+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast
Like Tree178Likes

Thread: 11/14 DWTS13 Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 11/14 DWTS13 Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Nope, it's a half an hour. But I had trouble getting through and sometimes only got the last half of the message, as opposed to the first half, which confirms whom you've voted for, so I hope the votes actually counted (and went to the person for whom I actually voted).

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    Well I just tried to vote by phone for Hope and Maks and they said voting by phone was over?? It's only been a half hour afte the show ended - I thought voting stopped an hour after the show??
    It's half an hour It's why I get mine in right away. You can vote online, though, I think until tomorrow night.

RE: Rob. I think Kelly Osbourne could have wiped the floor with him. Ty Murray. Kenny Mayne. I just don't think he's a good dancer. He has improved, but I still think a lot of his dancing is more Cheryl dancing around him, and having him take steps here and there that look good. I don't think Hope is a fantastic dancer, either, but in no way do I think Rob is that much better than her. J.R. is far and away the best one out of this whole miserable season, but I'm questioning now whether he'll win or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Yes, but CA decided that since she couldn't criticize the fact that they had lifts, she'd go after the way in which the lifts were performed, even though someone--Bruno, I think--had just praised her for trying difficult lifts and challenging herself, even if the result wasn't altogether perfect.
    The WAY the lifts were performed??? Oh, CA needs to just shut her pie-hole! I'd be willing to help her with that!
    TIA__MA likes this.

As much as I wanted to vote for Hope & Maks (partially just to get back at the idiotic twit who calls herself Carrie Ann), I felt like my hands were tied and I had to vote for J.R. Which, IMO, is exactly what these three morons wanted to happen in order to protect the Kardashian spawn.

The judges are fake and disgusting more often than not lately, but tonight took the cake. Mathematically (based on judges' scores), the only one Hope can realistically beat is J.R., thus paving the way for Rob and the only thing close to a female equivalent of Derek to walk on in to next week with the actual Derek and Ricki. Bleh! The E! network had a banner on the bottom of their network off an on earlier today giving Rob's phone number out and telling everyone to vote for him. Double bleh.

I had very high hopes that J.R. would beat the pants off of Derek and Ricki next week, but even if J.R. makes it through, IF they make the scoring gap as equally wide next week, it is going to be very difficult for him to win. So disgusting. Partly because I don't think Ricki is very good at all compared to J.R., and partly because this show has turned into the Derek Hough Slobber and Fawn Hour. I wish he would go find another movie to be in so he can be off of my TV screen. He can take weirdo Mark with him. I used to love both of them, and I still think they are good dancers; but I can't stand either one of them anymore.

I wouldn't even watch this farce tomorrow if it weren't for the Muppets. Some members of various fansites got to see the taping of the big song & dance number over the weekend, and it is supposed to be beyond amazing. Sad that the only thing keeping me watching this show is felt with glued or stitched on eyes...
    TIA__MA and mindy384 like this.

FORT Fogey

This week we had a DWTS party at my daughter's dance studio. They hired a new ballroom dance teacher for adults and teens to take classes since DWTS has become so popular. He knows Tony and Maks and a lot of the other dancers through the dancing circuit. He commented tonight that it is a sham that Riki is being scored so high because Derek's choreography is so much more about him. He said that Rob and JR clearly are the best dancers and therefore should be the final two. He agreed that Derek is the one pulling the scores.

I'm going to be blunt... JR was hurt, and he tried his damndest to not show it. And he's penalized for posture. Yeah, I understand that, but I would say that unless any of the three had danced with a sprained ankle and heck one that REQUIRES stomping, a 24 was unfair. It was obvious they want to put him in danger when it really should be Rob and Hope.

And no way was Rob's AT worth the same score as JR's.

The three judges made it obvious once again that this show is rigged for certain dancers - this case Rob. this stupid Cha-Cha relay is again a way to rig points to favor certain people.

If I were Maks and Hope, I'd just say "We're leaving - it's obvious that the judges are playing favorites with Rob (and yes, IMHO they are, partially because of Cheryl)" to make sure one of the best dancers who just had misfortune have a fair shot. And I'd want them to be as vocal as the producers were showing Hope's honesty and making sure there was a comment that she was taken off the team after talking to the news about her opinion about the World Cup game. Seriously it's disgusting.

