    karalott, Minney, Shoepie and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama View Post
    Culminating in last night's show, I'm pretty bummed about this whole season. CA has never been my favorite, but I've actually defended her in the past. Now I have to agree with whoever said up-thread that she's like a "mean girl." I also think she has an inflated idea of what a judge actually is. "Spanking Maks," hugging contestants she deems worthy, and getting so upset with what she construed as Maks not respecting her make her seem more as though she feels she's some sort of "God" rather than a judge (who used to be a back-up dancer) on a cheesy reality show.
    The fact that Maks and Hope aren't doing any press (that I can see) isn't a good sign. I have on occasion disliked Maks for what he has said but in this case I think he was dead on. I just wouldn't be surprised if this is his last season on the show.
    To some extent, all of the judges have been disrespectful to the celebrity contestants this season. Bruno calling Chaz various animal names, Len accusing Hope of not rehearsing (although in his defense, he was also saying he felt she could be in the finals, so perhaps he was trying to encourage her to try harder, but was critical rather than inspiring), and there's too many to list for CA.

The "stars", and I use that term loosely, are trying to do something they have never done before, and are on there only because of their notoriety. They should be treated with respect for even having entered the arena, and the judges should stick to the technique warbles, leave out the personal insults, and refrain from scoring a dance based on their personal favoritism.

Their scoring the semi's was so blatant in who they wanted through, rather than who the voting audience wanted through. The ridiculousness of it all was that it was probably Hope's last dance regardless of the scores, but the judges didn't want to take that chance so they inflated Rob's scores. Cheryl's choreography for him wasn't challenging, so yes, he improved the steps that he has been repeating all season. At least Maks tried to up their choreography.
    karalott, Shoepie, TIA__MA and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bet2Win View Post
    Finally watching the show ... at least Len told CA that Maks didn't do anything, but then he had to add that they were nice. Alrighty then.

CA is truly the one that needs to go home.
    Can you tell me exactly what Len said to Carrie? I couldn't tell what he meant and thought that Len was actually agreeing with Carrie. If that is not the case, then good for Len.

I also think that ABC decided to "censor" Hope and Maks by pulling them off Jimmy Kimmel and GMA, and they tried their best to keep it short when talking to Hope and Maks after their elimination last night. I can't even remember if they did a montage for them like the other "stars" who left the show. And, I also wonder when ABC decided to change things up and put the final three on those shows instead? My tv schedule also listed that the eliminated couple would be on Jimmy Kimmel last night, so I hope that Maks will answer that question on Twitter about what went down at the last minute and that he won't hold anything back.

I do think that it is conceivable that DWTS does tinker with the voting to ensure that certain people make it to the end - and maybe even win. I personally want for JR to win the competition, and maybe the people who used to vote for Hope and Maks will give their votes to him now. With his ankle injury, though, it will be difficult to make it through 4 dances next week. I just hope that he and Karina can perform well enough at least to make it to the final two.

I also wanted to add something here. Hope was upset that her first dance was scored all 7's - the same as her score the first week of the competition. I know that a lot of the complaints this season have been for how high the judges scored some of the worst dancers, and that in turn influenced the scoring for some of the better dancers. I may be wrong, but I don't rememer anyone getting less than a "6" - even Chaz, who was NOT a good dancer. By the judges starting out scoring so high, it changed up the whole competition this year. They all were so close together that you couldn't tell them apart (and I mean by the scores).
    Last edited by Longhornfan; 11-16-2011 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan View Post
    I also think that ABC decided to "censor" Hope and Maks by pulling them off Jimmy Kimmel and GMA, and they tried their best to keep it short when talking to Hope and Maks after their elimination last night. I can't even remember if they did a montage for them like the other "stars" who left the show. And, I also wonder when ABC decided to change things up and put the final three on those shows instead? My tv schedule also listed that the eliminated couple would be on Jimmy Kimmel last night, so I hope that Maks will answer that question on Twitter about what went down at the last minute and that he won't hold anything back.
    I found this online: Dancing With The Stars 2011: Hope Solo refuses to do interviews after elimination | Mail Online
    Last edited by Arielflies; 11-16-2011 at 06:51 PM.

How credible is that article though?
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2 View Post
    How credible is that article though?
    I'm not saying it is. How credible is anything online especially related to entertainment news? MSNBC had their own blurb: The Clicker - Did Carrie Ann take a parting shot at Maks and Hope after 'DWTS'?

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan View Post
    Can you tell me exactly what Len said to Carrie? I couldn't tell what he meant and thought that Len was actually agreeing with Carrie. If that is not the case, then good for Len.

Len told CA that Maks "just got his head behind her like that" and then put his head behind CA showing her and again saying he was just putting his head behind her like that.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

What I noticed was how carefully Karina and Maks avoided each other during the "hugging and mugging" at the end of the show.

When others mentioned how she reached out for Maks' hand as they were talking about how some pros had never won, I thought she was reaching behind to grab JR - it never looked like she was trying to reach Maks to me. I guess are still some powerfully hurt feelings between the two of them. I hope they both find the happiness with others that they didn't find together.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

+ Reply to Thread