+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: 11/1 Results Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Re: 11/1 Results Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

I didnt think David was that good last night.He would never have won.Shame it wasn't Hope that went. More Maks being pushy I guess (ugh)

Go Derek!
    norealityhere likes this.

Hope apparently does float. That is the only explanation for Hope still being in this competition. I still get to see Maks in all of his brooding glory so that is a plus,lol.
    Shoepie and anemone like this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

The young lady dancing with Derek tonight is Allison Holker....she was on SYTYCD and she's been back as a pro dancer the past couple of seasons.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    The bright side: more Tristan and Maks. The downside: more Nancy and likely another bad edit for Maks.

Loved seeing Carson. They need him back as a regular something. I don't care if Brooke is finally doing a somewhat halfway decent job and sounds like she has life in her after co-hosting 3 seasons.

Rob's dark horse comment is probably foreshadowing to him making the finals. I do wonder if Nancy's fanbase may wind up coming back in full force and edging him out. Still very surprised to see David go, even if he didn't have the best night. That team dance may have turned everything around. I wish they'd do away with team dances, group dances, insta dances, WTA (I wonder if that's on the horizon-although it'd be hard to give the win to anyone other than J.R. this time), marathon, theme weeks...I feel like this season is everything gone wrong and what they need to fix. I'll certainly miss David and Kym, who I hope returns with another fun and long lasting partner. They exited with class and humor. His daughter is too freaking adorable.

I have no idea what the point of Derek's dance was. Is this the first week we haven't seen the troupe?

Brooke is barely more lifelike than she was before and Carson is a hoot. More of him and way less of her.

I kinda liked that David's daughter was ticked off, as opposed to all weepy, that her dad was bounced.

I'm not sure why they included the dance by Derek and partner except that maybe with the ballerina dance and the two Bieber numbers, they didn't have quite enough time for a full out troupe dance, but they had a little bit of time left and needed to fill it. It did sort of come out of nowhere and seemed a little odd. It's not actually a bad idea to give the pros a shot at doing a dance about something that inspires them, but if they're going to do that, then they should have a series of pros do it and they should have them explain a little bit about how that dance is based on their inspiration or how the particular dance form itself inspires them. Otherwise, they might as well just say, "Here's Pro X with a dance he/she choreographed for himself/herself."

And yeah, dump team dances and group dances, unless they're not scored. No more insta-dances or marathons or anything else that lets the show manipulate the results too much. And really, if they have to keep reaching for filler, why not cut the show down from two hours to an hour and a half or less as they get down to fewer dancers. They might as well keep the results show to a half an hour too, because all anyone really cares about is who gets sent home.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    The young lady dancing with Derek tonight is Allison Holker....she was on SYTYCD and she's been back as a pro dancer the past couple of seasons.
    She and Derek were a joy to watch. Such a beautiful dance.
    justCoz and Fanny Mare like this.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    That'd be a new theme for them. They can play past clips of when he was actually someone and was a guest performer on this show, and have him relive his "baby" days. Wonder if he'll don a wig of what his hair looked like at 14 (?)
    They could always go with a "teen sensations" theme and bring back Donny Osmond for results night. Heck, he could bring Marie with him, since she was a teen star too, just so long as she isn't allowed to do a freestyle. I still have nightmares where I wake up screaming, "Not the Doll! Not the Doll!"

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    They could always go with a "teen sensations" theme and bring back Donny Osmond for results night. Heck, he could bring Marie with him, since she was a teen star too, just so long as she isn't allowed to do a freestyle. I still have nightmares where I wake up screaming, "Not the Doll! Not the Doll!"
    I feel like the producers pay Maks back for going after their integrity, and the producers paid Jonathan back for going along with the freestyle nightmare. Some (if not most) freestyles have been boring to me, but hers was horrifying. Of course by today standards I think it'd fit right in. Speaking of Biebs, I was watching Kimmel and he made the same comment about Justin doing the show in the future. His quote was 'Justin Bieber was on DWTS tonight, looking at the stage he'll be competing on in the next 4-5 years'. Just got done watching David. He seems pretty loopy Both agree the team dance brought them down.

I kinda liked that David's daughter was ticked off, as opposed to all weepy, that her dad was bounced.
    That was too cute. I love how his daughter seems like a normal little girl. It's refreshing to see, considering some parents of divorce (Hollywood or not) put their kids in the middle and try and use them against the other, or stage parents who try and void their kids of showing any sort of emotion and turn them into scary looking 21 year old Stepfords. I say find something for Coco to do along with Carson. Makes me wonder, with so many calling for Carson to take over for Brooke, if that's not where this suddent burst of life (even if it's dismal) came from. Maybe Brooke's feeling some pressure to prove she can be just as good.

I wonder if this season will bring about any changes to next season. I really hope they don't add a judges save. And if they're going to reveal the real bottom 2, they need to be consistant with it. I could give or take the group dance, as it's missing the fun and energy from early seasons. Now it seems like the couples are going for it as though it's scored. Team dances, the producers need to divide them up and make it more even, though this season is pretty mediocre with dancers.

I'm so bummed to see David go! He wasn't the best dancer, but he certainly wasn't the worst. And he was fun to watch.

Is there any more fun left at all?
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

I loved, loved, loved Derek and Alison's Argentine Tango!

It was good to see the ballerina back enpointe after such a history, but I was wanting to see more of her dancing, yet the lyrics seemed to call for embraces and lifts. Oh, well.

Nancy (She who can't lift her knee higher than two inches) Grace gets to bully Tristan through two dances next week. I like to watch Tristan dance, but enough is enough.

David was really coming into his dancing side - calmed down and more serious. It's too bad he had to leave before the graceless Grace.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Well, that was a bummer result as I thought Hope was finally a goner and then when Nancy was in the bottom that maybe she'd go home. (Except that I knew that Nancy's fan base is the same one that carried Bristol through to the finals.) I am hoping that 2 dances next week will be her downfall, but the judges are gonna have to help too and not overscore her.

I'm happy that David did last as long as he did, and he got everything that he wanted out of the experience. He should be proud of himself as he was very entertaining on the show and danced some wonderful dances, while finally sober. I saw a different side of him and definitely enjoyed watching him learn and grow. On to bigger and better things David!

+ Reply to Thread