+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree99Likes

Thread: 11/7 DWTS13 Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 11/7 DWTS13 Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    Ha! I rest my case! Maks changed his teaching style, and Hope improved by leaps and bounds. I hope he learned something from that.
    I think Maks changed when he saw how well Hope did with the Troupe guy teaching her the week his toe was injured...and he realized he'd better get back on the horse in a different fashion because she CAN dance and have fun!! After that he's sung a different tune, or she just reminds him of that time... loved the scenes with his family!

I pray that Nancy goes home tonight...and if not, that it's Rob who has improved, but I hope that soccer fans outlast Kardashian reality tv fans!
    Moontat likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    With me it is the eye flutter & the smirk on her face. I won't even mention seeing the sight of her unmentionables. Ricki lost a visable sign of weight. Nancy not so mcuh especially since she is running after young twins all day & has a full time job. Whatever Nancy...whatever.
    I think she has lost a lot of weight, especially since the start of the show. Good for her!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2 View Post
    I voted for H/M. I think they deserve to stay over N/T and even R/S. After the scoring last night I automatically started thinking the judges were being nice and scoring Hope higher and the clip was to redeem Max....all b/c they want her to go this week. I think they know if they score her low then there will be backlash and her fans will vote like crazy.

Poor Tristan. I've given Nancy a chance and thought she was improving but it's time for her to go. I think Rob has improved more than Nancy.
    Because of all the negative edits and criticism Hope has gotten, I think this was a nice way to kick her to the door. Then they can fake the outrage when a better dancer leaves over Nancy. Thank god she has the jive out of the way. Two weeks in a row-poor Tristan. And yet again the judges aren't equal opportunity criticizers: where was Len telling Nancy she wasn't spending enough time rehearsing when she mentioned the full time job? Really, this is probably one of the few seasons where the majority of the cast doesn't have prior commitments. But most celebs have other things on their plate in terms of work and family, and they never utter a peep (that we see). Nancy's been getting the edit for 2-3 weeks now that they're painting her and Tristan as not so warm and fuzzy and Nancy not this pitbull personality who's never wrong.

As for Maks, I've seen that side to him in other seasons where 's had a better time, so I can believe it's true. He admitted he was wrong before last night. He and Hope hashed it out after the group rehearsal last week. So I doubt the show had much to do with it, except finally giving them a good edit. Aside from that, their dancing totally killed Nancy and Rob's last night (I don't care what tweedle dee and tweedle dum on the ends thought).

And in terms of how many mentions DWTS will get after this season on Nancy's show: we can all count to zero. Unless another CNN/HLN personality joins the cast, but I doubt Nancy will want her coverage of pointing the finger at someone she deems guilty to be interrupted if it's not about her.

I
    think I may have seen a teeny tiny lift in Ricki and Derek's waltz at the very beginning. Good thing CarrieAnn missed it...just like she missed Rob and Cheryl's last week. It seems as if she sees the lifts she wants. I know nothing about ballroom dancing, other than what I've watched here, but certain glaring errors that I see somehow are "missed" by the judges. Then I see what I think is an atrocious routine and it's praised. I must need to go back and read the Dancing 101 manual again. A few points...
    She'd probably blame it on her bangs. There was one season where she had bangs like that, and was critiquing a couple's footwork. Tom asked how she could even see. Cut to the next shot and she had a pen or something holding her bangs up Did I mention Tom better never leave? I really can't believe he made the Kardashian crack, but I'm so glad he did. I wouldn't care if Rob went home tonight. The only two doing it for me are J.R. and Hope. Aside from that I don't care. In regards to lifts, someone sent me links to the Polish version of DWTS...and their judges must be really lax with their lift rule, or CA really doesn't know what she's talking about. I've seen lifts in couples salsas, VWs, waltzs, jives. Since it's very frequent, I'm assuming none of the judges say anything. But there again, if they don't treat it as a real dance competition, who cares about the lifts? I think CA quit mentioning lifts if she doesn't plan on taking off for them, because it just brings backlash for when she does.
    Last edited by karalott; 11-08-2011 at 02:59 PM.
    NFL1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TIA__MA View Post
    He could read the phone directory to me all night!
    And how hot did he look in that suit during the tango *swoon*?

