+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516 LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 160
Like Tree122Likes

Thread: 10/25 Results Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

  1. #121
    Magical Elf MFWalkoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    17,460

    Re: 10/25 Results Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by Daisoo View Post
    Did anyone read that Derek was "extremely surprised" by Maks outburst? Wow, didn't he forget he had an outburst a few years ago? Talk about hyprocrite.

    This one made me laugh, he also said " the judges are very generous" no sh*t, it only applies to to him as he's the goldenboy, can't stand this guy at all.
    Also in that quote from Derek was the reason he was surprised -- he mentioned his own outburst, and how he regretted his behavior almost immediately after doing it. So he's not a hypocrite, he was speaking from his own experience. And he's not the only one who the judges have been 'generous' to -- in fact, I think he & Ricki have been scored fairly accurately, while people like Nancy and Rob have been getting Christmas presents almost weekly.
    karalott and Fanny Mare like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

  2. #122
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    23,411

    Re: 10/25 Results Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by indy1945 View Post
    I think Maks gets away with some of his outbursts because he is a nice looking guy and women droll over him. I used to, but I've grown tired of his antics and his mouth. The judges aren't fair but that's the way the show has gone and I don't see it changing.
    No drooling here*shudder*..he needs to grow up! if most can stand there and take it, then he should be able to.I thought their moves to the song from rent were boring zzzzzzz.Pus those boots and that silly poncho were awful! no wonder she couldn't dance ( at all)
    Debb70 likes this.

  3. #123
    *Until Next Season...* karalott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Posts
    17,606

    Re: 10/25 Results Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    Also in that quote from Derek was the reason he was surprised -- he mentioned his own outburst, and how he regretted his behavior almost immediately after doing it. So he's not a hypocrite, he was speaking from his own experience. And he's not the only one who the judges have been 'generous' to -- in fact, I think he & Ricki have been scored fairly accurately, while people like Nancy and Rob have been getting Christmas presents almost weekly.
    That we can agree on (except the part about Ricki). Truthfully, I think everyone except J.R. has been overscored throughout the season. The problem is, giving horrible dancers high scores meaning better but still mediocre dancers also get overscored. Chaz has been lucky to get the scores he has, because his best 2 dances were the first 2 weeks, and even then he didn't deserve anything over 20. Nancy in no way deserved a 9 this week. Rob's been beyond overscored and overpraised since week 2. I think Derek probably worries about the backlash Maks might face because they're friends. I doubt it'll cause Maks any harm with the show or his reputation; people who didn't like him will call him out, those who love him thinks he's a martyr. I don't go that far, but I think he had a point. Derek's outburst was in a different context, and Shannon was in on it, but I guess he was making the same point that the judges weren't judging fairly or consistantly.
    Last edited by karalott; 10-26-2011 at 05:16 PM.

  4. #124
    FORT Fogey zookeepertx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    NE TX
    Posts
    1,255

    Re: 10/25 Results Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by TIA__MA View Post
    What kind of irritated me the most was hearing that other pros were approaching the judges and apologizing on Maks' behalf. While I blanched a bit at the "my show" remark, I thought he was spot on with his assessment and I don't believe he needs to apologize for anything. The only person who should be apologizing (if at all) for Maks is Maks.
    I'm so glad I didn't hear that live or I'd be without a working TV, because I'd have probably kicked it! Maks is a grown man & can apologize for himself, if he sees fit. Nobody else has the power to apologize for ANYBODY. The only reason for ANY of them to have done so is just to draw even more attention to themselves. "Look at MEEEEE! Maks offended the poor widdle judges, but *I* will pat their heads, ( at the cameras) and make it all better! (And wave at the cameras. And troll for brownie points on the next show) "
    karalott, GabbyG, TIA__MA and 1 others like this.

  5. #125
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,772

    Re: 10/25 Results Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

    Did anyone else notice that when they showed footage of the judges discussing Hope's rumba after the confrontation that they all agreed that it was terrible and no better than Chaz's tango? If that's the case, why did Hope get one more point than Chaz did? Obviously one of them had to have given her a point more than he/she gave Chaz, because I don't recall any of her individual scores being lower than any of Chaz's individual scores. I bring this up only to point out that they're showing their own inconsistency in scoring--if it was equally bad, shouldn't the scores have been exactly the same?

    A could of other things have occurred to me. Chaz has said repeatedly that overweight men get treated differently on the show than overweight women do. I'm not sure I believe that's true, since some heavier guys have done quite well on the show. However, Chaz actually may be the only one qualified to judge whether an overweight man or woman is treated better on a reality show, since he appeared on Celebrity Fit Club when he was still Chastity. I don't think anyone else has been on reality television as both a man and a woman have they?

