+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast
Like Tree189Likes

Thread: 11/15 Results Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: 11/15 Results Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    Rob was on dancing with the stars not this is your life. The discussion should be about his experience on the show just like everyone else. Its not lets pick on a Kardashian or any other celebrity on the show and their families. Poor Rob how dare he have a famous family with money. smh. Poor kid he could create a cure for cancer and the world would still find a way to use his name as sword to slay him with
    It should be, and it should be about the dancing, and the pros shouldn't be brought into any sort of equation when it comes to judging and voting...but that would be an ideal situation, and unfortuantely, that's not the way the show is anymore. Which is why I think cleaning house of everyone except Tom would do it a world of good. Rob's famous for being a Kardashian, and nothing else, and I'd say that his sisters have more claim to fame than he does. Had I never watched the show, I would have never known their was a brother. Late night hosts and journalists go after the story, and it happens to be Rob's family, not Rob. I doubt anyone would care to interview him and ask about his life experiences. But if he could find a cure for cancer, he'd earn my respect. We'll see where the Kardashians are in 5 years and whether they blew through their millions.

Back to tonight, J.R. tweeted he'll be on GMA tomorrow. I wonder if Hope/Maks just decided to blow off the interviews (which I didn't think they could), or if the show put the hammer down on it. If J.R. loses, I hope a riot breaks out, or they have to bring out canned applause and cheers for whoever wins. I won't be surprised if Ricki or Rob win, because they certainly set the "dark horse" up there and gave Ricki a come back. Now, J.R.'s paso didn't deserve high scores, but his AT was a lot better than Ricki and Rob's. I'm betting they're planning a "surprise" outcome. I think this show needs major work. Not a new stage and more themes, but actual work in terms of the judges and Brooke.
    Moontat and VAgirl79 like this.

Rob was on dancing with the stars not this is your life. The discussion should be about his experience on the show just like everyone else. Its not lets pick on a Kardashian or any other celebrity on the show and their families. Poor Rob how dare he have a famous family with money. smh. Poor kid he could create a cure for cancer and the world would still find a way to use his name as sword to slay him with
    Honestly, he could be the Queen Mother's long lost son from Skaro, Gallifrey. I don't care for his dancing myself, and think he really has been very lucky to even make the finals. I do think though his family pulling things such as the Bieber phone number trick have been below the belt - would ANY dancer if they did.
    karalott, TIA__MA, Moontat and 2 others like this.

Now why should he have to answer questions on what is family has done?smh
    Honestly, for the exact same reason Bristol had to answer questions about her family. She was cast on the show because of who her mother was, and Rob was cast on the show because of who his family is. Which is frankly one reason among many why I wish those types of people would never be on this show in the first place. They are not famous outside of their family.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I wouldnt watch, I am not being clever or funny.But, if I were truly that frustrated, I wouldnt watch. I love dancing, I think Mark( who is not a judges fave Len doesn't like what he does) is very talented, and Tristan is not bad.I cannot stand Maks, I think he's an arrogant P. But I understand he has fans. if I dare mention Derek, oh he's the Golden boy.Well he's also one hell of a dancer and and choreography.He was missed last year, by me and many others.The show was inundated with where is he? I know I joined an email group to have him back.I really dont think Maks and Hope were good together from the start, she was very a poor sport( no pun intended) and a very poor loser,she didnt look like she wanted to be there, and the way he spoke to her was awful. The only time she smiled, was when Maks was ill and one of the troupe taught her, and also Derek showed her, she seemed more relaxed, it was almost as if Maks taught her to hate the judges and for what? judging? thats all they had in common in the end, to be smart asses to the judges, they are not going anywhere.Hope is.
    As someone who has suffered through ABC's stupidity with other shows for years (see the hack job they did/are doing to the soaps), I'm not really the type to give up on a show I once loved just because they try to run me off. There is no guarantee judges are forever, IMO. If there is enough backlash about them and the ratings keep falling, changes will happen. If it happened to AI, it can happen to this show. We will just have to agree to disagree on Hope & Maks. Incidentally, Maks is actually not one of my favorite pros; I like him sometimes and dislike him sometimes. I happened to agree with him this go 'round because the bias has gotten to a point where it is beyond obvious.

I've seen most of these pros dance in person, back when they did the tour. So I know that both Mark and Derek are great dancers. However, the show has become about bending over backwards to cater to Derek for some very strange reason. They will overlook his hamming it up, overlook "messing about" as Len calls it, and overlook the mistakes his partner makes. If they do point any of it out, it is still scored more generously than it should be, in comparison to other dancers. Mark gets the same benefit, to a lesser extent at times (see: the fawning over Chelsea last season and the WTA dance). Cheryl gets some preferential treatment as well at times.

Derek left of his own accord last season, and he or Mark leaving the show permanently would affect it no more than Julianne (my all time fave pro) leaving, IMO. Because, at the end of the day, there will always be someone else to take their place, just like last season. Ditto for the judges. The only person on this show truly irreplaceable is Tom.

Did anyone else notice CA's smirk when Tom and Brooke were talking after M/H were announced as in jeopardy the first time? She was clapping and then towards the end, one side of her mouth curled up like the Grinch.

I am glad that Maks and Hope began to repair their relationship.

Bye, Maks, for the time being. I will miss you until the spring, when I fully expect you to return to my TV.