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    I'm so excited that JR got the first 30 of the season!! Totally deserved. Their waltz was very beautiful and that is one dance that Karina always choreographs well. She always looks so 'flowy' and beautiful and it's hard to keep my eyes off of her and on her partner. I'm going to have to re-watch that dance just to see how good JR was, but the little that I did see he was pretty awesome.
    Their waltz was perfection! I got goosebumps watching it.

I must say that I was totally losing my interest in this season - and that's something since this is one of my all-time favorite shows. I'm pretty bummed about Chynna and David having early departures and then all the controversy with Hope/Maks. Last night for me was a breath of fresh air. Hope, imo, danced beautifully and JR nailed it.
    I wasn't impressed by Ricki's jive at all, but, as usual, Derek killed it in his waltz choreography. Rob and Cheryl were just "ok" - I'm not understanding the judges love, though he has improved. Nancy needs to LEAVE. She is far below the level of the others who are left, and, though I had no opinion of her before the show, by now she's gotten on my last nerve.
    karalott, Florimel and Coco46 like this.

Wow. Karina and JR's waltz was beautiful. I smiled throughout the entire performance. He looked so sweet dancing in the very beginning and the sheer joy on Karina's face....I don't think I've ever seen that girl so happy. She is really enjoying herself this season and her choreography has been so fresh. She's really stepped up this season. I really like this side of her.

I'm happy for Hope and Maks. For the first time, she looked like she was enjoying herself.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Fogey

Does anyone else find it odd that JR and Karina are burning up the dance floor, yet no one has posted on their thread for nearly a month? Or is there something wrong with my computer? There's always more action on Carson's thread, and he's not even dancing anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by GabbyG View Post
    I don't like Nancy's show, but last night I turned it on just to see what she was saying about DWTS and she was not there, which leads me to believe that she is NOT working a full time job. Also, I can't imagine that she works a full time job when she is only on camera one hour a day and prep time cannot possibly be another seven hours. As to having twins and having to get up at 5:00 a.m., I would be willing to bet that she has help and is not caring for them 24/7 by herself. I will give her props for getting out there at 53 years old, but she chose the gig.
    While I'm not all that keen on making excuses for Nancy Grace, she's not on her HLN show on Monday and Tuesday nights right now because they (lately anyway, with the Conrad Murray stuff) air live at 8pm EST, which is when DWTS airs on Mondays and an hour before showtime on Tuesdays. They've been using subs due to this. I think she is back on Wednesdays, although I'm not positive. I know she is there for her Thurs. and Fri. shows. I don't watch HLN much at all, but I have seen her on there during other people's shows fairly regularly as well. Basically a guest commentator role.

In terms of her attitude that others mentioned-- I think a lot of her being mean and argumentative to Tristan is just her schtick. She's very sarcastic, and she naturally talks short to people a lot of the time. I think most of the time on this particular show she is joking, and it just isn't coming across well.

A lot of people don't know that her fiance was murdered when she was 19 years old. That started her down the career path she chose, and I think that is where a lot of the pitbull mentality against defendants comes from. Not saying how she behaves on TV or behaved in court sometimes is/was right (I don't think it is/was), but her own past helps me make a little more sense of it.

Regardless, hopefully she goes home tonight. If not her, Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by NFL1 View Post
    I think Maks changed when he saw how well Hope did with the Troupe guy teaching her the week his toe was injured...and he realized he'd better get back on the horse in a different fashion because she CAN dance and have fun!! After that he's sung a different tune, or she just reminds him of that time... loved the scenes with his family!

I pray that Nancy goes home tonight...and if not, that it's Rob who has improved, but I hope that soccer fans outlast Kardashian reality tv fans!
    I don't remember where I read it, but I heard that Hope almost quit after the way Maks treated her during the team dance. She really read him the riot act, and he realized he needed to shape up. I think that, combined with the things you mentioned, made a real difference in how they related to each other this week--especially what you said about him seeing how well she did when the guy from the troupe taught her.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

+ Reply to Thread