+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: 10/31 DWTS13 Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: 10/31 DWTS13 Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

I am a huge Maks fan, and was very unhappy with his behavior during the group rehearsal. It did border on abuse because of how rough he was with her. As much as I love him, I do not condone that type of behavior from anyone to anyone.

She doesn't put out a vibe as someone I'd really like to hang out with . . . but that doesn't excuse his roughness. Maks - go stand in the corner.

Regarding Maks, I really disliked him seasons ago, came around to liking him, but this season he is back to Evil Maks.

It was really a joy to see Hope dancing with the Troupe guy and then Derrick. I keep wondering what the outcome would have been if Ricki and Hope switched partners. I think Ricki is a better dancer, but with those new pairings they would come out pretty close.

I agree that Mak's treatment of Hope bordered on abusive. And I agree with the comments that a great teacher can adjust styles to their student, especially in a 1:1 situation. Maks can't adjust his style because he is too arrogant--changing would be admitting defeat to his student. Students must bend to his will. He needs to take a season off.

Regarding group dance, as soon as I saw the teams with both Derrick and Maks on the same team I knew the winner. Of the 6 pros, those two are the best choreographers, so to have them on the same team is a big advantage.

I'm tired of Derrick winning, but he gets major points for helping out Hope. As far as we know the producers stepped in and asked him to help, but I still give him credit.

I've been voting for Hope all season, but I fear for her well-being working with Maks and didn't vote for her this week.
    etherealfire likes this.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    Kara said it a few posts above and now you Longhorn - I have to agree. That was an edit job to show Maks "who" is in charge. I wouldn't blame him for not coming back if that is what he chooses. They don't appreciate what a talent they have in him - he deserves better.
    It happened in season 11, after the rehearsal footage aired of him spanking Brandy, the judges called him out, so he called out the editing, and next week, it was even worse. I guess I can see now why the other pros kiss the judges behinds and don't dare question their authority. Maks apologized for the "my show" comment. What would they do without Maks? They'd just find another "bad boy" to portray. I doubt they want a season full of happiness and no drama. I feel sorry for Hope, because it's supposed to be about her (I wonder when the show lost focus on it being about the "star" and not about the pro). Maks seems miserable this season, as he did the last fall season, but I guess he had a better reason for it. If Maks returns, I hope he can get another Kirstie or Mel type partner that can bring out the fun side of him. More sex on a stick comments I wonder if his broken toe and any pain medication he was on might have influenced his mood. At this point, he may not want to be saved, because he may worry what they'll hit him with next week. It's the same song and dance when it comes to editing every season. There's always a couple that tends to get the edit Hope is, and unfortuantely for her, she was the target, and she had the partner with the hot head. What I worry about is, on other sites, some have gone as far as calling Maks a full fledged abuser. Now, I think these are people who don't like Maks anyway, so I don't worry about their comments, but to the casual viewer who tunes in every now and then, they might think that's the real deal. Considering Hope was smiling during that, and the fact the judges didn't call Maks out as they did with Brandy, I think there was a lot of heavy editing going on. Maks crossed the producers last week and the golden one last week, and they got back at him. They didn't have to show that footage, but they did, and probably nothing near the whole context of it. If he leaves, I pity whoever gets put into his role (I'm guessing his poor brother). Hope's defended Maks on her twitter, and I can't believe she'd go to the lengths she has if she really hated him. The pros, yes, but to a point. I voted for them, but I won't be too upset if they leave (I don't care much for Hope anymore), because at least the producers won't have anything to use against Maks next week. I guess Nancy's bad edit is the start of her demise on here.
    Last edited by karalott; 11-01-2011 at 03:22 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    It happened in season 11, after the rehearsal footage aired of him spanking Brandy, the judges called him out, so he called out the editing, and next week, it was even worse. I guess I can see now why the other pros kiss the judges behinds and don't dare question their authority. Maks apologized for the "my show" comment. What would they do without Maks? They'd just find another "bad boy" to portray. I doubt they want a season full of happiness and no drama. I feel sorry for Hope, because it's supposed to be about her (I wonder when the show lost focus on it being about the "star" and not about the pro). Maks seems miserable this season, as he did the last fall season, but I guess he had a better reason for it. If Maks returns, I hope he can get another Kirstie or Mel type partner that can bring out the fun side of him. More sex on a stick comments I wonder if his broken toe and any pain medication he was on might have influenced his mood. At this point, he may not want to be saved, because he may worry what they'll hit him with next week. It's the same song and dance when it comes to editing every season. There's always a couple that tends to get the edit Hope is, and unfortuantely for her, she was the target, and she had the partner with the hot head. What I worry about is, on other sites, some have gone as far as calling Maks a full fledged abuser. Now, I think these are people who don't like Maks anyway, so I don't worry about their comments, but to the casual viewer who tunes in every now and then, they might think that's the real deal. Considering Hope was smiling during that, and the fact the judges didn't call Maks out as they did with Brandy, I think there was a lot of heavy editing going on. Maks crossed the producers last week and the golden one last week, and they got back at him. They didn't have to show that footage, but they did, and probably nothing near the whole context of it. If he leaves, I pity whoever gets put into his role (I'm guessing his poor brother). Hope's defended Maks on her twitter, and I can't believe she'd go to the lengths she has if she really hated him. The pros, yes, but to a point. I voted for them, but I won't be too upset if they leave (I don't care much for Hope anymore), because at least the producers won't have anything to use against Maks next week. I guess Nancy's bad edit is the start of her demise on here.

