+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree122Likes

Thread: 10/25 Results Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 10/25 Results Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by TIA__MA View Post
    What kind of irritated me the most was hearing that other pros were approaching the judges and apologizing on Maks' behalf. While I blanched a bit at the "my show" remark, I thought he was spot on with his assessment and I don't believe he needs to apologize for anything. The only person who should be apologizing (if at all) for Maks is Maks.
    Yeah, I don't get it either. If it's not your fight, stay the heck out of it. I mean, I could see someone stepping in to prevent an actual physical fight, but I seriously doubt either Maks or Len would have thrown a punch, and after it's done, it's done. Whether either or both of the people involved feel the need to apologize is their business, not yours.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    And why is Chaz overweight? As someone who has previously been overweight and managed to lose a lot of it, I am still constantly amazed that this appears to be one of the last fully accepted forms of discrimination. Yes, Chaz is overweight and yes that made it harder for him to dance. There have been plenty of skinny people who can't dance too - yet they are not mocked for being too skinny. I'm sorry, but words hurt - and it is NOT OK to make fun of someone because they are overweight. It just isn't. Talk about his dancing - don't constantly compare him to round objects. And yes, Bruno knew exactly what he was saying. Maybe if you haven't been there, you don't understand. And are we really at a place in our society where the answer is if you don't want to be made fun of, then don't take the paycheck and put yourself out there??? How about we get to a place where we JUST DON'T MAKE FUN OF SOMEONE BECAUSE OF THEIR WEIGHT?!
    I know you are speaking in terms of DWTS but I want to say...while I don't critize others for being overweight (I grew up skinny and am slightly overweight now) I also don't praise them for it either. It isn't healthy at all. Also, my 9 yr old is very skinny and came home from school one day asking how she can gain weight. Talk about being floored. I was like, "huh? What??!!?" Evidently she gets made fun of for being skinny. Even adults make comments about her being skinny...she was a big baby but stopped growing around 18 m old and even though she is average height and weight for doctors she is too skinny according to "the world" that isn't hollywood. It's frustrating. She is a healthy eater and active. Anyway...sorry I just chased a rabbit.

I don't think Bruno should say most of what he says. I don't like him but I also don't take him seriously. It is unfortunate that we have to watch everything we say and do b/c if it isn't PC then it hurts others feelings. But as a society we aren't respectful of others like we used to be.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Did anyone read that Derek was "extremely surprised" by Maks outburst? Wow, didn't he forget he had an outburst a few years ago? Talk about hyprocrite.

This one made me laugh, he also said " the judges are very generous" no sh*t, it only applies to to him as he's the goldenboy, can't stand this guy at all.
    jucamer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Daisoo View Post
    Did anyone read that Derek was "extremely surprised" by Maks outburst? Wow, didn't he forget he had an outburst a few years ago? Talk about hyprocrite.

This one made me laugh, he also said " the judges are very generous" no sh*t, it only applies to to him as he's the goldenboy, can't stand this guy at all.
    No, where is that? JR thought he was rude. WTG JR!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TIA__MA View Post
    Sure it was, but the point is she had the experience so while rusty, she knows how to learn a routine.
    Well the same could be said of Nancy.Her last routine was pretty good. She's light on her feet. I dont think Ricki has any advantage. Hope is able to be sexy with the girls, obviously Maks isnt bringing that out in her.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Daisoo View Post
    It may have been a long time ago, but dance experience is still experience. No matter how you look at it. Love Maks even more after he made a comment of how if he got Derek's partners the judges would give him "fair" comments too.

Derek always get a dancer who at least has some background of dancing which is why he is able to harder coreaography he should get a Kate Goesslin as a partner. I would love to see the judges praise him. Ricki once again is being overscored

Go Maks!!!!
    I don't think Ricki is a ringer by any stretch. I'd put her in the category of Joanna Krupa, who wasn't a ringer, but wasn't horrible, and the judges totally sugar coated anything she did. I guarantee she wouldn't have made the final 4 without Derek's fanbase or the judges totally propping her up. I think the worst score Derek's ever received on this show was a 20 or 21. So that shows the quality of partners he's had, and of course what he's able to do with them. Even with Ricki as a mediocre dancer, he'd never be able to turn out the routines he has with Wendy Williams as a partner. Ricki's the one who's aggrivating me with her ego, much like Jennifer Grey did. Thank god J.R. is here, otherwise it'd be even more of a given who's winning. At least there's a 2 person race, until the end, and maybe they'll make it obvious who they want as the winner then. Until I hear J.R. called as the winner, I'll say Ricki has it.

