+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast
Like Tree178Likes

Thread: 11/14 DWTS13 Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Re: 11/14 DWTS13 Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Phone voting is over, but we can still vote online at ABC.com all night and tomorrow.

I'm the last person who wants to admit this, but Rob's 2nd dance was very good. Not 29 good, but close. If you have to do the Argentine Tango, you want Cheryl or Derek to be your partner, because they are the best at making an intense show out of it.

It's obvious that they want Hope gone, but in all honesty, she's the worst dancer of the four couples so maybe it's just time for her to go anyway. Rob keeps improving, but Hope's athletic skill can't make up for her lack of grace, and even Maks can't teach her to acquire that in a handful of weeks.

I hope JR's ankle heals so that it's an even competition next week. The freestyle is always the wildcard, and since the level of dancing in general this season has been subpar, I think any one of them has a chance to win (assuming Hope goes home this week).
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Rob: between the Kardashian brand, the world's biggest stage mom at the helm, and E!...I'm Kardashianed out. They are fake, their show isn't real, Kim's marriage was for publicity, I'm surprised they can all fit in one room between their overinflated egos. Too bad they couldn't shoot a new pilot for Gilligan's Island and conveniently leave them on a deserted island with no access to the media or the public for 20 years. That said, his dancing has improved, but it was not 10 worthy. The relay was a bit of a joke, and maybe they were trying not to make it obvious. I'm tired of the 'becoming a man' (really? It made more sense when teenager Cody Linely used it, and even then it got old real fast and seemed like a fake story line). I pity Rob as he's getting by by being CA's favorite and the Kardashian name. Yes, I know people have to actually vote for him, but are they voting more because his sister tweets she has Bieber's phone number and E! pimps it out, or based on Cheryl? Of course, pro fan bases probably have helped Hope and Ricki stick around this long. I will never understand the attraction to this family, why they're popular (my mom asks me that all the time-I don't have an answer), or what the big deal is with him and CA's love obsession. We've had better underdog stories than a guy whose pro choreographs a routine where he does minimal dancing and what he can do looks good. Kudos to Cheryl. I wouldn't care if he made the finals over Ricki. I just think it'd be funny for CA to lose one of her favorites tomorrow. At this point, I don't think Ricki, Rob, or Hope are anywhere close to J.R., so for me, it doesn't matter who makes it and who doesn't.

J.R.: Well, he didn't deserve the top of the leaderboard. Why now? I felt so sorry for him, and sorry for Karina. But he's a trooper. He couldn't have made it this far with what he's gone through without that amazing spirit and attitude. I did think his AT was the best of the night, by far, but he was in obvious pain, and you could definitely tell. Where he's usually smiling, bouncing around, and upbeat and happy, he looked glum tonight. I'm sure he felt like he let himself, Karina, and his fans down. Since I have no hope for Hope being in the finals (though I'm still hoping!), I really hope J.R. goes in and wipes the floor with the other 2. Especially since I don't think CA will let Rob or Derek lose without a fight. However, while I was confident at the start of the hour it was his to lose, something tonight made me feel like they're setting it up for him to come in second or third. I thought there was a possibility Ricki was going to pull it off, but I'm thinking now Rob may have topped the leaderboard to justify his high fanbase that's going to get him the win. We'll see next week how the scoring and judges comments play out. Back to J.R.-I feel bad for Karina. She went through this last season when Ralph injured his knees (and then got run over by the DWTS Express). J.R. totally deserves this, and if Hope is gone tomorrow, I'm throwing every bit of votes I can to help him hoist that trophy in the air. I doubt Karina will ever get this close again. Somehow, I almost feel she might get the boot next season (not sure why I'm thinking that). Oh, and in regards to her grabbing Maks's hand: I couldn't really tell if she was grabbing J.R. or Maks. It looked like her hand went to the side, where Maks was, but it looked like it could have been reaching behind her. It was a quick shot. But Maks was hugging J.R. and I know they've become friends. I think this is the happiest I've seen the cast together all season. It would have been funny if Karina was reaching for J.R.'s hand and wound up grabbing Maks's

Hope: you go girl! CA totally had that coming. She opened her big mouth and thought she'd call Maks out for being childish towards her, and she got owned. I think if CA could have taken back her 8, she would have. That was tense. But kudos to Hope. I know the judges are totally going to play the victim tomorrow when we see their thoughts as Hope is talking. I noticed Bruno had that same expression and hand gesture he did when Chaz called him out for being mean. I don't think the judges deserve anything. If they can criticize, belittle, degrade, name call, play favorites, find nice things to say to everyone else but one couple, take out their grudges with their pro on the celeb, and do anything by critique the dance, the couples should be allowed to call them out. Hope knows she's not going to win, even if she stays in another week, and she's certainly not going to win over the judges. I think she's shown a lot of improvement in even just the last couple of weeks. She's still nowhere near a good dancer or even up there with some of Maks's best, but I'm glad they're finally at this good place, and Hope called CA out for being the idiot she is.

Ricki: At this point, I'm hoping and praying J.R. wins, but I also could really give a crap if Derek winds up winning another trophy (what is this? 4? 5?) and Marks rushes the stage to get one last moment in the spotlight as he hoists him and trophy away from Ricki. Out of the cha cha relay, I actually would have ranked Ricki first, but I don't think Rob was far behind. I really didn't care for their outfits. I can't say either dance was 30 worthy, but I'm not surprised. I knew it was coming.
    Last edited by karalott; 11-14-2011 at 11:51 PM.
    TIA__MA likes this.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    I think she has improved tremendously the last 3 weeks - she is better than Rob - but that is my opinion. No way he deserved a ten - no way.
    I thought it looked like Cheryl did all the work and he just circled around her!!! No Way A Ten!!!!
    karalott and Moontat like this.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Daisoo View Post
    Oh god CA
    Someone should fire this woman ASAP it's so obvious she has her favourites.
    I really wanted a Hough-free Finale, but I knew that wasn't going to happen. Well, I'm glad Hope called her out, if I was Hope I think I would have bitch-slap CA by now.
    I agree..... i just heard Ca's remark about Mak's smile... Omg!!!!! It obvious she has somethiing against Maks.... and I used to really
    like Ca but, i wanted to slap her after that remark!!!
    karalott, Florimel and Moontat like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    Phone voting is over, but we can still vote online at ABC.com all night and tomorrow.