ETF Freudian typo.
    Last edited by anemone; 11-16-2011 at 12:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    Honestly, he could be the Queen Mother's long lost son from Skaro, Gallifrey. I don't care for his dancing myself, and think he really has been very lucky to even make the finals. I do think though his family pulling things such as the Bieber phone number trick have been below the belt - would ANY dancer if they did.
    show me a celeb on this show that did not go vote shopping? Nancy did a half hour every friday on her show and gave out the number to vote for her and tristan. We know Cher did her tweets for Chaz. Nothing different. Apparently Rob is not allowed to do the same thing as the other celebs. smh
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

show me a celeb on this show that did not go vote shopping? Nancy did a half hour every friday on her show and gave out the number to vote for her and tristan. We know Cher did her tweets for Chaz. Nothing different. Apparently Rob is not allowed to do the same thing as the other celebs. smh
    It's not a matter of shopping for votes that has me or others upset-- It's blatantly lying to a bunch of lovesick tweens, making them think they have a chance at talking to their hero (for whatever reason on Earth that kid is a hero to anyone...), only to instead hear "Thank you for voting for Rob & Cheryl."

It's dishonest and shady at best, and typical of the behavior of that family.

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    That was Anna's dance - Derek couldn't out dance her!
    You might be right... I missed the intro so I didn't even know for the first half who the male was. I thought it might be Maks and he was doing great but I mostly watched the female. Then there was some time of full stretch extension and I recognized Derek but they were both so great. I tried to re-watch it on utube but not posted yet.

But I saw a Derek & Cherly jive performance that was super as well. Jive really appeals to me. Then somehow I started watching Season 10 clips of Derek & Nicole. Dunno how I missed that whole season without even knowing it, and was shocked at how good Nicole was. She looked like a pro. She was so good that she, the celebrity, was challenging Derek, the pro. Their freestyle was amazing. Sorry this whole paragraph is off-topic, but after tonight's anti-climatic show, I got all inspired from the season 10 stuff. Sorry to be all fan-girly on Derek, I'm not really, I just luv luv luv his dancing. Sadly, the Nicole clips I watched tonight kinda made his season with Ricki seem a little dull.

Ricki was very gracious & humble in tonight's elimination, I liked that, and I like her spirit. But man when you see some quick/sharp/precise/difficult dance steps, that's my fave, and I don't necessarily see quickness in Ricki's movement. She's more about grace and frame, less about being foot-light and quick.

I know we saw the two professional dancers do the Argentine Tango last night, but were they DWTS pros, or other dancers? I like the quick "lick-steps" in that dance, I'd like to see some of our famous pros do that one. (I know "lick-step" isn't the right term, I just dunno what they call it when they kick their legs and twist them together then untwist 'em, kinda like the legs are quick-french-kissing, sorry for the vulgarity, I just don't know what that step is called.)
    Last edited by fireflyer; 11-16-2011 at 12:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post

snip/
    Well, that explains a lot. I wonder if the judges make comments to the other pros/celebs standing up at the table before their dance not to screw it up. Seems like they were coaching. I don't really think any one pro is the best at dancing and choreographing. Derek's had the best chances to showcase what he can do, because Ricki is the closest thing to a clunker he's ever had, and she's still not Kate Gosselin style enough to where the judges can justify overscoring her. I guarantee he gets the ringer next season. I like Derek as a dancer, but as a pro, I'm completely over the show's favoritism they show him. I don't get what's so special. This show was better before the Houghs and Ballas came onboard (or at least starting in season 6, where it become all about the golden trio). The judges are going to keep playing favorites, and holding it against a celeb because of their pro, and we'll keep getting clunky stunt casting that they have to pat on the back and keep around even though they aren't bringing ratings, and then we have WTA and relay dances to make a huge point deficit to get the final 3 they want...they don't even try to hide it anymore. Next season, I won't be at all surprised if they have a judges save, but they use it on their own favorites.
    Shhhh! Don't give them any ideas!!
    VAgirl79 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    I noticed that people seemed to be tweeting him more heavily this season about replacing Brooke and the judges. While I can't believe it's the first season anyone's contacted him about that (as if he really has any say), some of his responses seemed surprised. Maybe he's feeling the heat for Brooke.
    Oh, I'm kinda surprised strangers would bring that up to Tom. I suppose I feel like viewer criticisms between us on an anonymous chatboard are fine, but if little-ol'-me actually wrote a cast member asking him to axe another cast member, I might feel a little to mean, as if I was going for the jugular. Brook has been pretty dull and depressing as of late. But she made a "funny" last night... Maybe Brook just needs a couple drinks before each show, to loosen her conversation?

Quote Originally Posted by anemone View Post
    Shhhh! Don't give them any ideas!!
    Yes, let's not. I hate the save on AI, and I would really hate it on this show. The Three Stooges do not need any more power than they already have. And I say that as someone who lost some of my faves way too early on this show, ex. Natalie Coughlin.

After last night and tonight especially, I really think they need to change the format of how they calculate results. 60-40 in favor of fan vote, at the least (potential judging changes aside). The initial point of scores was to give the judges a 50% say-so in order to lend a professional critique to the outcome. As so many of us see now, the judging has nothing to do with that whatsoever. All about seeking ratings, gimmicks, and playing favorites.

+ Reply to Thread