+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree122Likes

Thread: 10/25 Results Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Re: 10/25 Results Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    [snipped]... And obviously, his "my show" came out wrong. But I suppose that'll be held against him forever. I don't believe he really meant it's his show.
    I agree. When I heard it, I interpreted Maks to be saying DWTS is the show I live for, my family ...kind of like if I say the San Francisco 49ers is my team.
    AZChristian likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders View Post
    I really hope that Hope leaves next week. I hate her attitude and Maks' little baby hissy-fits! I know most people here like him & Hope, but I am definitely not a fan anymore!
    Its like he was the only one criticised, which is wrong. I dont like him, I dont see whats so special about him at all.
    mkp likes this.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama View Post
    [snipped]...
    As far as "Maks-gate" is concerned, I think Maks' comments came from frustration with the uneven judging - and it has been very uneven. ....He's a passionate person and one whom people tend to like or hate.There have been times when I when I haven't been a big fan of his, but this isn't one of them.
    As far as the other pros, my estimations of some of them have taken a dive since this happened. Louis, Karina and Derek said things I didn't care for. To me, when something happens to a fellow dancer, I think the best thing would be to keep your mouth shut if you didn't agree, not throw him under a bus. I was liking Karina better this season and planned to vote for JR after David and Hope left, but I really don't like the way JR and Karina handled the situation. I may still vote to help them over Ricki who has really gotten on my nerves - or I may just stop watching. We all like different things but, though judging has an element of subjectivity, these scores and comments have been unbelievable.
    I agree re the uneven judging. I'd like to keep Len and try out some new judges. CA is nothing but annoying to me. I used to enjoy Bruno's witty alliterations (and marvel at his grasp of the nuances of English as a non-native speaker), but his evaluations are now so over-the-top that they're tiresome. Get some more judges who know something about ballroom dancing - surely there are plenty of people out there with the knowledge, verbal skills, and personality to do this. (I did think it was pretty funny that Maks said the judges were judgmental - duh!)

I haven't watched last night's show yet, so I'll have to see what JR and Karina say... JR's my guy [this doesn't mean I think he revolves around me!], so I hope I won't be too disappointed.

mkp
    FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by VAgirl79 View Post
    HLN and their shows are supporting her BIG time, so in a way I am not surprised. On the flip side, HLN is not exactly a high rated network, so it's hard to imagine it being that big of a help to her. I think part of it is she is still technically better than, say, Rob, and there is the Tristan factor. I adore him! My favorite new male pro since Derek first came on the show (that was back when I actually liked Derek...). I have never voted for them, but I bet some fans are voting for that duo for Tristan alone.
    So true! I have been voting for this couple only because of Tristan. I think that is where their strength is coming from. However, I will say that this couple has a very good partnership. They really seem to compliment each other. I have enjoyed almost all their dances too (with the excpetion of the PD and Rumba), and Tristan choreographs to Nancy's strengths. She has gotten better, lost tons of weight, and looks fabulous! I think people are really coming around to Nancy and seeing a different side of her.

Tristan is such a breath of fresh air - handsome, talented and unpretentious, he goes about doing his job with no other thought except what is best for his partner. What a surprise! And in such contrast to Maks, who is just dragging the show down nowadays.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mkp View Post
    I think people are really coming around to Nancy and seeing a different side of her.
    IMO, many people who have negative opinions of Nancy have only seen her nightly show. I don't like her on that show, either. But anyone who has seen her syndicated daytime show, Swift Justice, has also seen that softer side (unless someone is DESERVING of a tongue-lashing, which Nancy is NOT afraid to provide).

I have found it interesting that there seemed to be NO difference of opinion as to Khate G after her "performances" on DWTS, but many have indicated that they are finding a softer side to Nancy that has surprised them. And it's refreshing that people can admit a change of mind.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I didn't have any opinion of Nancy Grace before her being on Dancing With the Stars because I hadn't heard of her until then. I don't like the bad attitude she's shown in her rehearsals with Tristan. Her dancing hasn't been bad, though, so if she just shuts up and dances, I'll be ok with her staying on the show a bit longer. Not so I can watch her, so I can watch Tristan!

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    IMO, many people who have negative opinions of Nancy have only seen her nightly show. I don't like her on that show, either. But anyone who has seen her syndicated daytime show, Swift Justice, has also seen that softer side (unless someone is DESERVING of a tongue-lashing, which Nancy is NOT afraid to provide).