I'm the last person who wants to admit this, but Rob's 2nd dance was very good. Not 29 good, but close. If you have to do the Argentine Tango, you want Cheryl or Derek to be your partner, because they are the best at making an intense show out of it.

It's obvious that they want Hope gone, but in all honesty, she's the worst dancer of the four couples so maybe it's just time for her to go anyway. Rob keeps improving, but Hope's athletic skill can't make up for her lack of grace, and even Maks can't teach her to acquire that in a handful of weeks.

I hope JR's ankle heals so that it's an even competition next week. The freestyle is always the wildcard, and since the level of dancing in general this season has been subpar, I think any one of them has a chance to win (assuming Hope goes home this week).
    Rob has improved each week for sure.Kudos to Cheryl. I think he deserves to stay but I am not 100% he will. Maks needs to take time off( like 5 years) he danced around hope like Mark Tom said STEPFORD Maks.I thought that was THE best line of the season LOL!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by cyn2much View Post
    I agree..... i just heard Ca's remark about Mak's smile... Omg!!!!! It obvious she has somethiing against Maks.... and I used to really
    like Ca but, i wanted to slap her after that remark!!!
    That remark was really uncalled for. CA has no way to justify it. I barely even saw Maks smiling. There's no way he or Tony will ever win this show as long as she's there. They need to get rid of her, or tell her take her hatred and favoritism and inconsistancy elsewhere (and if she wants to stay, crack open that ballroom basics book Tony gave her).

I did love Tom's stepford comment At least Maks can laugh at himself and his image on the show, and Tom can make light of it. He said once his behind would feel neglected if Maks didn't pinch it every show.

Maks tweeted that to Carrie Ann that he was sorry for smiling.

FORT Fogey

[QUOTE=Coco46;4396589]
    Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Did anyone else notice that when Karina was asked about having never won and she sort of shyly said it would be nice to win that it looked like she reached out and squeezed Maks' hand in recognition of the fact that of the four pros up there, she and Maks were in the same boat, whereas Cheryl and Derek had both won multiple times?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post

Yes, I did, but wasn't sure I had imagined it. Glad someone else noticed it too.

As most of you, I am getting very tired of Carrie Ann's judging "skills" and immature behavior. I just mute her the minute she opens her mouth. Can't stand her.

I really hope that JR pulls through for the win!
    Thank goodness someone else saw it too. I was beginning to think I had imagined it as well.

FORT Fogey

J.R. himself mentioned that the stomping hurt his ankle and that he re-injured it during the dance itself. Before the AT, he saw a trainer backstage who re-taped the ankle, which he said helped, so I think that may be partially why the AT was better too. But yeah, I don't think an aggressive dance like the paso is nearly as much in J.R.'s wheelhouse as something more upbeat and positive that's more in tune with his general nature. I don't think the stupid Zorro mask helped either, because it got in the way of seeing his facial expressions clearly, and he needed to be able to sell the dance as much as possible, since the injury was hampering his ability to do his best.

But hey, he barely mentioned the injury himself and really tried to diminish its importance when it was brought up--there's no crying in ballroom when it comes to J.R., perhaps because he's been through so much worse that it hardly seems worth it to him to mention a turned ankle.
    TIA__MA likes this.

Rob is much improved. A weak final 3 contender to say the least, but I think he is doing alright. It doesn't hurt him that CA is fanboy crazy for him.

Hope is a goner. I thought her Paso wasn't great and was lacking some 'smoothness' to it. I though she totally redeemed herself with the AT. I thought she had the flavor of the dance down and the lifts were tough. She may not have moved seemlessly in and out of them, but she gets an A for effort. What does CA have against her? I noticed all her fawning over JR's ankle injury (and rightfully so), and how it probably affected his posture, etc, etc, but where was all that sympathy for Hope's injuries? Not a single word from CA about that. I'm so glad Hope called her out. Lemons are sweeter than the look on CA's face when she had to raise her paddle to score Hope's dance. Priceless.

JR will win this. I think he truly is the best dancer there and has a fantastic backstory and now an injury, so I don't think he can lose. As much as people go ga-ga over Derek, I think JR can overcome that as he has that 'everyday Joe' vibe going for him and people will gravitate towards that.

Ricki has beautiful lines, her poses are fantastic, and her acting skills are great...however I don't think all the 'dancing' in between the posing is all that wonderful. I watched just her feet a few times and Len is right- she is unsure and tentative a lot. Derek puts a lot of fast moves into his choreography and I think it's so he can just whirl her around the floor. If you notice when they do slower dances (Paso, AT) there is a lost of just standing and posing or hitting a line. Also what is with the orangey-fleshy netting she wears with every costume?? Either make it her skintone or give her bare skin...or better yet stop putting her in sleeveless outfits- it makes her look squooshed into them. A thick strap or just sleevelss or cap sleeves may help, but that orange netting has got to go! It does nothing for her. And note to Derek: your constant need to mug for the camera is bringing you into Mark's realm- and that's really not a place you want to go. Remember it's about the 'star', not you.
    Florimel and TIA__MA like this.

+ Reply to Thread