+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: 11/1 Results Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

FORT Regular

Re: 11/1 Results Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

I am really disappointed in David and Kim getting voted off. They embodied the pure spirit of the show - avoided the drama from other teams, focused on celebrating dance, working through fears, being vulnerable and thankfully he earned the love of so many of us. Not to mention -the guy danced well! He's getting better and better. It is annoying that Nancy didn't go in front of him. She barely lifted her feet off the floor, she looked like she was walking the jive steps. Why did the judges always seem to score him low. It makes me mad.

I also wonder what Derek did to get all this attention this year...he's now done duets with his sister and a former SYTYCD contestant...and he seems to be able to do no wrong. Even when critiqued they still get all 8's and 9's. I don't get it.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by sunny73 View Post
    I am really disappointed in David and Kim getting voted off. They embodied the pure spirit of the show - avoided the drama from other teams, focused on celebrating dance, working through fears, being vulnerable and thankfully he earned the love of so many of us. Not to mention -the guy danced well! He's getting better and better. It is annoying that Nancy didn't go in front of him. She barely lifted her feet off the floor, she looked like she was walking the jive steps. Why did the judges always seem to score him low. It makes me mad.

I also wonder what Derek did to get all this attention this year...he's now done duets with his sister and a former SYTYCD contestant...and he seems to be able to do no wrong. Even when critiqued they still get all 8's and 9's. I don't get it.
    I'm guessing the show is making up for Derek not being on last season. Maybe he'll get another movie role and take off in the spring. The judges looked like a bunch of groupies. I have a bad feeling Ricki is going to prevail and win over J.R. With David gone, and Maks likely on the verge of leaving (possibly for good ), my interest in this season is gone. Putting Nancy in the real bottom 2 and saying it was real is likely going to spare her next week, meaning Hope is a goner. I don't see her competing with Derek, J.R., or Rob's fanbases. I don't think Maks's fanbase can rival those 3. I also think the insta-dance will be an insta-disaster where Hope and Nancy are concerned.

Nancy getting 3 7s was a sweet Halloweeny gesture. But even Tristan was jumping around like it was a lost cause. David may not have been the best dancer, but I think J.R. is the only one who looks any sort of a dancer this season. He had an amazing attitude and brought a lot of fun, charm, and humor, and he and Kym were just perfect to watch together. I think Nancy really thought she was gone. If Hope is the new Bristol, Nancy must be the new Marie Osmond, since many people felt Marie got to the final 3 by her charity connection to CMN, and saying she would be donating her winnings to them. Nancy, while I think it's incredibly sweet and generous to donate to charity, may be getting by on that. And her rabid fans. And probably anything left over is Tristan.

Sad to see David go. One of my favorites. This season is pretty much done for me after this. I was hoping for anyone but J.R. and David. Tired of the whole Hope & Maks debacle. Used to like them, now it's just too played out.

FORT Fogey

I did not know who Nancy was before this show, is this woman this popular? Why is she still here?

I think Rob and JR are the best dancers left. I never thought I would push for a Kardashian in my face, but he is dancing well. He is a tad immature and that is what is holding him back from being great. He has the talent, but not the work ethic yet, but he deserves the finals.

I am so over Derek with his shirt off always showing off. How many times do we need to see him in another dance other than with his partner? I think part of the problem is the stars ask for him to be their partner because he always wins so the show has to cater to him to get stars. If they would push other pros more, this would stop. I fear Tristan is the next one that will win time and time again as he seems to be gaining huge popularity.

David leaving before Hope and Nancy was just wrong. Hope is so sour all the time, and Nancy is just not good. David was not the best dancer, but he was trying so hard and his attitude was just amazing. I also loved seeing the joy in his daughter's eyes watching him. I think she was having the best time.

I say just give the trophy to Derek because as long as he is on the show he will be in the finals and most likely win.

What a bunch of B.S. that David left and Nancy is still here. I'm fearful that she'll be the Bristol and make it to the F3, or god forbide, the F2. The sad thing is, this just builds Nancy's ego up to make her think she is wonderful. Yuck!

They said that David's daughter was not there last night, so that little girl must have been a niece or a friend. Very similar in appearance to his daughter though.
    NFL1 likes this.

I think JR is the best dancer left, without a doubt. When the season first started, I couldn't even tell whether he was the amateur. He was that good, and that was early in the season! So that's two pluses for JR, for me..he was that good, and that good early on.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

mkp
    FORT Newbie

I think both Nancy and Tristan really expected to go home last night. I expected them too as well, and frankly, even though I worship the ground Tristan dances on, I truly believe it is time for them to exit.

I would have been happy if MacGrace and Maks and Hopeless were in the bottom two, and Maks and Hopeless went home. I could have lived with that. I did not want to see Kym and David go - it's doesn't make sense to me. How big is Nancy's fan base?!?

I had voted for MacGrace all along because of Tristan. But I have to admit that I don't enjoy seeing Tristan dance with Nancy. I haven't in awhile (with the exception of their Broadway number), and I wish they could go out on a high note. But here they are, still hanging around.

It makes we wonder if I should continue to vote for this couple going forward. I suppose the only reason I will continue voting for them is because I want Maks and Hope to exit the show first.

It's a dielmma for sure.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    She and Derek were a joy to watch. Such a beautiful dance.
    Wonderful weren't they. She was perfect, and Derek. wow
    norealityhere likes this.

Unless something amazing happens, I think the F3 will be JR, Ricki and Rob. Nancy and Hope will leave over the next two weeks. Their scores will not be as high and their total score, counting in fan voting, has been lower than the other 3. I know it is all about fan voting, but I have not been very interested in this season at all. Some really good dancers left early (chynna and kristen). Unfortunately, to me, it made it pretty clear from early on who the F2 were going to be. Everyone else is just filler and drama. That is not enjoyable to me and I really haven't watched the show from start to finish since about the third week in. Sad, because this used to be one of my favorite shows - but I really don't like the predictability that early on and I don't like the drama and chaos. In fact that's why I think DWTS was so popular (and is now losing popularity). It used to be a fun reality show that was free of the crap and drama we see on so many other shows. Not anymore.

David did state in one of the post-show interviews that that was his niece in the audience last night.

+ Reply to Thread