+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast
Like Tree189Likes

Thread: 11/15 Results Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Re: 11/15 Results Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I really think she should have left when she threatened to leave. Maks treated her badly, and now their fans are upset at who? Hopeless or rude Maks. ( sheesh)
    As a Hope and Maks fan: I am upset with the judges, their unprofessional behavior, and the beyond inconsistent standards they have. I am beyond fed up that mistakes or weaknesses the likes of Ricki and Rob show are ignored and they are fawned over while Hope & Maks (and to a far lesser extent J.R. & Karina) are nitpicked to death. I think they could have handled the garbage from the judges differently, but the show is such a joke at this point, I really do not blame either one of them for snapping back.

I feel like if you are not a judges' pet on this show these days, you are SOL unless you have a big fanbase going in or an amazing personality/attitude that wins people over (ex. J.R., Helio, etc.). Makes for a predictable and frustrating show.
    Last edited by VAgirl79; 11-15-2011 at 11:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VAgirl79 View Post
    Hope certainly worked hard and improved, but the judges were nasty to her from the word go. I still do not understand why. Some of what she said may have been rude, but I don't even care anymore. This show has become a transparent farce and a total joke! Things like Len's snark that he didn't believe she was putting in the time is uncalled for. I never saw him or any of the others calling Ricki a liar about anything, or Nancy, or Rob, or Chaz, and on and on.
    ^^THIS! That pi**ed me off that week & has bugged me ever since. The gall to just basically call her a liar to her face killed any last respect I might have had for Len!
    karalott, TIA__MA, Moontat and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    I hope Jimmy asks Rob about some of his sister's earlier tweets bashing other contestants and pretending to have Bieber's phone number in a desperate bid to keep him on. Of course Mama Kris probably faxed over the dos and don'ts of what to ask him. Wonder if she'll try to get a plug in for her book and have Rob say Kim didn't marry for the TV benefit of it...
    Now why should he have to answer questions on what is family has done?smh
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

It's official--I don't like Carrie Ann. I couldn't stand her when I first started watching DWTS and couldn't pinpoint why. Then I got where I didn't even notice her. Recently I've started noticing her again because of her blatant uneven judging and she's getting on my nerves again. Maybe it is time to refresh the judging panel. I used to be amused by Bruno but even his shtick is getting old. Perhaps some new judges could breath new life back into the show. Why don't they take some of the pro dancers who have had multiple mirror ball trophy wins and make them judges and bring in new pro dancers?
    karalott, GabbyG, Moontat and 3 others like this.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    Now why should he have to answer questions on what is family has done?smh
    He's a Kardashian, and that life is all he has going for him in terms of being any sort of "star". I doubt Jimmy would care to ask Rob about his time at USC and what his plans are for the future and how this changed him. Late night hasn't been poking fun at Kim's joke of a wedding and marriage for nothing.
    Moontat and VAgirl79 like this.

Carrie Ann's biggest mistake is thinking she is a special flower and that she is a huge part of the show. In reality she is, IMO, easily replaceable, and I hope someone at ABC buys a clue and sends her rear end packing. She seems like she is not on the show to judge (and certainly not to judge fairly)-- She acts like she is only there to find a date! How she is not embarrassed at her own behavior in hindsight truly amazes me.

I don't usually desperately want to see someone fired, but, hey! There's always cheesy AMA commercials to keep her employed...
    karalott, Shoepie, TIA__MA and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by VAgirl79 View Post
    As a Hope and Maks fan: I am upset with the judges, their unprofessional behavior, and the beyond inconsistent standards they have. I am beyond fed up that mistakes or weaknesses the likes of Ricki and Rob show are ignored and they are fawned over while Hope & Maks (and to a far lesser extent J.R. & Karina) are nitpicked to death. I think they could have handled the garbage from the judges differently, but the show is such a joke at this point, I really do not blame either one of them for snapping back.

