+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree173Likes

Thread: 10/24 DWTS13 Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: 10/24 DWTS13 Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

What I love most about outbursts like Maks's is how people read into every little thing he says and picks it apart with every dotted i and crossed t. Not saying anyone here did that, but elsewhere I've read I've had a good laugh. And people were quick to look at Maks's twitter to see if any pros who called him out are still on his friend list. Really? I read CA's twitter to give myself a laugh at seeing her defend herself over her judging. But I don't read into who follows who and that they won't be friends. For the record, Lacey and Tony are totally on Maks's side; not surprisingly, Karina thinks he needs a hug and was worried they'd take it out on J.R. (really Karina?), but she's probably too afraid to ruin a good thing she has going (sweetie, you're probably still going to lose to the golden one). Speaking of him, who had an infamous outburst in season 6 on behalf of his then Lady Love Shannon Elizabeth, Derek thinks he went too far. But when does Derek ever get criticized? He's gotten 10s for non jives and a 9 for a non quickstep. Ricki is mediocre at best, and the most arrogant one there, but she's still getting 10s because of Derek. I'm glad some of the pros still treat it as a dance competition. Not everyone cares to see what glorious thing Derek can pull off every week that will put the judges further up his butt and act like he created the very dance he just did. I think Hope/Maks are gone tonight, and I'll stand by Maks taking a ton of flack for it, and I'm sure the judges will gloat and pretend they liked Hope, but he was already gone. They haven't given her a chance. Reminds me of Audrina. She couldn't really ever do anything right, either, while Bristol was getting 8s for showing up. I think enduring several seasons of inconsistant judging and idiotic comments by the judges would push someone like Maks to their breaking point. Especially since he's never a chosen one, and the pros who seem to be disagreeing with him (or staying neutral, like Cheryl) are in the producers/judges good graces. The producers probably hope Maks sticks around to give the ratings a boost next week; it'd be interesting if they'd go down anymore or if people would still tune in and see if anyone else has the nerve to criticize the 3 stooges.

Just to touch on a few comments: regarding Val, I never saw him as arrogant or disrespectful towards Elisbetta She seemed an insecure wreck and there was a language barrier they were trying to get over. I don't know why Elisabetta did the show, because it didn't really do much for her. I think Val is more true to being strictly ballroom like his brother and Tony, and not all flashy. Elisabetta had the potential. It's unfortuante she didn't have the fans, but the judges would probably go after her for smiling wrong if she was still here

Chaz-sorry Lacey, that 19 was generous. But I'm tired of Bruno's metaphors. It's not funny anymore, and even when he means no disrespect, it comes off that way. I think CA and Bruno are the ones believing their own hype and greatness more than some of the pros/celebs do. I worry now Chaz might start believing his own hype. But that's the problem with contestants like him being cast and lasting this long in the first place. At this stage, people should be moving up in scores (I guess, since we've already seen 9s and 10s week 2 and 3). Chaz really isn't good enough to move up. So what do they do, score him accordingly, or try and keep their ratings stake? I'd like to see Cher's tirade when he gets voted off, personally. Regarding CA and her twitter commnet,s she's obviously as oblvious as Brooke, and think that the judges should be respected and everyone needs to agree with them and trust their judgement. She has to be an idiot if people don't see her favoritism or inconsistant scores. She needs to be banned from moving to tears. The week she totally flipped on her J.R. comment showed me she can't stand to be wrong or admit she was wrong and trying to fix her boo boo.
    Last edited by karalott; 10-25-2011 at 01:58 PM.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

How about the ditz, the Brit, and the twit? CA, Len, and Bruno, respectively.
    karalott, AZChristian and jucamer like this.

FORT Fanatic

People in this country are becoming so sensitive to anything. Chaz looked like a Penguin last night. Thats not an insult, its the truth. He looked like an ewok a couple of weeks ago. If Bruno called him an "effing fat piece of s### (insert derogatory transgendered word) penguin", id get the outrage. Just a 'Penguin' is absured and shows how whiny this country is becoming to words.
    karalott likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I think Maks just takes the show more seriously from a ballroom standpoint than some of the other pros do. He's said many times that he wants the show to promote ballroom dancing to the general public, which is why he remains so focused on the technical aspects of ballroom dance. Some of the other pros, like Mark and Derek, are more focused on simply putting together entertaining dance numbers that excite the audience. To each his own I guess.
    Well if he does, I have not seen that in his routines or in practice with Hope. He seems bored to me,This is supposed to be entertainment, I find Derek very entertaining.