I have found it interesting that there seemed to be NO difference of opinion as to Khate G after her "performances" on DWTS, but many have indicated that they are finding a softer side to Nancy that has surprised them. And it's refreshing that people can admit a change of mind.
    I think she is learning as she goes. Not just dance. They all have their little spats and arguments .But when she came out Monday night, that lady was more than prepared. I applaud her for trying( unlike some others)
    AZChristian likes this.

FORT Fanatic

What a baby Chaz is. I just saw an after interview where he whines that the judges were extra hard on him each week. They spent weeks lying to him and sugar coating each performance and thats what kept him there this long. If you are going to be someone who publically goes through a gender change, you would think you can take a couple sarcastic comments. Especially when you are doing a terrible job at what youre supposed to be doing.
    I lost a good deal of respect for him hearing him cry like that. Now go back to being a nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by Giggity22 View Post
    What a baby Chaz is. I just saw an after interview where he whines that the judges were extra hard on him each week. They spent weeks lying to him and sugar coating each performance and thats what kept him there this long. If you are going to be someone who publically goes through a gender change, you would think you can take a couple sarcastic comments. Especially when you are doing a terrible job at what youre supposed to be doing.
    I lost a good deal of respect for him hearing him cry like that. Now go back to being a nobody.
    I thought Chaz did really really well. He knows hes not in the best shape, but I think Monday he gave it his best! and they didnt complain while the judges were speaking.Well done Chaz!
    JavaJo likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post
    I agree. When I heard it, I interpreted Maks to be saying DWTS is the show I live for, my family ...kind of like if I say the San Francisco 49ers is my team.
    Maks was on GMA this morning, and he once again apologized for the "my show" remark, saying what was in his head came out wrong, and that he did intend it to mean that it was his show in the sense that it was his show, just as it is the show of everyone who participates on it regularly, because it becomes something of a second home or family. I tend to believe that, since the comments right after the "my show" remark had to do with including the rest of the cast as co-owners, so to speak, of the show. Besides, he was upset and English wasn't his first language, and it is possible that's not what he actually meant, given the context of the remarks.

However, on GMA, he very explicitly said that's all he had to apologize for, and then he really let loose with both barrels. He pointed out that the judges are allowed to make whatever insulting comments they like about the dancers (he specifically mentioned "comparing us to animals") without apologizing, and yet they aren't allowed to say anything in return, which is basically true. Bruno never apologized on air (or at all, really) for his revolting pussy remark with regard to Karina last years, for instance. The most he said was that English wasn't his first language and he didn't mean pussy in that sense. Personally, I find it kind of hard to believe that Bruno, the king of the double entendre, didn't know that's how the word pussy could be taken, but even if he didn't, he could still have told Karina that he was sorry he inadvertently offended her. Then, when they asked him about what he thought of other dancers going to the judges afterwards and apologizing for his (Maks') remarks, he let loose on Derek, who apparently did exactly that. He said that if he'd been given Nicole, Jennifer, and Ricki in a row as partners, he might find the judges' marks and comments "fair" too. Man, it's going to be interesting in the celebraquariam this week. Seems to me it would be a very good idea to bring Carson back, because Brooke will just stupidly fan the flames, whereas Carson might be able to keep everyone laughing.

Later, they had Lacey and Chaz on, and they both (wisely, IMO) politely refused to make any kind of comments with regard to what Maks had just said. Lacy did say, however, that the judging has been unfair and inconsistent, and Chaz reiterated his earlier statement that overweight women are praised for losing weight on the show, but he was compared to things that are round--Ewoks, basketballs, penguins etc. (though, really, I don't think penguins are exactly round)--because he's a guy. I've been trying to remember--were the Woz or Kyle or Warren treated similarly, because they were all heavier male contestants? Kyle and Warren were, obviously, much better dancers, which may have mitigated those remarks, but the Woz certainly wasn't. I also saw a clip of Lacey on E! saying that the judges have their favorite couples and she and Chaz just weren't that this season. Realistically, though, however sensitive Chaz has been to Bruno's remarks, they may not have been absolute judging favorites, but they were, for the most part, treated more gently than a number of people have been this season or in past seasons, including people who were better dancers.
    Last edited by Tilden; 10-26-2011 at 12:28 PM.
    Kip and AZChristian like this.

+ Reply to Thread