+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: 10/17 Show Discussion DWTS 13 *West Coast Spoilers*

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: 10/17 Show Discussion DWTS 13 *West Coast Spoilers*

Good grief...CA is out of control That's an insult to J.R. How much more do they need to boost the Kardashian's ego up? He can't dance! Is CA hoping for a cameo on their show? Why can't she ever take a week off?

FORT Fogey

Once again, they soft-sell the criticism for Chaz--and Len doesn't even mention the "messing about" at the beginning of the dance. He'd crucify anyone else (except for Golden Boy) for doing that.

Twenty-one. Really? And Chaz wants his fans carrying him through. Even at the risk of potentially eliminating yet another obviously better dancer? I thought he might feel awkward about that, but I guess not.

And guess who's getting the pimp spot, in addition to being the lone foxtrot of the night. What a surprise.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    Good grief...CA is out of control That's an insult to J.R. How much more do they need to boost the Kardashian's ego up? He can't dance! Is CA hoping for a cameo on their show? Why can't she ever take a week off?
    I'm not sure it's just the show CA wants to be on....

Ricki will probably get the win based on Derek's fanbase. It'll be like Shawn and Gilles, except Ricki is more well known than J.R., and has Derek. Ricki would be a different kind of winner (since they didn't get Kirstie, they can get the wannabe). I always loved Ricki, but she's really annoyed me this season. I definitely didn't miss the Derek love fest last season, although we had Mark and the neverending quest to keep him in. A Hough/Ballas free finale, which we've only had once since season 4, worked fine in season 9.
    I always liked Ricki too; but I do not like her on this show. She seems arrogant here, and that may have something to do with her having Derek as her partner ... like she can't lose because Derek is her partner. Derek doesn't bug me as much as she does ... I really do like Derek's choreography, and I like him tons more than Mark!

What score did Rob get?

I don't see why the need to keep the likes of Rob and Chaz around, and I'll never get the love for the golden one. I'm now starting to think Cheryl is the golden one as well. Let Rob and Chaz become laughingstocks and begin buying into their own hype, just like Bristol. What are we going to get next season, Casey Anthony and Amanda Knox?

I'm not sure it's just the show CA wants to be on....
    I think CA likes to think back to her "cool" days when she was a naked Madonna back up dancer and a fly girl. You know, pretend she's still hip and cool and with the times and knows what she's judging.

I always liked Ricki too; but I do not like her on this show. She seems arrogant here, and that may have something to do with her having Derek as her partner ... like she can't lose because Derek is her partner. Derek doesn't bug me as much as she does ... I really do like Derek's choreography, and I like him tons more than Mark!
    I think this was a better show before they let the love for the trio get out of control, and before they started allowing more props, gimmicks, themes, and messing about, and before the judges got so inconsistant. So my predictions were pretty much right, regarding Chaz at least, and it sounds like Rob. Derek is never going to get a Kate Gosselin or Wendy Williams type partner, and the judges/producers will always be up his a**. I don't see why the other pros even care anymore.
    Last edited by karalott; 10-17-2011 at 09:38 PM.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Rob doesn't even think that Rob is sexy. He's just about as asexual as a Kardashian can get. Maybe Junior just hasn't figured out exactly where he fits in in this world yet.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Ricki will probably get the win based on Derek's fanbase. It'll be like Shawn and Gilles, except Ricki is more well known than J.R., and has Derek. Ricki would be a different kind of winner (since they didn't get Kirstie, they can get the wannabe). I always loved Ricki, but she's really annoyed me this season. I definitely didn't miss the Derek love fest last season, although we had Mark and the neverending quest to keep him in. A Hough/Ballas free finale, which we've only had once since season 4, worked fine in season 9.
    Which is another really good reason for stars NOT having the same partner for the whole season. If they had to switch partners a couple of times, they'd not be able to rely on their partner's reputation with the judges or the fans. Plus, I think if a contestant could work well with a couple of different partners, that speaks to their general ability as a dancer.

Better yet, why can't she ever take a season off?

. . . What are we going to get next season, Casey Anthony and Amanda Knox?

Well, if so, count on Nancy G. to storm the set.

Gotta stop answering my phone - missed Rob's score. . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Bet2Win View Post
    Better yet, why can't she ever take a season off?
    Or leave the series for good (she probably couldn't live without the spotlight). Oh well, at least her twitter and her getting called out on it gives me laughs. The only people who defend her are the die hard Derek and Mark fans on there. She's useless. Speaking of the golden one, if it's Broadway next week, I guess there's a 30 coming for him based on props and gimmicks and mediocre dancing from Ricki.

In a golden child/DWTS connection, when Len takes his week off from Strictly next month, apparently Jennifer Grey is going to fill in for him. Wonder why they picked her.

+ Reply to Thread