+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021 LastLast
Like Tree189Likes

Thread: 11/15 Results Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Re: 11/15 Results Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

lol if that's what is called dishonesty in today's society with some of the shade our politicians cast. wow. Its a contest and nothing more than a popularity contest at that. If are kids are so silly to fall for something like that, then education is what they need,not watching DWTS. I am still not sure as my grandma used to say "has that got to do with the price of beans?" Rob is the one on the show and if it was an issue then something would have been done about it. I guess whatever Rob does he will always be guilty no matter what.
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    See, that was phenomenal. That's what I tune in for, not just for the celebrities. After such a season of ho-hum performances, it's like water in the desert to see a hot dance like that!
    I just watched it, ran over to find it on you tube and add it to my favorites. Hooray for Dance! I loved it! Go Anna and Go Derek!
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    lol if that's what is called dishonesty in today's society with some of the shade our politicians cast. wow. Its a contest and nothing more than a popularity contest at that. If are kids are so silly to fall for something like that, then education is what they need,not watching DWTS. I am still not sure as my grandma used to say "has that got to do with the price of beans?" Rob is the one on the show and if it was an issue then something would have been done about it. I guess whatever Rob does he will always be guilty no matter what.
    Yeah I don't understand the hate around Rob maybe because of his family? Granted, I didn't like the way how his sister lied about getting votes for him...
    For some reason, I don't like Cheryl this year, I just hope Rob will get second and J.R. will get first! That would be nice
    MsDiva2007 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    Diva... I haven't and others (not all but others) haven't said that it's Rob's fault here.

I personally don't see him as a good dancer, and I don't like his family pulling cheap stunts like that to keep him on. That said, given there are currently a lot of petitions being circulated to remove the Kardashians from tv anyway, I'm not surprised with the controversy.

I in fact haven't voted for him for the fact he's not a good dancer - even if I find it disgusting his family is trying to help out using a cheap tactic, I wouldn't vote him down for that. Out of the final three, he's not the best dancer. He should go out at third.
    jucamer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    Well, that explains a lot. I wonder if the judges make comments to the other pros/celebs standing up at the table before their dance not to screw it up. Seems like they were coaching.
    Oh, I really didn't gat that vibe from it. It looked to me like Len was messing with Derek's costume, trying to distract him in a taunting kind of way, the way opposing fans banter and wave their hands when the opposition shoots a free-throw. I think Len was trying to taunt Derek, make him break character. Messin' with him.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer View Post
    Oh, I really didn't gat that vibe from it. It looked to me like Len was messing with Derek's costume, trying to distract him in a taunting kind of way, the way opposing fans banter and wave their hands when the opposition shoots a free-throw. I think Len was trying to taunt Derek, make him break character. Messin' with him.
    I was half kidding when I made that remark. I know a lot of couples start their dances at the judges table, so I would think while they were waiting, they probably do chat with each other (I wonder if this is why Maks doesn't use the table as much as a prop). It would have been funny for Len to pull something like 'your fly is undone' right before he was supposed to dance. While I do disagree with Len sometimes, and haven't thought too much of him this season, I still think he's the fairest judge of the 3 stooges, and I respect his opinion. I think his scores and what he has to offer are more meaningful than the spiteful little teenage wannabe (she really does remind me of that mean girl in high school), or Bruno, who most times I can't even understand what he's trying to say. Maybe that's why no one ever fights with him I wish there was a way the judges could still judge but not see who they're judging-just look at the feet, or the hips, and not know before they give comments and scores who it is critiquing. Impossible, I know, but that's why I think changing pros from week to week might show the bias even more (and how much a pros fanbase really counts for their particular partner). I have my doubts Ricki would still be here if it weren't for Derek's fans, and I know Cheryl is popular, so I wouldn't be surprised if Rob was helped by her (though his family alone probably brought in enough votes that he could have been partnered with a broom). I know it's not just related to those two, and Cheryl's obviously been gone early-mid season in the last few seasons.

