+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast
Like Tree178Likes

Thread: 11/14 DWTS13 Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Re: 11/14 DWTS13 Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    Hope said a few weeks back on her twitter that she was used to actual competitions and not popularity contests-and I felt like she directed it more at them than at the fans.
    But the thing is, Hope is clearly the worst of the remaining contestants. Here shoulders flop EVERY-WHICH-WAY, it's like she has no frame at all, watching it just brings the word "sloppy" to mind. Dance is not her thing. If this were a REAL competition instead of a popularity contest, she'd have been gone long before Chynna Phillips and the Laguna Beach girl.

Hope and Max have gotten very lucky to have made it this far. It was due to popularity.
    Florimel and Fanny Mare like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I don't know if he was upset about the dance or upset about his ankle--could be he was just in pain and worrying about how it would affect next week's rehearsal, since apparently they didn't do much of anything for the last two days to rest it, and he came up limping again after the first dance.
    I didn't enjoy JR's attitude tonight. Yah I know he was in tremendous pain. But he said the F-word at the end of his first dance in front of a whole crowd and millions of viewers, and I just think people should have better control of their tempers than that. Then he wouldn't even muster a smile the rest of the night. It made me think he only has a good attitude when he's on top. I expected him to show more courage in a tough situation.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Well Karalot, I don't think Hope and Maks can overcome that low of a score.

Speaking of scores, Hope's AT was the hardest of the bunch, she did a decent job, much better than Rob's walking around the floor, but since the judge's want her gone (Hope, you called that right), Rob's scores were better, and ridiculous scoring on the cha cha.

I am loving all of the threads at the mother board calling for CA's firing, or at the very least, a public apology to Hope and Maks!

I started watching DWTS when Melissa from TB was on; and I think it's time for me to stop watching again. I can see why the diehard fans are tired of the format/favoritism/inconsistent scoring. I much prefer SYTYCD because I love all types of dance, not just ballroom.

I just wish that either Hope or Maks would CA tomorrow night ... I know it would never happen, but a girl can dream.

I will not be watching the finale ... but I will be here for the blow by blow descriptions by you dedicated posters!

FORT Fogey

I think J.R. has already shown considerable courage in situations few people, thankfully, will ever have to face.

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama View Post
    Maks tweeted that to Carrie Ann that he was sorry for smiling.
    I think I actually respect Maks a little less for caving in on this. I wish he would have told her off! Lawd knows she deserves it...
    TIA__MA and zookeepertx like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post

Ricki has beautiful lines, her poses are fantastic, and her acting skills are great...however I don't think all the 'dancing' in between the posing is all that wonderful. I watched just her feet a few times and Len is right- she is unsure and tentative a lot. Derek puts a lot of fast moves into his choreography and I think it's so he can just whirl her around the floor. If you notice when they do slower dances (Paso, AT) there is a lost of just standing and posing or hitting a line.
    I agree. In addition, there's something about her that's too stiff. It's like she's trying so hard to get the posture and the moves right that she isn't relaxing into the dance and having fun. I've never seen such an intense and serious samba. She did all the moves, but she didn't capture the essence of the dance at all. I would have actually scored Rob higher on it, just because he was bringing the spirit of the dance to his performance, along with some pretty good moves (although he's stil somewhat awkward between moves, too).
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

IF the reason for the constant Rob fawning and over-scoring is that is he is running away with the popular vote, I will . Putting the dancing aside and only looking at fanbase size and power (because Rob certainly couldn't run away with it based on talent and ability compared to J.R.): If the fan base of a do-nothing (do nothing tactful, that is), fame obsessed, truly greedy family is bigger and stronger than the fan base of a true war hero, our country has even more issues than I already knew it did.

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer View Post
    I didn't enjoy JR's attitude tonight. Yah I know he was in tremendous pain. But he said the F-word at the end of his first dance in front of a whole crowd and millions of viewers, and I just think people should have better control of their tempers than that. Then he wouldn't even muster a smile the rest of the night. It made me think he only has a good attitude when he's on top. I expected him to show more courage in a tough situation.
    I think he was in horrible pain, and I think he was probably frustrated as all get out that that type of injury happened right at really awful time. I personally don't curse, and I don't like listening to people curse. However, I really can't think of a single celeb who made it far in this show who didn't let a really horrible word fly at one point or another (either live TV or in filmed rehearsals), except maybe Donny & Marie Osmond. So if I hold it against one, I feel like I have to hold it against others. At the end of the day, for me, unless someone is swearing like a trucker, I don't pay much attention to it on this show. I can understand why it would bother some a lot, though.
    Moontat likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    I think I actually respect Maks a little less for caving in on this. I wish he would have told her off! Lawd knows she deserves it...
    I wish he would just act professional... since he's called a professional.

I'm weary of the Maks/Hope/CA saga. Too much griping from Maks, too much dominance from CA, and not enough dancing skills from Hope. Maks' big attitude was contagious this season, it spread to Hope, now she is mouthy, and it has spread to this message board (all the griping, all the hate). I like upbeat people. I guess that's why I like Derek even though some people view him as a brown-noser. I just really like to see good attitudes. That's also why I was really suprised by JR tonight, because a night of pain brought a total attitude switch when I expected he'd have stronger fortitude.

I was taken quite by surprise tonight when the judges scored JR's first dance so low. I actually had been thinking it was great. Didn't expect to hear one, then two, and finally three less-than-satisfied judges. I wish I could rewatch it... I must've been viewing with blinders on.

Ricki's dances always look so pretty, but if watch very close, her perfect lines mask a kind of slowness or simpleness, I think. Derek is of course an excellent dancer, but his ability to make any level of dancer appear to be a starlet on the floor is extraordinary. I know it's not popular to like Derek these days, but honestly, he's in a class by himself, excelling in his own dancing lines, AND in choreography, AND in teaching. I think he deserves credit for being the best all-around pro. Being great at all 3 components is worth some praise.

And seeing Rob dance so cleanly tonight was not expected. I don't know enough about dance steps to know whose routines were simple vs complex, but I know it's the overall performance that counts, not just the skills, which is why gymnasts and skaters elect to take highly difficult moves out of their routines in favor of a cleaner performance.
    justCoz and Fanny Mare like this.

All in all, a very satisfying show tonight. It wasn't what I expected.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    Something tells me that wasn't without sarcasm. You could tell from Hope's body gesture after CA made that comment that she was getting ready to say something. I wish Hope had opened up her personality like this sooner. You can tell she and Maks know they're finished tomorrow. Someone did tweet CA and said she must have been hot for Maks, but he turned her down, and that's why she hates him (just like we said here). CA of course told them to dream on. I really hope we see changes next season to the judges panel, even if we have to add a 4th judge. At least when we're down to 4 couples and 2 hours, there will be the time to fill up. She's an idiot. She seemed bored tonight when critiquing them compared to the others.

Hope may deserve to go based on dancing, but I like her, love Maks, and would be fine for her making it to the finals. I'm not expecting it, and the show might as well have had a WTA dance to ensure they got the outcome they wanted again. I suppose this will be the norm from now on, where they put in WTA dances and rank dances at the end to get the finals they desire. I'm not sorry hope outlasted Kristin, as it's been heaven not having Mark around. But I wish Chynna and David were still here. Brooke actually appeared to be trying to make a funny tonight about the 7 dances. My interest in the finale is pretty much gone. Either it's a given and J.R. wins as we expected, or I'd rather not have the results.

As for J.R., I don't think his lack of personality had anything to do with being unhappy about not being on top. He hurt himself again during the paso, and I think he did a pretty good job moving on through the pain.

+ Reply to Thread