+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree173Likes

Thread: 10/24 DWTS13 Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: 10/24 DWTS13 Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

I don't consider "Walk Like a Man" to be a Broadway song at all. It existed for a long time before getting used in a musical. The same way I wouldn't consider ABBA songs to be Broadway songs after Mama Mia came out.

I have a feeling Maks won't be asked back next season. It's one thing to stick up for his partner but to criticize the panel for judging? What does he think they are their for??? It's their job to point out what contestants are doing right and what they're doing wrong so they can improve. It's not personal.

I feel sorry for Tristan being stuck with nasty Nancy. She tells him they need to step it up and when he gives her more to work with, she accuses him of sabotaging her! Did it ever occur to her that if she's voted off, his time on DWTS ends, too, so what could he possibly gain from sabotaging her? I actually wouldn't mind Nancy going before Chaz at this point because he's at least respectful to his partner and making an effort.
    Last edited by pikachu; 10-24-2011 at 10:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    I voted for Hope. I don't know if I want Maks out of his misery, but I'd like to see how it gets handled next week. Len had a bust up with a pro on Strictly this week, and they shook hands and made up. I know some of the pros have said the judges find them after the show and say it was all for the TV aspect, and for a good laugh. But obviously, sometimes, the pros and celebs aren't laughing.

So did I - all my votes went to Maks!!!
    AZChristian likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I don't consider "Walk Like a Man" to be a Broadway song at all. It existed for a long time before getting used in a musical. The same way I wouldn't consider ABBA songs to be Broadway songs after Mama Mia came out.

I have a feeling Maks won't be asked back next season. It's one thing to stick up for his partner but to criticize the panel for judging? What does he think they are their for??? It's their job to point out what contestants are doing right and what they're doing wrong so they can improve. It's not personal.
    I have to disagree, I thought Maks was right when he criticized the judges. The judges "judge" Chaz for his effot, if they "judged" him for his dancing I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be able to get the marks he has been getting this far. If Hope was criticized for effort, I'm pretty sure she would be getting higher marks than she has, but she has been judged for her dancing, not effort. Maks is right, cause the judges don't judge fairly at all. The judges are too obvious of what they are doing and everybody can see it.

I wouldn't even consider these "judges" as judges they are pretty much clowns who have their favourite (derek) and are bias to others (Maks, Tony, Karina, Anna, etc.) They are pretty much abusing their powers for who they want to go home. If they actually judge then maybe the worst dancers would have gone home before Chynna and Kristen.

Please god, they don't need a fricken save, that loses the whole purpose of the show. If they invent another stupid instant cha cha (Poor Ralph ) just so they can save the dancer they want, they are seriously going to lose a lot of viewers.
    Last edited by Daisoo; 10-24-2011 at 10:46 PM.

FORT Fogey

I just had a thought: imagine what Maks' blog is going to sound like this week!
    anemone and AZChristian like this.

I actually liked Rikki's dance. I thought she did very well. Could do without Derek, though.

Totally missing Carson. Guess I must move my votes to JR.

Chaz? He really needs to go. (Love the Phantom music, though)
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I have a feeling Maks won't be asked back next season. It's one thing to stick up for his partner but to criticize the panel for judging? What does he think they are their for??? It's their job to point out what contestants are doing right and what they're doing wrong so they can improve. It's not personal.I feel sorry for Tristan being stuck with nasty Nancy. She tells him they need to step it up and when he gives her more to work with, she accuses him of sabotaging her! Did it ever occur to her that if she's voted off, his time on DWTS ends, too, so what could he possibly gain from sabotaging her? I actually wouldn't mind Nancy going before Chaz at this point because he's at least respectful to his partner and making an effort.

The judges make it personal. CA & Len always seem to pick on Maks and what they said about Hope not rehearsing enough was totally uncalled for. They needed to be put in their places and Maks did it. I really think he has had it this time.
    GabbyG and AZChristian like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I just had a thought: imagine what Maks' blog is going to sound like this week!
    I can hardly wait!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Oh, well. I'm obviously in the minority again. I didn't think anything Len said was out of line. I agreed with most of his judgements tonight, although I think he should have given JR a 10 for his dance since he had nothing bad to say about it.

Both effort and skill have to be factored in for the judging. Even though Hope is trying, she's not progressing as quickly as some of the other stars. She doesn't have the physical handicaps to overcome that Chaz does (overweight, bad knees) so she has no excuse for not doing better than she is. Personally, at this point I think she and Chaz are running neck and neck on where they started from and where they are now so I think their scores were fair.

Even though Hope is trying, she's not progressing as quickly as some of the other stars.
    But Chaz isn't progressing at all, so there's no comparison. Based on ability and progression (or lack thereof), he should go before Hope.

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    The judges make it personal. CA & Len always seem to pick on Maks and what they said about Hope not rehearsing enough was totally uncalled for. They needed to be put in their places and Maks did it. I really think he has had it this time.
    Agree! Especially CA she makes stupid remarks just to deduct points (see "not enough humor") I'm glad Maks did what he did, I bet other pros are thinking the same way, well except Derek cuz he's the "goldenboy" (<----ew!) I thought Maks was done after last season? Boo!! I wanted him to win with Kirstie.

I'll be sad when Maks leave DWTS
    karalott, AZChristian and jucamer like this.

+ Reply to Thread