+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree122Likes

Thread: 10/25 Results Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: 10/25 Results Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by VAgirl79 View Post
    Normally I don't think folks on Twitter have that much power to influence the vote, but considering the amount of teenyboppers and tweens with "Bieber Fever" (am I the only 20-something who thinks our "teen idols" in the late 90s were far superior to this kid? ), yup, I could see this impacting the vote. Although IMO, Rob didn't deserve to go this week, so at least she didn't do that, say, next week. Next week, barring major improvement, he should go.
    I saw this on Jimmy Kimmel and didn't know if it was for real or a joke on Jimmy's part. Wow, how desperate is that family? It's why I'm not sure if Rob's improvement and nice guy arc are an editing act or the real thing. He got a bad edit the first week, and was being portrayed as a sexist pig who was lazy and Cheryl was having to hunt down to rehearse. His first week he got horrible scores and comments (rightfully so). Then the next week, suddenly, he's Mr. Effort and Rehearsal who's improving every week? I think Rob has gotten better, so I'll give him that. I still don't think he's deserved some of the hype, praise, and scores, but I could apply that to every couple this season. They must have their puppies being held hostage by the Kardashian family or something. It's not like anyone's driving the ratings, so there's no reason for Rob to stick around, but Ricki and J.R. are the final 2, and Rob could be the little Kardashian that could (or so they say) and have him land in 3rd. And in the final find someone to score him low enough so he doesn't pull an upset. I really hope he's the last one from that family that's on this show. I think I'd be scared to cross Justin Bieber fans. Didn't Kim get death threats once for showing up in pics with him?

I'm still betting on Hope next week, Nancy the following week, then either Rob or David. I think the finals will be Ricki, J.R., and one of the other guys. But I'm surprised somewhat Nancy's still here, so...next week is going to be interesting. Their punching bag in Carson is gone, now the blow up with Maks, Ricki and J.R. aren't going anywhere, so either they turn on Nancy or show Hope the door. I feel sorry for her, truthfully. She can't win.

I'll agree to disagree on what Maks meant. I don't think he meant it like it sounded, because if he did, I don't think he would have apologized for it. Not to mention, when he did the whole "it's my show" last night, he was acknowledging all the pros and contestants who've been on there. Makes me wonder if the other pros really didn't agree with him or didn't want to admit it. Derek saw what it did to him during season 6, so he might have just had his best interest out there.

ETA: Dang, I didn't realize CA made her living off of reality shows. I wonder what years she choreographed Miss America. I don't really know how she got the judge over others (I'd like to know who she beat out) but I doubt the producers expected the show to be such a hit and last 13 seasons. I wish they'd replaced her early on.
    anemone likes this.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

I really hope that Hope leaves next week. I hate her attitude and Maks' little baby hissy-fits! I know most people here like him & Hope, but I am definitely not a fan anymore!
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain View Post
    Leave it to Kim K to think up a stunt like this. She duped people into calling in to vote for Rob.

Kim Kardashian Blasted For Justin Bieber 'Phone Number' Prank - Celebrity Gossip, News & Photos, Movie Reviews, Competitions - Entertainmentwise
    That's just trashy. And typical. They should ban the whole family from the shows, they're just obnoxious. What do people see in this bunch?
    karalott, Tobi, Rattus and 4 others like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    That's just trashy. And typical. They should ban the whole family from the shows, they're just obnoxious. What do people see in this bunch?
    When you find out, can you let me know? I've never figured it out, either. I wonder if they'll be able to continue riding the wave of fame and opportunities after their reality show ends and people move on, or if they'll go the way Paris Hilton, Speidi, and where the Jersey Shore crew is heading.

I kind of can't wait for Rob to show up on Kimmel. First Khloe disses Elisabetta the first week after she survived and Rob landed in the fake bottom 3, and now this. I think Rob's still a little worm underneath it all. But I'd like to think there's one tolerable Kardashian out there.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I'm not a Kardashian fan, either. I never even heard of the clan until Kim was on Dancing With the Stars and now they're everywhere! Ugh!! They may return back under whatever they rock they crawled out from under anytime and I won't miss them.