    I was also reading a blog associated with a newspaper on-line, and the blogger referred to Hope as looking like a "tranny." Isn't it bizarre that someone would write that when there is an actual transgendered person in the competition?

  6. #126
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,772

    Re: 10/25 Results Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

    I just realized I forgot to mention that in Lacey/Chaz's interview on GMA, the last thing they were asked was who they would be supporting now that they were out of the competition, and they both immediately responded, "J.R." Chaz also added that since he liked everyone in the cast, he simply had to go with the best dancer, and that was J.R. Lacey agreed that she'd seen J.R. as a potential winner from his first dance, and they both concurred that the fact that he's a really nice guy and a war hero doesn't hurt either.

    Perhaps some of Chaz's fans may support J.R. then too, now that he's out of the competition. Certainly J.R. has always been very friendly towards, and supportive of, Chaz in the competition.

  7. #127
    Magical Elf MFWalkoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    17,460

    Re: 10/25 Results Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    That we can agree on (except the part about Ricki). Truthfully, I think everyone except J.R. has been overscored throughout the season. The problem is, giving horrible dancers high scores meaning better but still mediocre dancers also get overscored. Chaz has been lucky to get the scores he has, because his best 2 dances were the first 2 weeks, and even then he didn't deserve anything over 20. Nancy in no way deserved a 9 this week. Rob's been beyond overscored and overpraised since week 2. I think Derek probably worries about the backlash Maks might face because they're friends. I doubt it'll cause Maks any harm with the show or his reputation; people who didn't like him will call him out, those who love him thinks he's a martyr. I don't go that far, but I think he had a point. Derek's outburst was in a different context, and Shannon was in on it, but I guess he was making the same point that the judges weren't judging fairly or consistantly.
    I'm not so sure they're such good friends, or at least not anymore. Maks commented on GMA this morning about Derek's reaction, and he said that Derek is someone who is looking out for his "career" (and then he went into his sour-grapes rant about how Derek gets all the ringers, which I thought was kind of cheap no matter how much you may agree with it). He mentioned that Tony was his closest friend and that he's close with Lacey, but beyond that he didn't sound like he cared much what any of the other pros thought.

    Maks got to the finals with Erin Andrews, Laila Ali, Mel B., and Kirstie Alley, and came within an inch of the finals with Brandy (thanks to Bristol Palin's political vote-generating machine). He had a few duds too, but overall I think he's been treated pretty well in terms of stars (especially compared to Tony, Jonathan and even Mark). I think his gripes are more petty than anything -- he just wants a damn trophy after all these years, and he keeps getting thwarted by the luck of the draw, and by the fact that he's developed a prickly relationship with the judges. I don't know what he wants to change exactly -- for Derek to get a dud? For all the judges to be replaced? For everyone to just fawn over him for a season and let him coast to a victory? I don't see how ramping up the fighting words will benefit him -- unless he's already decided that enough is enough after this season.

    Maks is great, and entertaining in his gruff, sometimes cruel way, but I will certainly still watch the show if he's not on it. He doesn't have the same kind of mesmerizing effect on me that he does on others.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

  8. #128
    Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Tallahassee, FL
    Age
    43
    Posts
    4,568

    Re: 10/25 Results Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

    I would guess that the reason other pros might apologize for Maks's behavior is to assure the judges that they don't all agree with Maks, that maybe Len should step down. They might be trying to get the message across that Maks doesn't speak for all the pros.

  9. #129
    *Until Next Season...* karalott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Posts
    17,606

    Re: 10/25 Results Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    I'm not so sure they're such good friends, or at least not anymore. Maks commented on GMA this morning about Derek's reaction, and he said that Derek is someone who is looking out for his "career" (and then he went into his sour-grapes rant about how Derek gets all the ringers, which I thought was kind of cheap no matter how much you may agree with it). He mentioned that Tony was his closest friend and that he's close with Lacey, but beyond that he didn't sound like he cared much what any of the other pros thought.

    Maks got to the finals with Erin Andrews, Laila Ali, Mel B., and Kirstie Alley, and came within an inch of the finals with Brandy (thanks to Bristol Palin's political vote-generating machine). He had a few duds too, but overall I think he's been treated pretty well in terms of stars (especially compared to Tony, Jonathan and even Mark). I think his gripes are more petty than anything -- he just wants a damn trophy after all these years, and he keeps getting thwarted by the luck of the draw, and by the fact that he's developed a prickly relationship with the judges. I don't know what he wants to change exactly -- for Derek to get a dud? For all the judges to be replaced? For everyone to just fawn over him for a season and let him coast to a victory? I don't see how ramping up the fighting words will benefit him -- unless he's already decided that enough is enough after this season.