I look at Mak's blowup as pent-up frustration that was just triggered by the "worst dance" comment followed by "Mak's fault" comment.

On one hand, I'm glad for this blowup since the judging is a real joke. Best words are arbitrary and capricious. The inconsistencies are not limited to Hope & Maks, but she has clearly received the blunt of the nasty "not living up to my expectations" comments.

On the other hand, I don't think that Maks has been the best partner for Hope. She is too sensitive for his "tough love" training, his choreography isn't really flattering to her, she needs to portray affection for Maks during these dances but he makes it difficult by the way he treats her in practice. I think he treated Kirstie much nicer. I donít think he ever recovered from Hope telling him that he was more girly than her. I kept thinking, during Mak's rant, that he should be replaced by Val, or if Hope had started the season with someone like Tony she would be a contender.

In any case, I voted for Hope since I think she is better than Chaz, Iím tired of the Kardasians, and donít care for Nancy. (Did anyone notice during a standing ovation that everyone was standing except Kim Kardasian and her sister(s)? I donít recall who the dance was for, but looked like they were still bitter about Robís score.)
    combatcutie and karalott like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    Tilden, I just had to post that your rationale as to why being called a penguin wasn't a huge insult just made me LOL, sincerely. Quite frankly, I just figured it was because he was in a tux, so that was the best Bruno could come up with! Also, on CA's twitter - who the heck knows what that woman EVER means. I'm not even sure she knows what she means!
    Actually, my first thought upon seeing Chaz last night was that he looked a little like Oliver Hardy, except that Oliver Hardy was exceptionally light on his feet for a large man. He really could dance and sing, though they didn't use that side of him much in the Laurel and Hardy films.

I get that they went with the mask last night because of POTO, but I'm not sure that was a great idea, because it meant you couldn't see Chaz's facial expressions at all until the very end, and he needs to try to balance the fact that he doesn't dance very well with some kind of dramatic/entertainment value. Kind of the same thing was true for Hope. I understand the costume was supposed to reflect Rent, but it wasn't all that flattering on her. Was there really any reason the costumes had to bear a striking similarity to those of the Broadway show in order for the audience to enjoy the dances?
    Fanny Mare likes this.

I am wondering if Hope and Maks will be one of the first couples up for elimination tonight - like last week - and will be told that they are in jeopardy. That wouldn't surprise me at all. If they somehow make it through to next week, it will be because the audience voted to save them from elimination. Chaz should be the one leaving tonight, but I am afraid that he will be voted through again.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I hope that Chaz will go tonight, simply because I don't see much hope for improvement from him. He's done his best but he's not keeping up with the learning curve of the other dancers. It would be a shame if Hope goes tonight since she still has a chance to get it together but I could live with it if she does.

I really hope David doesn't go. I find him entertaining and he is getting better. It worries me that he's been one of the bottom couples several times. I guess he doesn't have as much of a fan base as the other stars.

I'm not a fan of Nancy or Rob so they can go at any time.

I'm mostly rooting for JR. I'm so thrilled he's doing well. I was a fan of his before DWTS and was inclined to root for him already so it's a bonus that he's a good dancer, too!

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan View Post
    How about "The Cat, the Spat and the Bat"? I am assuming you are going with catty (CA) and batty (Bruno) so that leaves "petty quarrel" for Len.
    First glance I thought you were referring the shoe cover spat, but that does work on both cases.

And yes... Len is actually quite interesting in that he does tend to argue on the least important issues and does take things a tad too literally.

Either they are going to judge them all on technique or not. The judges have their favorites and it has been very few seasons I have watch all the way through. My husband and I always take a bet at the beginning of the season as to how long before I get disgusted and turn the channel on the tv. I just can't tolerate Bruno and like CA even less. I use to think Len was the only sane judge but this season I can't even listen to his garbage. The judges need to get over themselves. It is about the Pros/Celebs. I don't tune in to listen to their nonsense.

I like to be entertained but I also appreciate good ballroom. I don't like the flashy dances (sans Derek or Mark) where half the time I'm thinking "Now what was the dance style they are doing?". At least with Maks, Tony and even Cheryl I can tell the dance style.

I will probably tape the rest of the season and FF through all the crap to watch JR dance. Everyone else is not interesting. Derek doesn't have a ringer really this season but the butt kissing and sucking up has put her in a "ringer" position. I think I'm done with this show. Thank goodness, I will now have Monday nights free.
    karalott likes this.
    Some Heros wear capes....mine wears combat boots and kevlar....

+ Reply to Thread