+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: 10/31 DWTS13 Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Re: 10/31 DWTS13 Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Though many here will disagree with me, Maks' behavior last night towards Hope during the group dance was unacceptable. It's regularly excused as passion. It's been overlooked with Debi, Brandy, and now Hope. If he's burned out or angry, choose a different situation where he can be the top dog instead of taking it out on his partner.

I'm not a Derek fan, but last night, he outshined Maks in being able to teach someone in an affirming way.

Well, Kudos to Rob and Cheryl, he can do well when he really tries! Good tune to dance to .I think Nancy ( she is shrinking) was bad last night, compared to good last week.Tristan, that music was way way too fast, stupid choice. JR needs to get out of his head, he's over thinking and it shows in his dancing. David, he seems so nervous, and a little manic at times. Hope, well she had fun with the guy from their troupe, and she seemed okay with Derek, but Maks and her UGH!

Ricki did well, Derek makes his partners look great( treats them well as well)

it was just an okay night for me. I have a feeling Nancy may go home, if Hope does, she won't be missed.

I voted for JR like crazy. He's my favorite this season. I think he did not have a good night. That was not nearly as graceful and beautiful as he normally is. Something was off. I thought it before the judges started saying it. I wasn't surprised to hear them mention it.

Poor Nancy, IMO she's improving but will never be a JR. Her Jive last night though was really rough. It looked much better in practice, although not good even there. I've been throwing a vote her way as I thought she deserved to stay over Carson and Chaz, but they are gone and last night I couldn't justify giving her one. I think I'm half in love with Tristan and would like to keep him. I really hope he becomes a pro they keep bringing back.

David, even with his lack of focus (ADHD?) makes me smile. He is good when he's on. It's apparent when he starts to get frantic. His daughter and her joy in his dancing is so cute.

Rob is improving and I think he's learning life stuff as well, not just dancing, but he is kind of boring.

I thought Ricki had the best dance of the night. Usually I prefer JR to her, but I think her lines were beautiful and I liked watching.

Hope is just not a graceful dancer. Something just doesn't work. I think she and Maks are not a good partnership. Even in the package last night she seemed to respond to the 3 others much better (Troupe guy, Cheryl and Derek) and last week seemed to do well with the troupe girls. I don't know that she could ever get significantly better because I think she and Nancy are in the same boat. They can do the steps, but the extra je ne sais quois just isn't there. I wonder though how she would do with a different partner as it seems that Maks isn't getting her to reach all of her potential.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Hope seems to have a very bad attitude and I do agree with the above posters who say that she is used to getting a lot of praise for her physical abilities and totally stiffens up with any kind of criticism. I think maybe that is why she did so well with Teddy, he wasn't pushing her, he wasn't critiqing every little thing she was doing. I think the pros are so used to the critiques that they may not realize that their nondancing partners are maybe super sensitive to them.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

I wonder if part of the difference with Teddy, Derek, Cheryl etc. is that they don't really have anything on the line with Hope, so it's easier for them to be more relaxed with her. At the most, Derek had a little on the line, because he chose them to be on his team. But he wasn't likely to go home, even if they lost the team dance. Hope's success directly reflects on Maks and determines whether he stays in the competition, however, and he may have felt that they had to do well in the team dance because that might very well decide whether they stay or go (and I think he was right about that). I still think they just don't mesh as student/teacher, but there may have been other factors involved that made it easier for the others, who haven't had to work with her all season in a competitive situation, to work with her.

I'd also like to know exactly what upset Maks enough to have him leave. He got an exceptionally bad edit last night, and while I have no doubt that he can be temperamental, I don't think that was entirely accidental either. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Maks take a season off or leave entirely as others have done at this point. He's got other irons in the fire, and I don't think he's enjoying the show much anymore, though he did seem to have much more fun with partners like Kirstie and Erin, whom he did get to the finals and whom he was able to help progress.

I really hope J.R. wins this season. He's a good dancer, he's handling the competition really well, the win could help boost his career, and the show really needs a win by a pro other than those who've won multiple times (Derek, Kym, Cheryl, in terms of who's left in the competition) to keep things interesting and to keep the show about the celebrities who are learning to dance as opposed to the pros themselves.
    karalott and nanarama like this.

I think that the incredibly bad edit that Maks got last night - in the rehearsal footage shown before the individual and groups dances - was very likely a "payback" for Maks being so outspoken about the judges. Otherwise, what was the purpose of showing that "dustup" between him and Len AGAIN last night? Talk about rubbing salt in the wound. Will they ever let that go? And it seemed to me that Maks was not in a good mood last night - period. He wasn't smiling very much, and when he did smile it seemed like a forced smile. Something was definitely off with Maks last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan View Post
    I think that the incredibly bad edit that Maks got last night - in the rehearsal footage shown before the individual and groups dances - was very likely a "payback" for Maks being so outspoken about the judges. Otherwise, what was the purpose of showing that "dustup" between him and Len AGAIN last night? Talk about rubbing salt in the wound. Will they ever let that go? And it seemed to me that Maks was not in a good mood last night - period. He wasn't smiling very much, and when he did smile it seemed like a forced smile. Something was definitely off with Maks last night.

Kara said it a few posts above and now you Longhorn - I have to agree. That was an edit job to show Maks "who" is in charge. I wouldn't blame him for not coming back if that is what he chooses. They don't appreciate what a talent they have in him - he deserves better.
    AZChristian likes this.

One thing I noticed last night was that while Brook was "interviewing" them and while they were waiting for their scores, Maks and Hope wasn't touchy/feely like all the other couples and like Maks has been in the back. He didn't put his arm around Hope, or touch her, or even stand next to her. There was about an inch between them. it is the first time I've noticed it this season.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Personally, it wouldn't hurt my feelings if Maks didn't come back. He's been gruff with a lot of partners in the past. I don't think it's just that he's gotten a bad edit. Maybe he needs to learn to edit himself and think before he speaks or acts.

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out View Post
    Though many here will disagree with me, Maks' behavior last night towards Hope during the group dance was unacceptable. It's regularly excused as passion. It's been overlooked with Debi, Brandy, and now Hope. If he's burned out or angry, choose a different situation where he can be the top dog instead of taking it out on his partner.

I'm not a Derek fan, but last night, he outshined Maks in being able to teach someone in an affirming way.
    I said that two weeks ago. He does need a break, I dont know what else he would do.But bad edit or not, his behaviour toward his partner is not something I care to watch, not at all.
    etherealfire likes this.

+ Reply to Thread