+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516
Like Tree122Likes

Thread: 10/25 Results Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 10/25 Results Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    Switching up partners... It'd put the focus back in the celeb, where it should be, and prevent a pro's fans from giving them the win even if they don't like their partner. Plus, it might really show how inconsistant the judges are if they love a celeb some weeks, but being paired with other pros that some of us think the judges aren't fond of other weeks. And it would eliminate the celebs asking for a certain pro and thinking they'll have an advantage.
    I like the idea of swapping partners, but then which celeb would go home?? The one paired "unfortunately" that week with the lowest voted celeb? There could be MORE voting for the pro rather than less...

Also, I'd LOVE to see the judging giving comments, but NO scores, then it would be up to US rather than inconsistent scoring.

^ I was thinking the same thing -- I 'd like to see a week where the pros and celebs switch, but only if it was a week with no elimination. There's no way they could make it fair to whoever went home.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    Also in that quote from Derek was the reason he was surprised -- he mentioned his own outburst, and how he regretted his behavior almost immediately after doing it. So he's not a hypocrite, he was speaking from his own experience. And he's not the only one who the judges have been 'generous' to -- in fact, I think he & Ricki have been scored fairly accurately, while people like Nancy and Rob have been getting Christmas presents almost weekly.
    Oh~ Okay, my mistake, sorry about that I probably skim the words (a bad habit of mine Dx)
    But, I still stand by Maks because I believe he's been saying what most of us has been thinking.

BTW---Karalott, I have to thank-you because when I was searching this site 2 days ago I couldn't find the link, until I remembered your unique username, I was then able to find it. xD Thanks!

This is Derek's 8th Season and the lowest he's finished was out at the 7th week with Shannon Elizabeth, with average score of 24.5,
    21 the first week, being the lowest. He's won 3 times and went out Week 9 in the others. NOW, his talent
    contributed greatly but you have to admit, he's had no duds, so he has NEVER been in any of the other Pro's shoes.

His and Ricki's first dance got him a 20, possibly due to the weak field this time. Week 2 he and Joanna plummeted from a 24 and got a 20 on their Jive. Oh, and Week 6, he and Jennifer got a 20 on their Paso but that was only to make it look like they weren't running away with it. We may rest assured that he will win or come in second this season.

Season 5 - Jennie Garth - First Week Score - 21 - Average 25.7
    Season 6 - Shannon Elizabeth - 21 - Average 24.5 .................(out Week 7)
    Season 7 - Brooke Burke - 23 - Average 27.1
    Season 8 - Lil' Kim - 21 - Average 25.8
    Season 9 - Joanna Krupa - 24 - Average 25.5
    Season 10 - Nicole Scherzinger - 25 - Average 27.5
    Season 11 - Jennifer Gray - 24 - Average 27.2
    Season 13 - Ricki Lake - 20 - Average 25.33
    karalott, nanarama and jucamer like this.

I think Shannon Elizabeth and Joanna Krupa were both fairly dud-like. I wouldn't rate Shannon as being any better than Kim Kardashian, but Derek somehow got her to go fairly far, maybe mostly on his own popularity. Joanna was stiff and awkward, and I never got why the judges liked her as well as they did. It may have just been that they were playing favorites. I guess my point is that Derek has had duds, and it didn't seem to make much difference when it comes to staying in the game.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    I think Shannon Elizabeth and Joanna Krupa were both fairly dud-like. I wouldn't rate Shannon as being any better than Kim Kardashian, but Derek somehow got her to go fairly far, maybe mostly on his own popularity. Joanna was stiff and awkward, and I never got why the judges liked her as well as they did. It may have just been that they were playing favorites. I guess my point is that Derek has had duds, and it didn't seem to make much difference when it comes to staying in the game.
    I don't know if Shannon Elizabeth and Joanna Krupa were considered "duds" if you compare them to the likes of Kate Goesslin, Wendy Williams, etc. I guess they are duds if you compare them to Derek's latest partners :/
    karalott, Nice'n'Easy and jucamer like this.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Would you please move the Derek discussion to his and Rikki's thread. It is going too far off topic for the show discussion.

Thanks
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

The swapping idea has been my idea for season after season. All they would have to do is pick a pro randomly out of a hat, and no professional goes home. They have a huge pool that they draw from, and the lowest scoring celebrity goes home. Maks could be with the lowest, but still stay in the pool to draw from. They have their pros do dances with the guest singers so why would it be a big deal to have they randomly dance with the stars like they randomly dance with the guests?
    AZChristian likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton View Post
    The swapping idea has been my idea for season after season. All they would have to do is pick a pro randomly out of a hat, and no professional goes home. They have a huge pool that they draw from, and the lowest scoring celebrity goes home. Maks could be with the lowest, but still stay in the pool to draw from. They have their pros do dances with the guest singers so why would it be a big deal to have they randomly dance with the stars like they randomly dance with the guests?
    Now this is an idea I can buy. They could try it for one season and see what happens. It would be VERY interesting to see how the voting would go.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton View Post
    Actually, if they used the pros not selected that week in the pro dances for the week, they could cut down on the size of their current "troupe" who does only pro dancing and save some money. They'd still need to have some of them around, which would give them the opportunity to replace pros who leave for other opportunities fairly easily, but they'd be paying fewer of them. It would also halve the work. The pros who were teaching that week could be relieved of the necessity of learning a pro dance as well and vice versa.

They could also do something like have the final three get to choose their partner for the finals, just to eliminate the possibility of anyone having to dance with someone with whom they just had no rapport for the finale.
    AZChristian likes this.

+ Reply to Thread