I feel like if you are not a judges' pet on this show these days, you are SOL unless you have a big fanbase going in or an amazing personality/attitude that wins people over (ex. J.R., Helio, etc.). Makes for a predictable and frustrating show.
    I wouldnt watch, I am not being clever or funny.But, if I were truly that frustrated, I wouldnt watch. I love dancing, I think Mark( who is not a judges fave Len doesn't like what he does) is very talented, and Tristan is not bad.I cannot stand Maks, I think he's an arrogant P. But I understand he has fans. if I dare mention Derek, oh he's the Golden boy.Well he's also one hell of a dancer and and choreography.He was missed last year, by me and many others.The show was inundated with where is he? I know I joined an email group to have him back.I really dont think Maks and Hope were good together from the start, she was very a poor sport( no pun intended) and a very poor loser,she didnt look like she wanted to be there, and the way he spoke to her was awful. The only time she smiled, was when Maks was ill and one of the troupe taught her, and also Derek showed her, she seemed more relaxed, it was almost as if Maks taught her to hate the judges and for what? judging? thats all they had in common in the end, to be smart asses to the judges, they are not going anywhere.Hope is.

Rob was on dancing with the stars not this is your life. The discussion should be about his experience on the show just like everyone else. Its not lets pick on a Kardashian or any other celebrity on the show and their families. Poor Rob how dare he have a famous family with money. smh. Poor kid he could create a cure for cancer and the world would still find a way to use his name as sword to slay him with
    Shoepie and Fanny Mare like this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    Rob was on dancing with the stars not this is your life. The discussion should be about his experience on the show just like everyone else. Its not lets pick on a Kardashian or any other celebrity on the show and their families. Poor Rob how dare he have a famous family with money. smh. Poor kid he could create a cure for cancer and the world would still find a way to use his name as sword to slay him with
    I know . I dont mind him at all, he's been really good this season. Aways very respectful of Cheryl I have noted. Oh well, he's in the final three and happy to be there.
    Shoepie and MsDiva2007 like this.

My few points:

1. Glad JR is still in there, but feel like they are trying to set him up for third place. Now, unless he totally bombs the freestyle, there really shouldn't be any reason he not win this contest unless they BLATANTLY rig the scores. Sadly, I think because there are two golden pro-children in the form of Cheryl and Derek, we will see him in the third spot, and he really shouldn't be there. Sorry... he should be the winner IMHO.

2. Statler and Waldorf are the ONLY two people who have been on that panel this year who had zingers that were actually funny and are classy enough to get as good as they give in snarks. The banter between the duo and Tom was delightful.

3. We needed more Muppets and WHY did they put Animal and Chef - two of the most popular characters in the "Muppet Show" (then, Muppets Tonight and now) in the character row BEHIND the dancers? I liked the dancers honestly, but they detracted from the Muppets.

4. Miss Piggy needed to take the mike away from Brooke. Heck - Animal at times honestly makes more sense.

5. Anyone notice that Hope seemed to do a fist pump when she and Maks were listed in jeopardy? I mean - it honestly looked like she was celebrating that note. Kinda odd, but I can't blame her.

6. If Carson chose the designs for the outfits - he overall did a good job in designs. I don't know too much about Karina's green ensemble in the second dance, but at least Bruno couldn't make a real sexist comment about it without getting into major trouble this time (That may have however been Carson's reasoning for it. )

7. Loved Maks' doing the fake hypnosis to JR between dances... that said, for a while it looked like it worked during JR's AT.

As far as Jimmy Kimmel, I have little doubt myself that they're censoring Hope and Maks because they're probably going to be whistleblowers to this nonsense going on in the show. As much as I love Carson's humor, I felt like the whole costume thing was a bit of an appeasement of sorts because he didn't do "JKL." I doubt they'll do that for our fourth place finishers.

Honestly, ABC needs to SERIOUSLY watch this season again as well as the past two years (at least as far as Evan's season). There is some serious issues in judging this show, some borderlining rigging. While yes, "DWTS" is seen as a reality show, it's getting to the point that FCC needs to rethink their definition of shows like this being scripted instead of game shows (meaning - they're not under violations like the rigging of "The $64,000 Question" because they all "play roles.") I think if they rethink it and revise it to include reality game shows as part of game shows - meaning they MUST follow fairness laws and no training beautiful or certain people to do very well for ratings and the like, we'd see some changes in the judging.
    karalott and VAgirl79 like this.

+ Reply to Thread