Maks was in the Bottom 2 that was "not necessarily the bottom 2" according to Tom - which means it wasn't the real bottom 2.
    Most likely Maks and Hope were nowhere close to the bottom 2. It wasn't much of a surprise to us that was going to happen as that was the producers' safest way of getting back at Maks for questioning the judges in such a brazen manner. Personally, I think Hope had nothing to do with being in the fake bottom 2. It was Maks!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Ghostbusters might have been more difficult as a Tango but I don't think the song itself did JR in. To me, the choreography was lacking. If there had been more drama mixed in with JR dancing with a ghost, I think they could have pulled it off. Plus, JR didn't pay as much attention to technique as he should have. The Tango just isn't his dance.

I hated Karina's outfit. It was so unflattering!

Why don't the producers just allow Derek to dance by himself. He is one of the best dancers I've ever seen but tired of all the fawning the judges do over him and his partners. It is not fair to the other celebrities. I don't like Ricki's attitude she thinks she and JR are the only dancers there. Derek makes anyone look good and Ricki isn't half as good as she thinks she is. Rob isn't any better at dancing than Nancy. Maks knows how unfair the judges are, in my opinion, that is why he is having a hard time teaching Hope. I think Hope is a lot better than Rob or Nancy. Maybe Maks knows if Hope isn't perfect the judges will come down on her because of him.
    Last edited by Oceansands; 11-03-2011 at 10:51 AM.
    nanarama and Daisoo like this.

Quote Originally Posted by RickiRick View Post
    Regarding Maks, I really disliked him seasons ago, came around to liking him, but this season he is back to Evil Maks.

It was really a joy to see Hope dancing with the Troupe guy and then Derrick. I keep wondering what the outcome would have been if Ricki and Hope switched partners. I think Ricki is a better dancer, but with those new pairings they would come out pretty close.

I agree that Mak's treatment of Hope bordered on abusive. And I agree with the comments that a great teacher can adjust styles to their student, especially in a 1:1 situation. Maks can't adjust his style because he is too arrogant--changing would be admitting defeat to his student. Students must bend to his will. He needs to take a season off.

Regarding group dance, as soon as I saw the teams with both Derrick and Maks on the same team I knew the winner. Of the 6 pros, those two are the best choreographers, so to have them on the same team is a big advantage.

I'm tired of Derrick winning, but he gets major points for helping out Hope. As far as we know the producers stepped in and asked him to help, but I still give him credit.

I've been voting for Hope all season, but I fear for her well-being working with Maks and didn't vote for her this week.
    Wow, everyone of your statements are right on. I have been a big fan of Maks, but not this season. He has been despicable to Hope. I almost wish she would just sock him. She has the strength...
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

I guess I have a differing opinion. Yes I will admit Maks was my gulity pleasure at least until I realized he was a year older than my son so no more eye candy for me. IMHO I think Hope isn't the easiest person to deal with. Sometimes people really do have 2 left feet. I don't put much into the shoulder "smack". She's a soccer player so I would wager she has been hit with a soccer ball alot harder but whatever...a shrinking violet she sure isn't.

The one that annoys me the most is Nancy. Between the eye fluttering & the smirk I just want to smack my TV. She comes on I change channels. It's weird that someone annoys me more than a Kardashian.
    TIA__MA and nanarama like this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

+ Reply to Thread