+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: 10/31 DWTS13 Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: 10/31 DWTS13 Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

I'm over the pros complaining about the music. Yeah, the music choices usually suck for the dances, but they've all had crappy music choices at one point or another. The one that sticks out in my mind goes back to season 3, when Sara Evans had a jive to These Boots Are Made for Walking.

I agree MF, the audience booing/cheering is old.

I simply refuse to get that cynical about someone's injury before they even dance, or we even get to see the rehearsal clips.
    I usually would, too, except the judges get more and more predictable with their comments. And, as you stated above, with their insults

I take it Len's comment means J.R. won't be at the top tonight. I wonder if this is starting to let fans down that "he's the fans favorite, even if he's not the judges favorite", when someone else wins, or foreshadowing his victory. In the past, when someone set the bar, it wasn't making them push even more. They usually were already there and the judges raved.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    I really like David but at times he seems to have a touch of ADD - he looks to have trouble focusing. But with everything he's gone through I just want to give him a big hug - he's so lovable...
    Maybe that's it. He seems to have a lot of trouble in interviews, and I do feel kind of bad about that, because I know he is sober. He just doesn't always sound like he is, and that must give credence to all kinds of rumors.

Len said again that JR has set the bar so high the last 3 weeks that they expect more from him. Then why weren't they ever in the top spot?
    They have been in the top spot at least twice.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I'm really over this season. It's inevitable that J.R. and Ricki will be the final 2, and whoever has the bigger fanbase will prevail. Either outcome won't be a shock, even though it'll be spun that way. Is it time for the spring season yet?

FORT Fogey

Len said again that JR has set the bar so high the last 3 weeks that they expect more from him. Then why weren't they ever in the top spot?
    It's just a stupid comment. Everyone should be held to the same standard period. One person's ten (or eight or six or three) should be the same as anyone else's. That's like telling an A student that he/she has done incredibly superior work all along but since this last paper was only superior instead of incredibly superior, it's only getting a B. If an A means superior work, then all superior work should get it, even if the paper before that was even better.
    karalott, jucamer and zookeepertx like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Do you suppose it's okay to call CA a brainless bag of bones this week then too?
    "Brainless" Carrie Ann gave JR/Karina 9. Shame on her.
    8s from Len and Bruno.
    Last edited by tango7; 10-31-2011 at 09:00 PM.

OK, Nancy's little tantrum was so fake even Tristan didn't want to play along. That was pathetic.

And she's barely making it through the routine.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    OK, Nancy's little tantrum was so fake even Tristan didn't want to play along. That was pathetic.

And she's barely making it through the routine.
    I kind of hope Nancy goes this week. Not because I want Hope/Maks to stick around, but I just don't see the appeal. She's overpraised and overscored, and I can't remember any routines of hers this season, except the wardrobe malfunction quickstep, and her Spamelot paso.

Looks like they're setting Nancy up for the boot either this week or next.
    jucamer likes this.

7-7-7. Overscored.
    JavaJo likes this.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fogey

Oh my. That was just a perfectly dreadful jive. Really, we have to sit through so many terrible jives, they need to think hard about replacing it with something else next season. The stars seemed to have an easier time with the Lindy Hop the season they used that, and it's also fun to watch.

Yeah! Carson's back next week!

Brooke thinks that was tough criticism from the judges? And each of the judges think there was only a point difference between that and J.R's tango, as imperfect as it may have been? I didn't see all of it, but I certainly saw enough of it to know he had a better handle on Karina's choreography than she had on Tristan's.

Gotta love Tristan's final remark in the packaged footage though: "That was fun, wasn't it?"

+ Reply to Thread