+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree173Likes

Thread: 10/24 DWTS13 Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Re: 10/24 DWTS13 Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Okay Maks' comment rings true... some contestants are only being judged on effort, while others are expected to actually dance.

Hope scored a 20 -- only ONE point above penguinChaz. So yah, I guess I understand Maks' viewpoint. But boy he sure got the judges' ire up! Bruno did a good job of de-escalating that moment. There truly is a lot of talent that makes up this show, from both the judges AND the pros, as well as the musicians, and Tom, and the costume-designers, and the producers.

I hate to see people argue, but that little tizzy-fit sure livened up an otherwise boring night

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    Wow -a six?? Maks is fed up with the stooges - can't blame him.
    I can't, either. This season is a disaster, and this just confirmed it. I'm glad Maks called them out. they deserve it, and more people are likely feeling the inconsistancy and censored crap coming from them, along with favoring certain pros and stunt casting. It's not fair that Chaz can totally bomb a dance and receive praise, but Hope actually tries and winds up getting nailed. I don't blame Maks if he doesn't return, just like I don't blame the other pros for moving on. It's all about the stunt casting, all about the trio, and the same pros receiving golden treatment, and it's obvious they like the fireworks from Maks. I have little doubt some of the other pros have similar feelings. They've lost decent dancers in Chynna and Kristin, and of course, Carson got crucified in comparision to Chaz.
    combatcutie, NFL1 and nanarama like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tango7 View Post
    I missed - what did Hope (or Maks) say/do that was disrespectful? Anyone . . . . . .?
    What started it is when Len started going after Hope, the crowd really started booing and Maks encouraged them to keep it going. Then Len blasted Maks, saying it was half his fault and then the comments started flying so fast that I couldn't catch it all. At one point CA leapt in about respecting the judges too. I don't think Hope really said anything at all. She was just kind of caught in the middle of it all.

Wow. The damage between Maks and the judges is irreparable. The judges shouldn't have pointed the finger so sternly at him, but he shouldn't have shot back so dismissively either. it was ugly on both sides. The sad part is, all he's doing is pointing himself toward the door. And honestly, even with his recent opportunities, where is he going to go to keep dancing and choreographing at this level, with this kind of exposure and adoration?

If Maks wanted to leave because he had other opportunities, or to try something different, great. But if he left because he'd rather be right, he's making a mistake.
    ness likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    I can't, either. This season is a disaster, and this just confirmed it. I'm glad Maks called them out. they deserve it, and more people are likely feeling the inconsistancy and censored crap coming from them, along with favoring certain pros and stunt casting. It's not fair that Chaz can totally bomb a dance and receive praise, but Hope actually tries and winds up getting nailed. I don't blame Maks if he doesn't return, just like I don't blame the other pros for moving on. It's all about the stunt casting, all about the trio, and the same pros receiving golden treatment, and it's obvious they like the fireworks from Maks.

Maks said it was his show - he made it what it is

Ah, JR... a true league above the others.

I am LOVING this by JR and Karina!!!!!!!!

That DESERVES a 30!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

JR and Karina deserve 3 10's for that quick-step!

Len is being prickish tonight 10-9-10

JR/Karina - fantastic!
    Karina looks cute in that wig.
    10- 9 from stingy Len - 10

That was awesome! LOVE my JR!
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

+ Reply to Thread