I was surprised to hear Chaz (on Jimmy Kimmel) say he only practiced 3 hours a day with Lacey (and he said he practiced alone as well). Don't we always here the celebs say they practice 8-10 hours a day WITH their partners? That could explain a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by VAgirl79 View Post
    I fully understand being protective of your child, but still. Her son was treated more than generously, while people like Carson were insulted far worse for their dancing than Chaz ever was. Just silly, IMO.
    But Chaz WASN'T upset at being insulted for his dancing; it was the personal insults that seemed to get to him. I was shocked & offended on his behalf for the Ewok & the penguin comments. Chaz looks how he looks; he can't become svelte & gorgeous overnight. He knows what he looks like & doesn't need to be ridiculed for no other reason than just to have something (allegedly) clever to garner more attention for yourself, Bruno! (You think Bruno can hear me? LOL!)
    Rattus likes this.

FORT Fogey

I get that Chaz was hurt by the comments and that no one can determine how he feels but him. But in comparison to some of the things that were said to other dancers, I think he's being overly sensitive. Most of the objectionable comments came from Bruno, and they were typical Bruno comments. Bruno critiques with analogies, and uses his silly comparisons to create a visual of what he means. He does it with everyone in every season. Chaz could have known going into the show that he'd be subjected to such comments, and could have turned the show down if he didn't want to be a part of it. Other people were told week after week that they were horrible dancers, while he was treated very gently. The pengiun comment came from the fact that he was wearing a tux, often referred to as a penguin suit. He wasn't being called an animal in a derogatory way. You can find offense in any comment if you choose to search for it, and I think Chaz got swept up in the hurt that other contestants were feeling, and decided to search some out himself.
    BTW and Tobi like this.

In Chaz's defense (and I wasn't a fan of his dancing AT ALL,) perhaps the comments bothered him more because, being different, he's faced a lot of name calling and teasing in his life. This could make him more sensitive to that type of remark.
    As far as "Maks-gate" is concerned, I think Maks' comments came from frustration with the uneven judging - and it has been very uneven. When he made his comment to Len about retiring, I think it was mostly in jest - they are golfing buddies, after all. CA and, to a lesser extent, Bruno, ratcheted things up a bit and it went on from there. IMO, his comment about it being "his show" came out wrong and that's why he apologised last night. He's a passionate person and one whom people tend to like or hate.There have been times when I when I haven't been a big fan of his, but this isn't one of them.
    As far as the other pros, my estimations of some of them have taken a dive since this happened. Louis, Karina and Derek said things I didn't care for. To me, when something happens to a fellow dancer, I think the best thing would be to keep your mouth shut if you didn't agree, not throw him under a bus. I was liking Karina better this season and planned to vote for JR after David and Hope left, but I really don't like the way JR and Karina handled the situation. I may still vote to help them over Ricki who has really gotten on my nerves - or I may just stop watching. We all like different things but, though judging has an element of subjectivity, these scores and comments have been unbelievable.
    Moontat and AZChristian like this.

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders View Post
    I really hope that Hope leaves next week. I hate her attitude and Maks' little baby hissy-fits! I know most people here like him & Hope, but I am definitely not a fan anymore!
    The problem is though - how can you be positive when all you get is criticism from all three judges even when you DO try hard? This was admittedly Hope's best dance this week (good or bad notwithstanding) and yet she's bashed a lot for it. I mean - you could tell she was enjoying herself for once, and what do they do? - go after her.

As I've said Maks is outspoken, but he's very rarely spoken out like this. I've noticed he only does it when it's very obvious something is wrong or off in the judging or how the judges are treating people.

So... next week will be interesting. The duo do NOT have Chaz to use as a fallback on the comparisons of fair judging, and Rob and Nancy I dare say are currently better dancers than Hope, so if they're criticized it'll be no doubt for that reason.

BTW, as far as the whole issue with Karina agreeing - to be fair I can see her do it in order to curry the judges favor and possibly keep the duo from being knocked down enough to lose this contest. She too hasn't gotten the respect she deserves for her dancing (See last year with Ralph being ousted by the judges' golden boy Mark and Chelsea by a controversial winner take all dance). By far, they're the better dancers of the lot.

+ Reply to Thread