+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree122Likes

Thread: 10/25 Results Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Re: 10/25 Results Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by TIA__MA View Post
    Interesting follow up on Good Morning America: http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/entertai...apologize-for/
    It seems that with Maks you either love him or hate him - at least based on what I have read. So, put me in the "love him" category, because he told it like it is. He wasn't even afraid to express his "opinion" about the celebrity pairings when it comes to the show's favorites, namely Derek. The old saying "the proof is in the pudding" would definitely apply here. I don't even dislike Derek, but he does seem to get the best dancers (many with dancing experience in their background) season after season. Why not give him someone like Kate Gosselin, who not only was not a good dancer but had a bad attitude to boot? Why don't they give Derek a celebrity who would REALLY challenge him? So, like it or not, Maks spoke the truth on that one too. There is obvious favoritism on DWTS, and it is becoming so obvious that even the fans of DWTS who watch season after season are fed up and speaking out on the blogs in support of Maks actually acknowledging the "elephant in the room" - (and I am not calling anyone on the show an elephant -LOL).

If the show's producers are not listening to or reading what is being said in the aftermath of the "dustup", then they are making a big mistake. Something needs to be done to change up the voting process, and a change in the judges would be a good place to start. But, that is probably not going to happen. I am sure that the producers are loving all the atention that the show is getting right now - due to the dustup between Maks and the judges.

And I want to agree with the above poster who said that it is hard for Hope to keep a positive upbeat attitude when she is torn down every week by the judges. I think that she is trying hard and is putting in the effort, but it does SEEM like Carrie and Len just don't like her - for whatever reason - and their criticism of her is not the constructive kind, and only seems to tear her down. We saw the interview with Hope saying that she couldn't stop crying last week, and that just isn't like her. She mentioned that she is continually told that she isn't feminine enough, she looks like a dude - has balls - and isn't that just as hurtful as calling Chaz names? I truly believe that Hope is ever bit as sensitive as Chaz, but just in a different way.
    Last edited by Longhornfan; 10-26-2011 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Giggity22 View Post
    If that person was waddling around like a penguin, then yes, im sure he would have. These people are on a show (where they are getting paid) to perform and be critiqued about it. What Bruno said was hardly an insult as much as it was an observation. HE LOOKED LIKE A PENGUIN! Why cant people say what they think in this country anymore without having feelings hurt? If Chaz didnt want to have to listen to hard criticism about his horrible dancing, then he should have rejected the money DWTS offered him to be on the show.
    And comparing Chaz' weight to JR scars is just ludicrous. If Bruno said something about that, I could see someone getting upset. Chaz isnt heavy because he was defending this country. JRs face has nothing to do with his dancing. Its two totally different things.
    And why is Chaz overweight? As someone who has previously been overweight and managed to lose a lot of it, I am still constantly amazed that this appears to be one of the last fully accepted forms of discrimination. Yes, Chaz is overweight and yes that made it harder for him to dance. There have been plenty of skinny people who can't dance too - yet they are not mocked for being too skinny. I'm sorry, but words hurt - and it is NOT OK to make fun of someone because they are overweight. It just isn't. Talk about his dancing - don't constantly compare him to round objects. And yes, Bruno knew exactly what he was saying. Maybe if you haven't been there, you don't understand. And are we really at a place in our society where the answer is if you don't want to be made fun of, then don't take the paycheck and put yourself out there??? How about we get to a place where we JUST DON'T MAKE FUN OF SOMEONE BECAUSE OF THEIR WEIGHT?!
    Rattus, GabbyG, Moontat and 4 others like this.

What kind of irritated me the most was hearing that other pros were approaching the judges and apologizing on Maks' behalf. While I blanched a bit at the "my show" remark, I thought he was spot on with his assessment and I don't believe he needs to apologize for anything. The only person who should be apologizing (if at all) for Maks is Maks.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    OMG I love that man more and more everyday!
    Me too I'd love to see Hope win out of spite, or at least take out Rob next. Maybe Maks, Tony, and Val should tweet they have Justin Bieber's real phone number and pull Kim's little stunt. I think Maks is right on all counts. Derek has nothing to complain about, because the judges totally kiss his behind. Even with a non ringer in Ricki he's still getting 10s, and I don't think her dancing is worth it. J.R.'s the only one that I'd be giving 9s and 10s to. In fact, I think this cast is between 6s-8s. And I fully believe it's all because of Derek that Ricki is getting the praise she is. I doubt Ricki herself is getting the 9s and 10s. I'll give Derek this, he can help his celeb (even if she's weaker than what he normally gets) adapt to the style while working around their weaknesses and pulling out their strengths. What I don't like is he takes it up about 100 notches in doing so. I'd like to see Derek be one of the first 3 out for once, instead of one of the last 3 standing (again). Or get a partner where it'd be impossible for the judges to totally praise them. Give him someone at the level of Kate, Master P, Cloris, Wendy, or Chaz. See what he can turn that into. Anyway, I knew Maks didn't mean the 'his show' literally, since he apologized for it. He's absolutely right that it's a double standard of the judges asking for respect when they don't show it (fluffy TV show or not). I don't see why the other pros are kissing their butts, but I guess now it explains why the judges have their favorites and non favorites.
    AZChristian and jucamer like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain View Post
    Bruno can act (and I do mean act) surprised and shocked all he wants that someone would be hurt by his personal insults, but he knows he is exploiting certain people for cheap laughs. That just does not sit well with me.
    Yeah, every time he does that & looks around all "What? I didn't mean anything by that!" I think, "QUICK! Look innocent!" He just disgusts me![
    Last edited by zookeepertx; 10-26-2011 at 01:51 PM.
    AZChristian likes this.

While Ricki might not be considered a ringer, she did do a fair amount of dancing in the original Hairspray, so even if she hasn't danced in quite some time, she has had the advantage of going through the choreography process unlike some others that are total newbies.
    Last edited by TIA__MA; 10-26-2011 at 01:52 PM.
    nanarama likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    Give him someone at the level of Kate, Master P, Cloris, Wendy, or Chaz. See what he can turn that into.
    Heheheh! Derek dancing with Master P... now THERE'S a show I'd watch, LOLOL!!
    YorkieMom and jucamer like this.

Quote Originally Posted by TIA__MA View Post
    While Ricki might not be considered a ringer, she did do a fair amount of dancing in the original Hairspray, so even if she hasn't danced in quite some time, she has had the advantage of going through the choreography process unlike some others that are total newbies.
    That was years ago.. I think her and Derek try very hard. Derek is great with whoever he performs with. He doesnt put them down like someone does.

Go Derek!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    That was years ago.. I think her and Derek try very hard. Derek is great with whoever he performs with. He doesnt put them down like someone does.

Go Derek!!
    It may have been a long time ago, but dance experience is still experience. No matter how you look at it. Love Maks even more after he made a comment of how if he got Derek's partners the judges would give him "fair" comments too.

Derek always get a dancer who at least has some background of dancing which is why he is able to harder coreaography he should get a Kate Goesslin as a partner. I would love to see the judges praise him. Ricki once again is being overscored

Go Maks!!!!
    karalott, GabbyG, TIA__MA and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post

Go Derek!!
    Sure it was, but the point is she had the experience so while rusty, she knows how to learn a routine.

+ Reply to Thread