    Maks is great, and entertaining in his gruff, sometimes cruel way, but I will certainly still watch the show if he's not on it. He doesn't have the same kind of mesmerizing effect on me that he does on others.
    I don't know where he stands in terms of being friendly with the other pros. I doubt he really felt they needed to run up to the judges and apologize, if that's what they were doing. Maybe something got said behind the scenes. He and Derek will be in the team dance together this week, so let's see if they survive or if they try and paso the other out of the ballroom. He and Cheryl have always been close, going back long before they joined the show together (I think they have/are sort of friends with benefits, too). Tony's his BFF, but I always thought he was tight with Derek and Mark as well. At one point, he seemed down on Lacey, but suddenly they're BFFs. I think the only pro he probably doesn't care for is Karina (how wrong is it that I'd love to see them both win DAD together-won't happen, but might make for some interesting behind the scenes ) At one point, way back a few seasons ago, a few pros and fans alike thought Len was too old school for the younger generation of pros on here, and for the direction the show was going for. I know it came across disrespectful, and that's the one thing he shouldn't have said, but I wish CA hadn't jumped in on it and seen where it went. Maybe he really meant it in the heat of the moment, but when it's all said and done, I think he and Len will be fine. I doubt he cares what CA or Bruno think, and we know what he thinks of CA's judging as it is. He's also called Bruno out for his antics in the past. There was a NYT article posted at the beginning of this season, where it mentioned that the pros are really the star attraction, and in some cases a bigger name than their celeb. I can see why Derek, Maks, and Cheryl are often mentioned as being requested by their particular partner. So I think all of them have healthy egos. The show would do fine casting an entire new line up of pros and judges, because like you, that's not what makes or breaks it for me. I'd miss Maks dearly, but if there were celebs I was interested in, I'd watch. There's really no one I care too much about this time, and it's obvious what's going to happen anyway, so that takes away from the fun, too. It survived when he left before, it survived Derek being gone last season, and I think the ratings decline is more the lack of interest in the cast. But I am surprised at the articles/comments coming out siding (even if partially) with Maks. Most think he took it too far, but agree with how inconsistant the judges are.

    I don't know about Maks, but I'd like to see Derek get a dud. Or at least the caliber of partner Tony's saddled with more often. I will say Maks has been almost as lucky as Derek in terms of partner picks. Unfortuantely, the seasons he made the finals, he was against people no one was going to beat (Apolo, Helio-still not over that one, Evan/Nicole, and Hines). But he's been luckier than Tony, Dmitry, and Mark (although Mark's had good partners but does himself in). It seems like a lot more is being about the judges inconsistancy and mean streak this time, but I doubt anything will change. The producers will continue to encourage it. Next season, CA will still be crying, screaming, have her boytoy, Bruno will be mean and throw out his animal metaphors, and Len will be cranky. There will be favorites and probably obvious front runners that make the final 3, and inconsistant scoring. Stupid themes and Brooke. And we'll be here talking about the same stuff I really felt Maks was referring to the judges being so down on Hope (Len could have left the "worst dance" comment out, just like Bruno could have found something better than a penguin to compare Chaz to-maybe critique his dancing?), and the others who have gotten the short end of the stick. This season has really been the worst in terms of judging.
    Last edited by karalott; 10-26-2011 at 08:07 PM.

  10. #130
    FORT Fogey KatesMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Motor City
    Posts
    2,315

    Re: 10/25 Results Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by tango7 View Post
    As far as Chaz and the weight comments/complaints:
    Warren Sapp and Steve Wozniak were both overweight men. Contrary to what Chaz said, they were not mocked. Besides, Warren could DANCE. (I realize he had athletic training, but he was still a really big guy and he improved each week. He also had a great personality.)

    The judges were easy on Chaz throughout the competition. I really don’t think Bruno’s comments were weight-related.
    I didn't watch Warren's season, so I can't comment on that. I did, however, watch The Woz's season and Bruno did make inappropriate weight-related comments to him. Maybe he only makes the comments about the overweight men who are bad dancers? In particular, the dance The Woz did with the feather boa resulted in a few inappropriate weight related comments from Bruno.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.