+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: 10/11 DWTS 13 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 10/11 DWTS 13 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    I liked Chynna and I had high hopes early on that this might be Tony's year. But she didn't have the fan base.
    More importantly, she didn't have much of a personality. She seems nice enough, but she doesn't have the charisma, charm or humour that builds a fanbase from those who weren't fans to start with. Anyone remember Gilles? He had zero fanbase going in, even less than Chynna I would wager, but built a huge fanbase by the end of the season.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    More importantly, she didn't have much of a personality. She seems nice enough, but she doesn't have the charisma, charm or humour that builds a fanbase from those who weren't fans to start with. Anyone remember Gilles? He had zero fanbase going in, even less than Chynna I would wager, but built a huge fanbase by the end of the season.
    Gilles body may have had something to do with that.

I'm not upset Chynna was eliminated due to having such a huge lapse of not knowing the dance and worse showing it. Even some of the other dancers who have had bad dances and forgotten parts just made it up, but she froze.

That said... I AM irritated that Chaz, Nancy and Rob are still in it, with Chaz in particular. He was decent enough this past week; however, he is pretty flatfooted and almost like that Master B guy. He is staying simply because he has a strong footing in the GLAAD community - not because he's a phenominal dancer. He's even admitted he's hurting right now, and yet he's passed through week after week. Then again - we can blame judges giving him high scores as well.

I've already said my comment about Hope and Maks in more detail elsewhere but I'll say it again - Hope has a life more than dancing, and she is no worse than any of the three I listed above. She is also doing more positive things with her life in the community instead of being a freeloader based on name (Rob K) or a hangman's posse trying people in the media (Nancy Grace). I felt Len's comments were out of line given those circumstances.

Rikki and Derek... I didn't find anything interesting with it.

JR is going to be the next victim in the Hough curse... being a better dancer and lose out to either a Hough or Mark. I have found him more entertaining and a better dancer - and I'm not saying this because he's a Marine who was wounded in the war. I truly feel his dances and he enjoys it.

I like Carson because he's having fun overall and isn't taking it too seriously except in defense of his partner.

I was sorry to see Chynna go, but not at all surprised. I didn't think she had a big fanbase and, coupled with the fact that she was very pretty, elegant and an extremely poised dancer, made her a natural to go home on this show! It's just a personality / underdog contest

I loved Derek / Ricki's dance and JR / Karina.
    THose are the 2 dances I will remember. Brilliant, jaw dropping and mesmerizing to watch.
    Especially the Psycho dance.

And, I loved seeing Julianne back on the stage again.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    He stinks????? I vote for Carson - I love that man. He is what the show is all about - he's very entertaining, he really tries and he is enjoying himself. No way he stinks
    I guess I just don't get his sort of entertainment.

I get that its not so much a dancing show anymore but if its going to be this way, why bother with the serious dancing routines and just let them freestyle every week. One of the things I used to enjoy about the show was watching some of the celebs become better dancers and making that leap. That was entertaining. Now people vote for 'over the top gay guy' because he's humorous and want to see him again. Chynna might not have had a great personality but she was a very good dancer and her dances were entertaining. It stinks that 2 weeks in a row good dancers have all been eliminated while the train wrecks move on. The scores they get should weigh more with the call in votes. Otherwise, whats the point of having the judges vote.

Its bad enough that they are scraping the bottom of the D-List celeb barrel. Do they really have to turn this into a popularity contest/which fan base can call more times as well?

Booo.... Awww, I really like Tony and this year I thought he and Chynna had the potential of going really far...I feel bad for Tony because once along some seasons he gets a great partner, but then he gets stuck with people like Kate Goesslin I don't understand how this show picks which stars gets which pro...for once, just once, can they give Derek someone that is not a ringer or the favourite to win? Maybe if he got a "Kate Goesslin" as a partner I would actually like him. As for Chynna, she was a great dancer, but as a lot of you guys said, I don't think she had the fanbase and as well as the personality.

For those who complain why Chaz, Nancy, Rob, etc. are still here is because of ratings. I really don't understand why this shows need such "controversial" stars to boost their ratings, I remember last season, when they annouce the cast everybody was like "Who are these people?", etc. but that season turned out to be fun and exciting! That season was probably one of my favaourites because they didn't have any "Bristol Palins" (Ew!) But only at the end, I hated when they introduced the "instant cha cha" just to save Mark....If Karina and Ralph were in it, IMO, it would have been the best final 3!!!

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    ......So who of Nancy, Rob, or Chaz will make the finals? I'm betting it'll be one of them......The producers get what they deserve by giving high scores and comments to those 3.....
    Good point. I am so sick of seeing very poor dancers get voted through ahead of better dancers. Nancy drums up her own publicity on her NG show. She is even having her replacements drum up the hype for her. She is spending more + more time on her own show as the weeks progress. I actually hope she wins the whole thing, just so we get a huge negative public backlash and maybe the producers can start to be honest and let the judges vote like they really feel about the dancers. The problem is the producers probably will take her out no matter what the vote total is. They will let her get to near the very end, and then claim she didnt have the votes. This show really is disturbing with the flagrant shady voting by the judges.

IMO...Chaz + NG were horrible in their performances....AGAIN. Chaz again walked + shifted through most of his dance. I give him a little credit for making it up the stairs, which was a producers attempt to show the public, YES, HE CAN CLIMB STAIRS.....geee wizzz....great, but he sure cant dance still. Nancy looked as terrified as usual and was dragged through it by her pro. She did pick up the pace from last week, but still awful IMO. May have not been the worst, but sure wasn't better than some of the people in the bottom 3.

Sorry to vent....but very disappointing.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 10-12-2011 at 05:35 PM.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RickiRick View Post
    Maks should dress up like cowboy each week if that makes Hope happy.
    Forget Hope. If he'd dress up like a cowboy in those tight jeans every week, it would sure make ME happy!
    Last edited by AZChristian; 10-12-2011 at 04:10 PM.
    GoingInCircles and jucamer like this.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    JR is going to be the next victim in the Hough curse... being a better dancer and lose out to either a Hough or Mark. I have found him more entertaining and a better dancer - and I'm not saying this because he's a Marine who was wounded in the war. I truly feel his dances and he enjoys it.
    JR was in the Army, not the Marine Corps.

FORT Fogey

Good dancers always end up in the final 2. Sometimes 3rd place is a fan favoite like Kirsti, last season. And even if two favorites who don't dance well are there, so what? This is entertainment. Carrie Ann even said that directly to Chyna, "This is not a serious dance competition." Her exact words. I don't think the stars are as vested in this as some posters. They are there to promote themselves and the longer they stay the more air time they get. They are looking for buzz. And if a good dancer gets knocked out early they certainly generate the attention they seek!

+ Reply to Thread