+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: 10/17 Show Discussion DWTS 13 *West Coast Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 10/17 Show Discussion DWTS 13 *West Coast Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by annettejt View Post
    The dance was a mess but I just love Carson!
    And I'd feel guilty about wanting him to stick around, except that Chaz is clearly a worse dancer, Nancy isn't particularly good either, and I'm not entertained by Rob, who's not a good enough dancer to make up for his lack of entertainment value. Really, I just want him to stick around at least until the "stars" get to design the outfits for the routines.

I'm also really glad that Carson agrees that the eighties were not the best time for clothes.

Len was right about Carson -- I love him too but he's not much better than Chaz in terms of timing and accuracy.

Time for him & Chaz to go, and then they can hire Carson on the show as a roving reporter,
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fogey

Oh no, Nancy was like Tristan was dancing with a plastic doll!! Nancy and Rob are not at all entertaining - they have got to go before Hope, Chaz and Carson!

FORT Fogey

I think the advantages Carson has over Chaz are that he is, at least, capable of movement. I don't mean to be harsh, but since the first week, when he did move, Chaz hasn't moved much and even looked a shade uncomfortable coming down the steps tonight. I don't think it's his fault; I think he's just dealing with bad knees, but it hampers his ability to do much. I also simply don't think he's selling the routines as well as Carson is. For all his silliness, Carson goes all out, and Chaz doesn't, perhaps simply because he's shyer than Carson, which, I would think, is quite common, as Carson is extremely outgoing.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

They better bring Carson back to some extent. I don't care if they let him dance every week or what. Chaz needs to go before him. At least Carson is entertaining. I'd rather have him last over Chaz, Nancy, and Rob. They'd be crazy not to bring Carson back for something.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    They better bring Carson back to some extent. I don't care if they let him dance every week or what. Chaz needs to go before him. At least Carson is entertaining. I'd rather have him last over Chaz, Nancy, and Rob. They'd be crazy not to bring Carson back for something.
    The problem is, the other three may well have fan bases he can't touch. Out of curiosity, I checked their individual twitter accounts, and Chaz has more followers than Carson and J.R. put together. I have no idea if everyone who's following him is voting for him, but if even a fraction of that number is, that's a big base on which to depend. I have no idea about Nancy and Rob, but Nancy's got a show that a lot of people watch and Rob is part of a family that is all over the media constantly.

I will say this: if Chaz outlasts someone like J.R., I suspect there will be an outcry, because he clearly cannot dance well enough to justify that, and while Chaz may be a nice person, there's certainly no indication that J.R. isn't just as nice.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    The problem is, the other three may well have fan bases he can't touch. Out of curiosity, I checked their individual twitter accounts, and Chaz has more followers than Carson and J.R. put together. I have no idea if everyone who's following him is voting for him, but if even a fraction of that number is, that's a big base on which to depend. I have no idea about Nancy and Rob, but Nancy's got a show that a lot of people watch and Rob is part of a family that is all over the media constantly.

I will say this: if Chaz outlasts someone like J.R., I suspect there will be an outcry, because he clearly cannot dance well enough to justify that, and while Chaz may be a nice person, there's certainly no indication that J.R. isn't just as nice.
    Chaz is nice, but he's boring. At least Carson can make bad dancing enjoyable. And the judges aren't equal opporunity BSers. They praise Chaz for walking, but totally criticize Carson's dancing. Or lack of. Chaz is getting by on his story. I like him, and could care less if we lose the Kardashian before him. But I just don't like the judges totally feeding into something that's not there. I don't know, given the lack of watercooler this season and the ratings dip, maybe TPTB are hoping for an outcry.
    GoingInCircles likes this.

I'm really enjoying JR and Karina!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

FORT Fogey

Bruno just called J.R. a "loin-shattering sex machine." Okay, well, then....

On the other hand, at least Bruno gave him a ten. Guess that guarantees that Ricki will get at least two tens....

I'd really like CA and Len to have given some reason for the one point deductions, since they both raved about the dance. If there's something he needs to do better to get that last point from them, he and Karina need to know what exactly it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    . . .I will say this: if Chaz outlasts someone like J.R., I suspect there will be an outcry, because he clearly cannot dance well enough to justify that, and while Chaz may be a nice person, there's certainly no indication that J.R. isn't just as nice.
    It's not about who is/is not a "nice" person. We don't know any of these people personally, and they all probably have "nice" elements to their personality. That being said, yes, JR is a MUCH better dancer than Chaz.

+ Reply to Thread