I guess Karina forget what it felt like getting railroaded by the judges when she had Ralph and Mario 2.0. But why risk upsetting the holy ones and having them turn on you with your surest thing since Mario 1.0. I'm all for the pros/celebs waiting until after the fact to vent, but with TV interviews, it's way more easier to edit, and why not say it in the heat of the moment? CA shouldn't have "stuck up" for Len, because I think it wouldn't have gotten to the point it did. Maks had a point, and I'm glad he made it, even if I do wish he made it in a different setting. The other couples may not agree with him, or agree with how he did it, but it almost seems like they're afraid. Maybe Maks's explosive nature is what's keeping him around and why some pros, like Dmitry, get regulated to stand by. Not to mention he's pretty to look at I can't blame Derek, as I've said all along, for the treatment he gets or that he seems to be the golden one. At least it's not Mark (who I consider their second best option). But I want Derek to actually get a challenge and score in the teens and be in the fake bottom 2 and have it be realistic he might go home.

As far as Chaz and the weight comments/complaints:
    Warren Sapp and Steve Wozniak were both overweight men. Contrary to what Chaz said, they were not mocked. Besides, Warren could DANCE. (I realize he had athletic training, but he was still a really big guy and he improved each week. He also had a great personality.)

The judges were easy on Chaz throughout the competition. I really don’t think Bruno’s comments were weight-related.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

I think Maks gets away with some of his outbursts because he is a nice looking guy and women droll over him. I used to, but I've grown tired of his antics and his mouth. The judges aren't fair but that's the way the show has gone and I don't see it changing.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    And why is Chaz overweight? As someone who has previously been overweight and managed to lose a lot of it, I am still constantly amazed that this appears to be one of the last fully accepted forms of discrimination. Yes, Chaz is overweight and yes that made it harder for him to dance. There have been plenty of skinny people who can't dance too - yet they are not mocked for being too skinny. I'm sorry, but words hurt - and it is NOT OK to make fun of someone because they are overweight. It just isn't. Talk about his dancing - don't constantly compare him to round objects. And yes, Bruno knew exactly what he was saying. Maybe if you haven't been there, you don't understand. And are we really at a place in our society where the answer is if you don't want to be made fun of, then don't take the paycheck and put yourself out there??? How about we get to a place where we JUST DON'T MAKE FUN OF SOMEONE BECAUSE OF THEIR WEIGHT?!
    Chaz is in a dancing competition. Now Im not saying Dancers need to be in peak physical condition, look at Lacey who sometimes looks like she can be a little chunky or even her father for that matter. What Im saying is Chaz' weight keeps him from being able to dance at a level that most of the contestants should be at. If you can't dance and its due to you being unhealthily out of shape, what do you think is going to come of it? Im not going to go try and play pro basketball and then whine and cry when they tell me Im too short and out of shape to do it. I know I can't do it. As for taking the money, he put himself in the spotlight to be criticized. If you don't want to draw attention to it, maybe you shouldn't do it.

Calling him a penguin out there wasn't a knock at him being overweight. It was a knock at how he couldn't dance and he was in a tux so he looked like a penguin.

Quote Originally Posted by Giggity22 View Post
    If that person was waddling around like a penguin, then yes, im sure he would have. These people are on a show (where they are getting paid) to perform and be critiqued about it. What Bruno said was hardly an insult as much as it was an observation. HE LOOKED LIKE A PENGUIN! Why cant people say what they think in this country anymore without having feelings hurt? If Chaz didnt want to have to listen to hard criticism about his horrible dancing, then he should have rejected the money DWTS offered him to be on the show.
    And comparing Chaz' weight to JR scars is just ludicrous. If Bruno said something about that, I could see someone getting upset. Chaz isnt heavy because he was defending this country. JRs face has nothing to do with his dancing. Its two totally different things.
    It is so easy to NOT say cruel things to people. It has nothing to do with political correctness, or thinking people need to lighten up or not be so sensitive. It is easy to understand that our words have the power to hurt, and wholly possible to behave accordingly without feeling the need to walk on eggshells around others who may be "overly sensitive." We can each choose to do whatever we want with that understanding. I choose to not risk hurting someone's feelings just for the sake of a laugh.

I also don't think that showing kindness has to depend on the circumstances surrounding someone's state of being. But I suspect some people might be more sympathetic to Chaz' weight issues if they considered how the hormones he must take affect his metabolism.

We can agree to disagree about whether Bruno's comments are insults or observations.

All this makes me wonder how many other stars have indeed rejected the money to appear on DWTS because they were afraid of being ridiculed or insulted.
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

+ Reply to Thread