+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: 11/1 Results Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: 11/1 Results Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

I never have like Justin Bieber but I have to say I'm glad he has a decent hairstyle now. I would have rather have had Boyz 2 Men on without him.

I'm sorry to see David go. He just doesn't have as big of a fan base pulling for him as the other stars do.

I had to laugh at the elimination David saying there was something wrong with the voting because this was his show. lolol!
    Last edited by pikachu; 11-02-2011 at 11:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Started out as a dancer, actually--switched to skating, because he said he got criticized in chorus line situations for jumping higher than everyone else, and it didn't matter how high you jumped in skating.

I still go to youtube and watch "Satan Takes a Holiday" when I need a happy break. Now he could work a pair of spats....
    I had the opportunity to do an ice show with Robin back in the late 1980s when he was doing this routine. I never missed peaking out from backstage to watch it because it was one of the finest pieces of choreography I had ever seen.

FORT Fogey

I actually believe that Tristan thinks it's time for Nancy to go. He has to know that she's not as good a dancer as many that are leaving. Add to that the fact that his rehearsal time with her is less than pleasant, this can't be that fulfilling for him anymore.

Similar to Lacey knowing it was Chaz's time, Tristan has to know that Nancy needs to be sent packing.

This is the first full season I have ever watched of DWTS. I've seen bits and pieces of other seasons, but something was always competing with the show on Monday nights previously... I think it was 24 and I won't miss Keifer for anyone!

Observations from a newbie:

Derek comes off very arrogant, but I have to say I think he's the best pro dancer I've ever seen. The man is amazing to watch.

Brooke is totally unnecessary. I can't see what she adds to the show at all. It seems they have had several women hold that particular spot, wasn't Melissa Rycroft there one season as well?? No woman has ever done well. I say bring Carson on next season and watch the ratings increase!

Rob and Nancy both seem to....plod. Very little grace. They seem to know the steps, but they have little finesse in putting those steps together. Dancing is more than just knowing the routine! Hope actually has a bit more grace than Rob and Nancy, but I still want her to go home. Maybe I want her to go home to get Maks off my screen? Sorry, I know there are a lot of Maks fans out there but I think he has bordered on abusive with Hope and he needs to take his ego elsewhere.

Ricki is a great dancer but I think Derek has carried her a little further than she would have gone with another partner.

David started melting my heart the first week and it kept on melting throughout the season. I am sad to see him go. I know what it's like to fight demons, and I think this show gave him a much-needed focus at a very scary time in his life. He was forced to rely on his body and his mind and fully concentrate and devote himself to something, and I think it helped him. He and his daughter obviously have a sweet relationship and I think journey this only strengthened this bond!

In my opinion, JR is an amazing man and deserves to win this whole thing. His status as a veteran affects my opinion, but not as much as his strength as a dancer, his consistent smile, and his dedication. If my opinion was based soley on whom I liked better, Carson would take home the trophy, but no matter how much I love that man he just isn't the greatest dancer! JR is the best dancer this season and has been a joy to watch. I hardly notice the man's scars at all anymore. I'm so mesmerized by his smile and his obvious joy that I find myself being extremely attracted to the guy! Take it home JR!

Cookie

FORT Fanatic

Nancy should have gotten all 5s or 6s for her dance. The fact that her point total was so close to everyone else's was a sham. Every other dancer was leaps and bounds better then that train wreck she put on. Her fan base disgusts me. How anyone could root for the horrible person she is makes me ill.
    Chyanne Phillips was very good and had one misstep and was kicked off the show. Nancy Grace goes out there and makes a mockery of a dance and stays to get to the final 5 couples. The show is a total joke this season.

Im sure it was brought up pages ago but the music selection this week was also laughable. JR and Karina should have gotten all 10s based on the fact that they had that song. When Derek and Rikkis song started, it took me a good 30 seconds to understand why it was considered a "halloween" song. Because it had the word nightmare in it? So they get a pop song and everyone else gets these lame gimmick songs. Yea, no favorites on this show.

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo47 View Post
    I actually believe that Tristan thinks it's time for Nancy to go. He has to know that she's not as good a dancer as many that are leaving. Add to that the fact that his rehearsal time with her is less than pleasant, this can't be that fulfilling for him anymore.

Similar to Lacey knowing it was Chaz's time, Tristan has to know that Nancy needs to be sent packing.
    I think you are right, although their dance before this one was very good. But, as people vote for Maks to stay and therefore keep Hope in, the same goes for those that vote for the more likable Tristan, it keeps Nancy in.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Giggity22 View Post
    Nancy should have gotten all 5s or 6s for her dance. The fact that her point total was so close to everyone else's was a sham. Every other dancer was leaps and bounds better then that train wreck she put on. Her fan base disgusts me. How anyone could root for the horrible person she is makes me ill.
    Chyanne Phillips was very good and had one misstep and was kicked off the show. Nancy Grace goes out there and makes a mockery of a dance and stays to get to the final 5 couples. The show is a total joke this season.
    I was thinking the same thing. Chynna forgot a few steps, but Nancy flubbed a whole segment of the dance and she totally reminded me of Kate Gosselin. Also, where is Dance Center this season? I hope they haven't eliminated the only part of this show that is genuinely funny, clever and entertaining. Carson would be a great addition to that panel.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Sometimes I think this show is getting to be too focused on the music and not enough on the dancing. I wish they would give the couples their dance for the week and then let them choose the song they're going to use. If they don't want to make it too hard on the singers to learn a song they don't know, they could at least give the stars a range of songs to choose from, say like have a list of 50 tango songs and when a couple has to do the tango, they could select a song from the list.

Plus, they have so many singers on the results show. This is a dancing show so why not feature dancers instead of singers?? Although, honestly, I'd rather they cut back on the results show theaterics and just get right to the scores and eliminations. I stopped watching things like the Emmy Awards because I got tired of all the musical numbers, and then they started nominating their own musical numbers for awards and it was too much! DWTS is getting just about as bad.

I agree with other people that have said they're getting tired of the theme weeks, team routines, backstage angst, etc. I'd rather see more straight dancing, maybe some interviews with the stars to get to know them better and check on their progress, and get rid of Brooke. Tom is at least funny but she adds nothing to the show.

I sort of wish they could mix up partners each week. Have the stars pick a pro's name out of a hat and do their routine with that pro (guys pick from female pro's and girls pick from male pro's), however I know with my own dance experience it's easier to learn quickly with the same instructor. Still, might be kind of interesting to try it one season and see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by indy1945 View Post
    They said that David's daughter was not there last night, so that little girl must have been a niece or a friend. Very similar in appearance to his daughter though.
    I didn't see Courteney and Coco there last night. I remember seeing that little girl they showed last night sitting with the family on another night. You are probably right that it was a niece or friend. Has Courteney attended all the previous results shows? If so, I wonder if she suspected David might be leaving and didn't attend last night so Coco would not get upset.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu
    I never have like Justin Bieber but I have to say I'm glad he has a decent hairstyle now. I would have rather have had Boyz 2 Men on without him.
    That would have been great!
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

This is my first season watching the show. Could anyone please clue me in on how the song selections are made? I have to give the pros a lot of credit to choreographing to some totally unrelated song. The Psycho tango took me by surprise. Being a favorite film of mine, I thought that was bizarre. But I have to say the Ghostbuster tango topped that. I realize song rights can be expensive and in some cases difficult to come by, but some just have me shaking my head.

+ Reply to Thread