+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree122Likes

Thread: 10/25 Results Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Re: 10/25 Results Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    I am totally flabberghasted that Nancy is still here

It's a head scratcher for me as well. I just don't get the adoration from the judges, the scores or the audience votes. But I am pretty biased when it comes to Nancy ... ever since Richard Ricci, then the Duke LaCross Team, declaring them guilty nightly, and refusing to apologize when she was proven wrong.

It was about time that Chaz went home. You could see that his heart was not in it. I saw the same thing when he was on Celebrity Fit Club. Maybe Chaz needs to spend some time on the ranch with Bob (Biggest Loser reference). Somebody needs to kick Chaz in the butt about loving himself and finding his inner athlete.
    mandmmom2 likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    I keep losing my posts - what a pain!

Me, too!

I give up.

But SOMETHING is CLEARLY wrong with this site.

I didn't THINK it was just me!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

My burning question of the night. Is it possible for Brooke to actually walk in that dress? Looks like she was poured into it and then they just put her on a dolly and push her where they want her to go.

Can someone explain to me how CA is qualified to be a judge on this show..didn't she just dance in a squad or something? Len has been instructing and working in ballroom for five decades and all the pros are, well, pros. I guess what Im thinking here is this: I dance at clubs but I don't know sh*t (or crap if this needs to be edited) about ballroom technique and dancing...but could I still maybe get a job on the panel? Doesn't seem like they are looking for a lot of experience in the application/resume department. AND, I can certainly "ooohh" and "ahhhh" at choreography and make meaningless comments with the best of them. I would also consider climbing up Derek's butt and making a nice home there if the money was right. Most importantly, if someone [I]dares[I] to raise their foot in the air I can scream "LIFT, LIFT(!!!), oh no..hide yo kids, hide yo wives, its a LIFT (aka the worst sin in ballroom dancing apparently (or, perhaps, the only rule CA is familiar with)). Someone sign me up!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384 View Post
    Can someone explain to me how CA is qualified to be a judge on this show..didn't she just dance in a squad or something? Len has been instructing and working in ballroom for five decades and all the pros are, well, pros. I guess what Im thinking here is this: I dance at clubs but I don't know sh*t (or crap if this needs to be edited) about ballroom technique and dancing...but could I still maybe get a job on the panel? Doesn't seem like they are looking for a lot of experience in the application/resume department. AND, I can certainly "ooohh" and "ahhhh" at choreography and make meaningless comments with the best of them. I would also consider climbing up Derek's butt and making a nice home there if the money was right. Most importantly, if someone [I]dares[I] to raise their foot in the air I can scream "LIFT, LIFT(!!!), oh no..hide yo kids, hide yo wives, its a LIFT (aka the worst sin in ballroom dancing apparently (or, perhaps, the only rule CA is familiar with)). Someone sign me up!
    I was wondering if showing CA reassuring Len that she'll always stick up for him, and the 'how dare he!' expressions when Maks said it was 'his show', if they weren't trying to make the judges look better than they are. It's hard for the judges to ask for respect, and then get a package from Chaz calling out Bruno's name calling. I don't know if it was a poor choice of words comparing Chaz to a penguin, just like the pussy comment towards Karina last season. But it's not his first slip of the tongue. Not to mention his blow up with Michael Bolton. I remember him calling Louie Vito a hobbit during season 9. And that calls for respect and constructive criticism? Bruno can be somewhat tolerated. I think Len is tired and over this season. He plays two different roles on our show and then Strictly, so maybe he can't remember what he's supposed to do. He didn't seem as upset as CA and Bruno over Maks's rant. I'm sure they'll have the Stooges Express ready to run over Hope next week, and finish her off. It's all about Ricki and J.R. for the judges, and I guess it depends on the judge where Rob stands. I think Hope is the next to go, followed by Nancy, and then either David or Rob. With Chaz out, I'm thinking Rob may wind up in the finals. I really don't need to hear his family screaming during his freestyle. And someone mentioned it in last night's thread, but I did see Kim and Kourtney sitting there, sour expressions on their faces, when another couples (Nancy?), got a standing O. Any credibility the judges had it shot this season. What do they score on? I guess it depends on the couples. I do think they take it out on a celeb if they don't like their pro, just like they'll hoist a celeb up if they do. They reward one person for entertaining, but being a lousy dancer, yet tells another couple they didn't need all the entertainment and humor. They've been inconsistant for a few seasons now, but this one is the absolute worst. And CA is the worst of them all! I think the judges were far too kind to Chaz in terms of not calling out his dancing as being horrible, but I think they can be fun and entertaining, without being hurtful, and still give out constructive criticism. Len manages to do it.
    Last edited by karalott; 10-25-2011 at 11:50 PM.

Leave it to Kim K to think up a stunt like this. She duped people into calling in to vote for Rob.

Kim Kardashian Blasted For Justin Bieber 'Phone Number' Prank - Celebrity Gossip, News & Photos, Movie Reviews, Competitions - Entertainmentwise
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain View Post
    Leave it to Kim K to think up a stunt like this. She duped people into calling in to vote for Rob.

Kim Kardashian Blasted For Justin Bieber 'Phone Number' Prank - Celebrity Gossip, News & Photos, Movie Reviews, Competitions - Entertainmentwise
    Normally I don't think folks on Twitter have that much power to influence the vote, but considering the amount of teenyboppers and tweens with "Bieber Fever" (am I the only 20-something who thinks our "teen idols" in the late 90s were far superior to this kid? ), yup, I could see this impacting the vote. Although IMO, Rob didn't deserve to go this week, so at least she didn't do that, say, next week. Next week, barring major improvement, he should go.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    CA was talking to Tom and saying she didn't want Len or any of them getting talked to liked that. Show some respect, and you'll get it. Maks may have been out of line, but CA should have zipped it and let it play out. I think Maks was joking. And obviously, his "my show" came out wrong. But I suppose that'll be held against him forever. I don't believe he really meant it's his show.
    Maks knew exactly what he was saying.
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384 View Post
    Can someone explain to me how CA is qualified to be a judge on this show..didn't she just dance in a squad or something?
    Or something? Actually, if you're curious about her background you can google her.

Among other things,
    Inaba has choreographed several television series, including American Idol, American Juniors, All American Girl, He's a Lady, In Search of the Partridge Family (in which she also appeared on air), Married by America, The Sexiest Bachelor in America Pageant, The Swan, and Who Wants to Marry a Multi-Millionaire?. She also choreographed the Miss America Pageant for five years.

+ Reply to Thread