+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021 LastLast
Like Tree189Likes

Thread: 11/15 Results Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Re: 11/15 Results Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by zookeepertx View Post
    But, can TPTB on DWTS control Kimmel's show?
    I'm guessing the producers can be in cahoots with others within the ABC organization. I just turned on Good Morning America because Hope and Maks were scheduled to be on it like the next castoffs were scheduled to be on Jimmy Kimmel Live and imagine my surprise to see that the three finalists are now going to be on it instead.

Everyone has pretty much said what I would have said.

But I am going to vote for JR like crazy next week. He is the one I'm pulling for. And I would rather Rob be #2 than Ricki.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    He's a Kardashian, and that life is all he has going for him in terms of being any sort of "star". I doubt Jimmy would care to ask Rob about his time at USC and what his plans are for the future and how this changed him. Late night hasn't been poking fun at Kim's joke of a wedding and marriage for nothing.
    <whispers> USC reference - do a shot!

I, too, have wondered no matter where Rob finishes at this point, what is he going to do after the show is over. It's not like he has a career to go back to.
    Debb70 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    5. Anyone notice that Hope seemed to do a fist pump when she and Maks were listed in jeopardy? I mean - it honestly looked like she was celebrating that note. Kinda odd, but I can't blame her.
    I didn't take it as odd. I took it as everyone could see the writing on the wall heading into last night, including Hope, that it would have been a shocker if she hadn't been in jeopardy.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    Back to tonight, J.R. tweeted he'll be on GMA tomorrow. I wonder if Hope/Maks just decided to blow off the interviews (which I didn't think they could), or if the show put the hammer down on it. If J.R. loses, I hope a riot breaks out, or they have to bring out canned applause and cheers for whoever wins. I won't be surprised if Ricki or Rob win, because they certainly set the "dark horse" up there and gave Ricki a come back. Now, J.R.'s paso didn't deserve high scores, but his AT was a lot better than Ricki and Rob's. I'm betting they're planning a "surprise" outcome. I think this show needs major work. Not a new stage and more themes, but actual work in terms of the judges and Brooke.
    That's why since this show has no credibility as a competition at this point (if it ever did this season) that everyone should vote for J.R. once the show starts even if he trips and takes a header.

Quote Originally Posted by VAgirl79 View Post
    It's not a matter of shopping for votes that has me or others upset-- It's blatantly lying to a bunch of lovesick tweens, making them think they have a chance at talking to their hero (for whatever reason on Earth that kid is a hero to anyone...), only to instead hear "Thank you for voting for Rob & Cheryl."

It's dishonest and shady at best, and typical of the behavior of that family.
    Yes, that wasn't good.But she did it once, that doesn't keep him all this time. I have family members that are dishonest. that doesn't make me so.
    WTG Rob!

I really haven't been watching this season that much and while I watched the first 2 episodes or so, I did catch part of the results show last night and even I have to say, WOW, what happened to Rob Kardashian. He was terrible day one with Cheryl complaining about his lack of work ethic. I saw the Argentine Tango Monday night and actually did see Rob actually dancing one or two times. He does tend to clog hop alot though. While Cheryl really does make her partner look good, alot of the score does belong to Cheryl. Anyway I didn't get the scoring. But last night I watched Rob do the Samba and was amazed. He did a great job. He has improved a 1000% from his day one performance. But did it really deserve a 10. Nines I could see but 10's? Maybe the judges have a different standard for each performer. That would explain a lot.

Did see Ricku's Argentine Tango with Derek and was surprised that Derek supressed himself and did not overwhelm his partner. I have to say he choerographed a great dance and Ricki did it justice. Ricki is also another performer who has embraced the training and has done well this season.

Poor JR I hope he can get over his injuries for the freestyle. I have a feeling that DWTS is becoming a lot like American Idol where the female fan base makes it hard for the female performers to last any length of time and they vote for guys they like instead of who actually dances the best but defend their actions somehow because they like the guy that means he dances great.

I do agree with a comment Tom Bergeron said about it might be a good idea to have DWTS's on once a year to refresh the show and to keep it an event instead of oversaturation.

PS: Here is a thought, with Brad Pitt saying he will retire in 3 years I would love to see him on the show.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Maybe the judges have a different standard for each performer. That would explain a lot.
    But there shouldn't be - there should be one standard and everyone gets scored against it, meaning lower scores for those that, frankly, deserved it. That's been the problem all season.

FWIW, someone tweeted Maks and asked "R U 2 going 2 be doing any media interviews this week? Will U plz tweet 2 ur fans & let us know. Why no Kimmel ,GMA? :-("

We'll see if he responds. I'm curious too.

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton View Post
    Rob and JR to me are right up there with all the males that have won the show. Like him or not Rob is doing a fantastic job at learning to dance. His lines are beautiful and he is very light on his feet. I am sick as everyone is over Kardashian, but he is not annoying me like the rest of them do, and if it was not for his mother in the audience all the time, I would forget he was one.

Ricki is not a good dancer to me. I agree with above that in this season she is arguably one of the better ones, but that is not saying much. Derek outdances his partners as much as Mark does. They are both good dancers, but they forget they are supposed to be putting the focus on their stars not themselves. With Derek winning the Design a Dance every single season it is clear that the young girls are just too smitten to take him in a realistic light. I do not get it he is a decent looking boy, but I fail to see what makes him so fawn worthy.

I want both Cheryl and Derek to take next season off or have real clunkers. Yes I know Cheryl has had her share with Wayne and Tom, but I am just over her. Derek deserves a Kate, it is time. I think the producers fear that will bring his equal to other pros dancing ability into light, and they are afraid to take their perceived star down a few notches.

I am ready for Tristan to get a good partner, and hopefully some more new pros. The choreography for me is getting stale because we know which dances these pros favor, and the dances season after season are starting to feel too similar.

Len is the only judge that should stay. The other two are not doing a good job, and are actually distracting to the show and its format. Brooke also needs to go, and have someone capable of interviewing do the backstage cohost stuff. I could easily see Ricki, Drew, Carson, or someone else capable of doing a live on the spot interview. I feel for Brooke because you can see the attempt lately on her part, but she really just is not good, and is not the right fit. However, for everyone to be claiming Samantha was any better is forgetting she was awful as well. ABC hires for looks way too much.
    I have agreed with this sentiment for a long time. I think Derek is a great dancer and great choreographer, but I think if he got a real clunker and made a dancer out of her, it would silence a lot of his critics. Here's the concern I have with this, though. Imagine if Derek did get a Kate Gosselin. Now imagine we are all right and Derek has legions and legions of loyal fans who will vote for ANYONE he dances with! I guess I never thought of this side of it before - but oh God, if he were to get a Kate Gosselin AND make it to the finals with her, because his fans love him? Talk about a final NO ONE would want to watch.
    Moontat likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    I have agreed with this sentiment for a long time. I think Derek is a great dancer and great choreographer, but I think if he got a real clunker and made a dancer out of her, it would silence a lot of his critics. Here's the concern I have with this, though. Imagine if Derek did get a Kate Gosselin. Now imagine we are all right and Derek has legions and legions of loyal fans who will vote for ANYONE he dances with! I guess I never thought of this side of it before - but oh God, if he were to get a Kate Gosselin AND make it to the finals with her, because his fans love him? Talk about a final NO ONE would want to watch.
    I would watch, I love Derek.Just like Maks fan watched him with his clunker and voted for hm
    fireflyer likes this.

+ Reply to Thread