I'm sorry... but Derek and Ricki are NOT the best dance group this year. It's JR, and if he's eliminated this week, I would say there should be a boycott of the season because it's clear they scored him too low to put him in the bottom two.

Or honestly... Why don't they just - if JR is eliminated, just hand Derek and Ricki the trophy and get out of dodge? I think even Tom is disgusted by the whole thing.

This show is getting to be about as bad as "Manhunt" was - it's nearly as rigged. The only thing they haven't done (which Manhunt allegedly did) was reshoot the events so a certain person won instead of the person who did.
    NFL1 likes this.

FORT Fogey

I am really in the group that despises all things Kardashian, but Rob is dancing really well. JR still has the edge in my book because his good is way better than Rob, but Rob's lines are wonderful, and he has improved. Ricki is the one that bores me. If you rewatch her AT, she is just basically being pulled around or just standing there. It really was luducrous.

[QUOTE=Tilden;4396556]Did anyone else notice that when Karina was asked about having never won and she sort of shyly said it would be nice to win that it looked like she reached out and squeezed Maks' hand in recognition of the fact that of the four pros up there, she and Maks were in the same boat, whereas Cheryl and Derek had both won multiple times?

Yes, I did, but wasn't sure I had imagined it. Glad someone else noticed it too.

As most of you, I am getting very tired of Carrie Ann's judging "skills" and immature behavior. I just mute her the minute she opens her mouth. Can't stand her.

I really hope that JR pulls through for the win!
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

I really don't like this part of the season--3 dances to learn in less than one week is just ridiculous. I watch this show to be entertained, not to witness people being injured. After 3 months of training and conditioning the celebs are in good shape, pushing them beyond their limits to the point that ATHLETES being injured is just stupid. I'd rather see 2 well performed dances not 3 less than par dances.

I'm not sure if JR's injury was the reason that he didn't do so great on his paso, as he did really well in the AT. He didn't have the aggression that is required in the paso. Some celebs have to dig deep to find that kind of aggression and I guess that JR had found that place way before this competition and moved on from it. He is so graceful while dancing so I am not surprised that he couldn't master the paso. He can't be perfect on every dance, but I still love to watch him dance.

The samba is my 2nd fave dance. Derek did not disappoint. Although I hate the colour yellow, those tight white pants made up for it. Damn, he is so good dancing the samba. Was he dancing with someone? haha

I could watch a whole season of the Argentine Tango as that is my fave dance. Everyone did very, very well and I was impressed. Plus they all had decent music, no singers. YAY!!

Yanno, I really don't like admitting that I like something Kardashian--but Rob's dancing is pretty spectacular. I thought/wanted him out week 1, but he continues to impress me every week. He is definitely in the finals, especially over Hope, and he deserves it just as much as anyone else. I'm glad that he did the show as it seems that he has matured and gained confidence. I can't imagine what it is like to be in that family, it's almost like he is the red-headed stepchild. Pretty crappy deal for him, cuz his momma can't sell his body or exploits for money.

Ricki's faces while dancing still turn me off. Her fakeness when getting scores turns me off. In fact, that's another point for Rob. He isn't an actor but still takes on a "character" and does really well with it. It doesn't seem to come natural to him either.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    I'm not sure if JR's injury was the reason that he didn't do so great on his paso, as he did really well in the AT. He didn't have the aggression that is required in the paso. Some celebs have to dig deep to find that kind of aggression and I guess that JR had found that place way before this competition and moved on from it. He is so graceful while dancing so I am not surprised that he couldn't master the paso. He can't be perfect on every dance, but I still love to watch him dance.
    It's more because of the injury than his footwork. Paso requires a lot of footwork and if you have a sore ankle already it's going to be affected becasue of it. And really even there it was the posture that they criticized, though I thought it wasn't nearly as bad for the points he was docked.

And regarding Rob... yeah a OK dancer. What I"m peeved about is that both he and Nancy have had people put in the little news tickers in the bottom of the screens their number for DWTS. I feel this is buying votes and while this is supposed to be a clean event and usually is, I just feel this is dirty and has kept so so dancers over better dancers.

Even having stars from "All My Children" wasn't as irritating to me, even though they were talking about JR's good points and not trying to get people to vote by putting on the bottom of the screen all day to vote for him.

+ Reply to Thread