I just hope the producers watch this season and make changes. The show needs them, because it's stale, but they always seem to fix what isn't broken, and make what is broken even worse. I had thought we'd see changes after the uproar of season 11, but all the show seemed to do was say you had to register your e-mail early and have it verified. I guess to counter the idea that you could stuff the ballot box with e-mail votes. I say they do away with e-mail voting and just leave it to texting and phone lines. Four dances next week, and we get the judges each 'helping' one couple. Whatever they actually do to help. I wonder which one of her pets CA will get. Changing the judging line up helped AI somewhat. I think it'd do the show a world of good to do that, or add a voice of actual ballroom knowledge that would resort to petty grudges and outbursts and get involved in the drama. The producers once said they make sure the pros know they can replace them at the drop of a hat, maybe they need to let the judges feel the heat. Since Len and Bruno also work on Strictly, which is also owned by BBC, I wonder if it's in their contract that they have to stay as a figure on this show. I could deal with those 2 and Tom. But I'm still voting for the Muppets if we can't get Carson to fill in for Brooke and just sack CA. Louis said he'd love to judge. Even though he's friends with all of the pros, he'd probably still be unbiased.
    Last edited by karalott; 11-16-2011 at 04:04 AM.

FORT Fogey

I adore Rob. I only know him through this show and I find him to be a very likeable person and we watched him learn to dance. He came on with no skills and made the final 3. That is a huge accomplishment!
    Arielflies and Fanny Mare like this.

^re: Ricki and Derek's fans, I have to take issue. Ricki is in the finals because, compared to the rest of the stars, she honestly was one of the best dancers this season. Let's face it, no matter how much fault you can find with her, who consistently danced better than her this season? J.R., and who else? If Derek danced around her, whose pro didn't dance around them?

If Derek's fans helped her make the finals, then it was a case of an injustice being prevented, because she earned her spot. She may not have made it in a different season, but this is the season she's in. Nobody was terribly good this year, in fact J.R.'s dancing would barely have stood out in say, season 3 or 8 or 10. I enjoyed Ricki's and J.R.'s dancing because they came closest to something that looked like real couples dancing, as opposed to a pro dragging a star around the floor. Too bad Chynna didn't get more time to develop...
    justCoz and Fanny Mare like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fogey

Rob and JR to me are right up there with all the males that have won the show. Like him or not Rob is doing a fantastic job at learning to dance. His lines are beautiful and he is very light on his feet. I am sick as everyone is over Kardashian, but he is not annoying me like the rest of them do, and if it was not for his mother in the audience all the time, I would forget he was one.

Ricki is not a good dancer to me. I agree with above that in this season she is arguably one of the better ones, but that is not saying much. Derek outdances his partners as much as Mark does. They are both good dancers, but they forget they are supposed to be putting the focus on their stars not themselves. With Derek winning the Design a Dance every single season it is clear that the young girls are just too smitten to take him in a realistic light. I do not get it he is a decent looking boy, but I fail to see what makes him so fawn worthy.

I want both Cheryl and Derek to take next season off or have real clunkers. Yes I know Cheryl has had her share with Wayne and Tom, but I am just over her. Derek deserves a Kate, it is time. I think the producers fear that will bring his equal to other pros dancing ability into light, and they are afraid to take their perceived star down a few notches.

I am ready for Tristan to get a good partner, and hopefully some more new pros. The choreography for me is getting stale because we know which dances these pros favor, and the dances season after season are starting to feel too similar.

Len is the only judge that should stay. The other two are not doing a good job, and are actually distracting to the show and its format. Brooke also needs to go, and have someone capable of interviewing do the backstage cohost stuff. I could easily see Ricki, Drew, Carson, or someone else capable of doing a live on the spot interview. I feel for Brooke because you can see the attempt lately on her part, but she really just is not good, and is not the right fit. However, for everyone to be claiming Samantha was any better is forgetting she was awful as well. ABC hires for looks way too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Bet2Win View Post
    Well dang ... not that I didn't know what was coming, but truly, I only watch this show to see Maks (everyone I know that watches it only watches it to see Maks as well).

CA is an idiot; Brooke is an idiot, Bruno ... well it goes without saying.

So I learned today that Derek worked for Bruno prior to DWTS, so of course it makes sense now why he is the golden one. I appreciate Derek's dancing, I just don't agree that he is the best pro on the show. I also learned today that CA met her fiance on E Harmony ... that just cracked me up.I am hoping that TPTB read what the general public has to say about CA, and just boot her bum.

I hope the ratings for the finale plummet.
    That cracks me up too. E Harmony is a Christian based singles site....I will not go there about CA...
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

+ Reply to Thread