+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: 11/1 Results Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 11/1 Results Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    I saw Maks run right over to Nancy. Tristan knew they deserved it.

Stupid insta-dances. That's going to screw Hope.
    d

I hate all the gimmicky crap--the marathons, the insta-dances, the team dances. They're just dumb. Just go back to the original plan and have the last few contestants have to prepare two solo dances or cut the show to an hour and have them each do one dance. The way they screw with who gets what dances now, they couldn't do this, but I'd like to see the final four all have to prepare the same dance to the same music and get a really good idea of who can do what well.
    Coco46 likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    Oh God. Another Michael Jackson tribute night next week. It'll be a Mark-o-Rama!
    I'm kinda over the veneration of Michael Jackson. And it seems a little awkward to have a Jackson tribute yet again while the trial about his death is going on.

what everyone seems to forget - or did not know - is Nancy has a huge following on her show and pretty much begs for votes each night (no, I don't watch her show...lol) but did check this out one night. I do watch HLN for news and on almost every show they mention how proud they are of Nancy, show a video clip and mention that they are all supporting Nancy - so everyone be sure to tune in and vote. That's a lot of people! Just crossing my fingers that she does not actually make the final 3. Surely the Kardashians have more power than Nancy!

FORT Fogey

Well, E! is showing Kim's wedding yet again, for at least the second time today, so maybe they're trying to compete with HLN's support of Nancy.

FORT Fogey

I think Hope/Maks looked happy to be safe tonight If they want out, I don't blame them, and I think next week will be it. Nancy's a worse dancer, but people seem so in love with Tristan that they're voting for him, which keeps her in. Of course, I think Nancy's fanbase is pretty big, or at least I thought it was. The show must want her around if they revealed she was second to last overall.
    This isn't the right thread to discuss it so I won't in detail, but I think given what we have on our voting thread, the votes might have been pretty close between David and Nancy. That is what it looked like. Both were right on the bottom within spitting distance of each other, so to speak. Also, it was obvious from the audience reaction that David was well liked. Because of the dramatic effect, the producers like an emotional and somewhat shocking elimination which is what happened with David leaving tonight.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

The bright side: more Tristan and Maks. The downside: more Nancy and likely another bad edit for Maks.

Loved seeing Carson. They need him back as a regular something. I don't care if Brooke is finally doing a somewhat halfway decent job and sounds like she has life in her after co-hosting 3 seasons.

Rob's dark horse comment is probably foreshadowing to him making the finals. I do wonder if Nancy's fanbase may wind up coming back in full force and edging him out. Still very surprised to see David go, even if he didn't have the best night. That team dance may have turned everything around. I wish they'd do away with team dances, group dances, insta dances, WTA (I wonder if that's on the horizon-although it'd be hard to give the win to anyone other than J.R. this time), marathon, theme weeks...I feel like this season is everything gone wrong and what they need to fix. I'll certainly miss David and Kym, who I hope returns with another fun and long lasting partner. They exited with class and humor. His daughter is too freaking adorable.

I have no idea what the point of Derek's dance was. Is this the first week we haven't seen the troupe?

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

I watched about 15 minutes of the show tonight. Switched to other channel during any Derek, Justin Bieber and guest singer segments. The stupid group dancing last night wasn't fair or beneficial for us voting for our favorites. Derek always seems to benefit from them, along with the judges scores. Hopefuly there will be a backlash to keep him from winning it all. I believe Hope and Maks staying on was just that. Sorry to see David go, over Nancy or Rob.

Rats, I kept hoping that Hope would be gone. She sure doesn't look like she wants to be on the show.

Yet, again the rabid fans of Nancy Grace save her quite ample ass. Too bad they can't get her to lose some control and shake it. It might even considered a weapon of mass destruction at that point.
    JunkieGirl likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

The bright side: more Tristan and Maks. The downside: more Nancy and likely another bad edit for Maks.

Loved seeing Carson. They need him back as a regular something. I don't care if Brooke is finally doing a somewhat halfway decent job and sounds like she has life in her after co-hosting 3 seasons.

Rob's dark horse comment is probably foreshadowing to him making the finals. I do wonder if Nancy's fanbase may wind up coming back in full force and edging him out. Still very surprised to see David go, even if he didn't have the best night. That team dance may have turned everything around. I wish they'd do away with team dances, group dances, insta dances, WTA (I wonder if that's on the horizon-although it'd be hard to give the win to anyone other than J.R. this time), marathon, theme weeks...I feel like this season is everything gone wrong and what they need to fix. I'll certainly miss David and Kym, who I hope returns with another fun and long lasting partner. They exited with class and humor. His daughter is too freaking adorable.

I have no idea what the point of Derek's dance was. Is this the first week we haven't seen the troupe?
    Carson is such a natural with the microphone. I enjoyed him and the little dancer who overcame the brain tumor. I have no idea why Derek and his partner were dancing, but that routine - whatever it was supposed to be - was marvelous.
    Question: Has anyone on the winning team ever been eliminated?
    Next, I think it is unfair to allow either Derek or Cheryl to be on the Paso team. They always win when either of them is on or choreographing for that team.

I do watch the Nancy Grace show and every show on HLN ends with a reminder to watch Nancy on dancing with the stars. You are reminded she gives all of earnings to Missing and exploited children funds. On Fridays show she has a segment with DWTS dancers, current and past contestants. Nancy ends the show with a reminder on how she will work really hard on whatever the next dance is.

So she is getting votes of those who want the money for the missing and exploited kids fund.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

+ Reply to Thread