+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree173Likes

Thread: 10/24 DWTS13 Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: 10/24 DWTS13 Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

I voted for Hope. I don't know if I want Maks out of his misery, but I'd like to see how it gets handled next week. Len had a bust up with a pro on Strictly this week, and they shook hands and made up. I know some of the pros have said the judges find them after the show and say it was all for the TV aspect, and for a good laugh. But obviously, sometimes, the pros and celebs aren't laughing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post

I've managed to vote twice for J.R. and once for Hope, but I keep getting "circuits are busy" messages, which I haven't gotten all season. Maybe fans are riled....
    One can only hope.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    I voted for Hope. I don't know if I want Maks out of his misery, but I'd like to see how it gets handled next week. Len had a bust up with a pro on Strictly this week, and they shook hands and made up. I know some of the pros have said the judges find them after the show and say it was all for the TV aspect, and for a good laugh. But obviously, sometimes, the pros and celebs aren't laughing.
    Especially when you see people like Chaz who shouldn't be here at this point being scored by what I can only call the "sympathy" vote and a bigger fan base.

FORT Fogey

I ended up throwing one vote from each phone to Hope and the rest to J.R., simply because I'd be completely crushed if J.R. somehow ended up a surprise elimination because of sympathy votes for Hope and the fan bases for Chaz, Nancy, and Rob. If he goes, they might as well hand the trophy over to Ricki and their beloved Derek, because there's no way the rest of them are getting close.

I think the show has gone way, way too far in the recruiting of people who will bring a fan/viewer base with them. I liked it better when I was surprised to like someone so much, although I got some of that with J.R. this season, as I didn't know a whole lot about him except that he was a war vet who'd been on a soap, which I hadn't watched.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by KrazeeKy07 View Post
    I love Carson! "Maks you almost died! Hold me!" and I loved them scaring Chaz! Haha.
    Bless Carson. He got Maks smiling again after the fight with the judges.
    jucamer likes this.

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by TIA__MA View Post
    Especially when you see people like Chaz who shouldn't be here at this point being scored by what I can only call the "sympathy" vote and a bigger fan base.
    Chaz is a waste of time to watch. I called on two phone lines. All my votes went to Hope & Maks. He didn't have to be quite so blunt, but I believe he and Hope deserve to stay. Hopefully JR gets the votes he deserves. Please let him, not Rickie & Derek hold the trophy in the end. Now going to vote online.

I def agree with you Tilden! I like when someone comes in that you don't really know and they just blow you away. I didn't expect JR to be as amazing of a dancer as he is. I already knew he was an amazing person, but I didn't know he could move the way he does! Same goes for some of my old favorites (Gilles, Apollo, Laila Ali, Kirstie, Hines etc).

Chaz needs to GO. Like Maks said, everyone should be being judged on the same thing! It's really not fair and pretty discouraging.

That being said, Maks doesn't really make or break the show for me, so if he would choose to leave, I'd still watch as long as the celebrity group has someone in it that I'm pulling for. The last time I didn't watch a full season was when Nicole won because I couldn't stand her!
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

Quote Originally Posted by BTW View Post
    Chaz is a waste of time to watch. I called on two phone lines. All my votes went to Hope & Maks. He didn't have to be quite so blunt, but I believe he and Hope deserve to stay. Hopefully JR gets the votes he deserves. Please let him, not Rickie & Derek hold the trophy in the end. Now going to vote online.
    Couldn't agree more.

FORT Fogey

Oh, man, don't remind of NicRinger. It made me furious that she was there, because Evan, who actually wasn't a dancer (skating isn't the same thing) was way ahead of anyone else. It was one of the few seasons he was sure to lose, and it was maybe the only chance Anna will ever get to win.

Gilles should have been a lesson to them. He wasn't at all widely known and he was extremely popular by the end of the season. I liked Apollo too, but I can't say I didn't know who he was, because I'm a Winter Olympics geek. I didn't know if he could dance, but I knew he was in good shape, and I joked that they better stay out of his way in the group dances or he'd hip check them.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by BTW View Post
    At this point, it might actually be better for Chaz if he did go. If he continues to bump off better dancers, he could end up being the victim of a backlash and lose popularity. Already, it kind of bugs me that he's sounding as if he expects to stick around, when, realistically, he has to know that he isn't as good a dancer as the rest of them. Even Lacey's telling him that at this point. I'm sure he's trying to step it up, but he just isn't capable of doing so. And OMG, can you imagine if he survives long enough to try to execute a jive? Especially since from now on they need to do two dances a week? It's just not something he'll be capable of doing, and it's quite possible he'll end up hurting himself again.

+ Reply to Thread