+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: 10/11 DWTS 13 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: 10/11 DWTS 13 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Chynna had one bad week but overall she's been doing so well. I didn't think it was her week to go with so many worse dancers left in the competition. DWTS sure isn't what it used to be. This has been a disappointing season.

Something needs to change or I don't know if I'll watch further seasons of the show. I like the idea of pulling a pros name out of a hat each week. It would also be nice to have a few dances where the stars dance with each other instead of their pros, even if it's just for entertainment during the results show.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    I wish there was a way to revamp the scoring. I don't know how, but I'd like CA and Bruno to have their 8, 9, and 10 paddles taken away until the halfway point of the competition. .
    I wish they'd do this show like with American Idol and most other shows - the judges give critique but NO scores that count!! Then we can take what they say OR NOT.

I know Chynna had a bad night but she's been decent up till now. I don't think she should or deserved to go home. I voted for her b/c I had a feeling she was in danger. I'm upset she went home but at least Hope and JR is still there.

I may have to nix this show next season if things keep going as is and they don't change the voting/scoring.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

This show is fluff, it doesn't have a monetary award, nor a dancing contract at the end. It's purely for entertainment. I would rather see someone like Carson or Chaz week after week rather than Ricki, she bores me to tears. If it were truly a dancing competition, they would cast dancers rather than celebrities. SYTYCD is a dancing competition, so the outcome actually means something to the competitors. This show gives the pros a job, and the stars a platform to be seen. A star's popularity is what drives the votes ... ergo Nancy Grace is still there, even though I can't believe she's popular, cannot stand the woman, but a lot of people love her.
    NFL1 and KatesMom like this.

FORT Fanatic

This show has really gone downhill. Who is voting for Carson and Chaz? Their terrible. Chaz has made some minor improvements but Carson stinks every week. Not to mention his over the top gay guy routine is wearing thin. We get it Carson, you're gay. I have nothing against that but its like each week he tries to be gayer then he was the previous week. And Nancy Grace? How could she have fans voting for her? Chynnas messed up dance looked 100 times better then what each one of those three put out there. Such a shame.

The judges voting has ben deplorable too. They go nuts over someones routine and give them a 23. They say someone was just walking out there and they get a 21/22. Im officially sick of Carrie Ann. She picks a couple favorites ever season and then will never do them wrong.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Giggity22 View Post
    This show has really gone downhill. Who is voting for Carson and Chaz? Their terrible. Chaz has made some minor improvements but Carson stinks every week. Not to mention his over the top gay guy routine is wearing thin. We get it Carson, you're gay. I have nothing against that but its like each week he tries to be gayer then he was the previous week. And Nancy Grace? How could she have fans voting for her? Chynnas messed up dance looked 100 times better then what each one of those three put out there. Such a shame.

The judges voting has ben deplorable too. They go nuts over someones routine and give them a 23. They say someone was just walking out there and they get a 21/22. Im officially sick of Carrie Ann. She picks a couple favorites ever season and then will never do them wrong.

He stinks????? I vote for Carson - I love that man. He is what the show is all about - he's very entertaining, he really tries and he is enjoying himself. No way he stinks
    NFL1, Moontat and GoingInCircles like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    He stinks????? I vote for Carson - I love that man. He is what the show is all about - he's very entertaining, he really tries and he is enjoying himself. No way he stinks
    Agreed. He is true joy to watch. I also really like Chaz. I think he has been trying very hard. And I think he actually had fun this week. I agree with whoever said before this really isn't a dancing competition. Never has been for as long as they pit 20 years olds against 60 year olds. It is an entertainment show. Chaz and Carson entertain the heck out of me. Maks entertains me. Even Derek entertains me. I liked Chynna and I had high hopes early on that this might be Tony's year. But she didn't have the fan base. Yes, the judges can be stupid and prejudiced. But as we have seen many times, the person with the lowest score does not go home. Unless they put someone so far below everyone else, it ultimately comes to the fans - as I think it should.

I was surprised so many assumed Hope would be gone. Chynna doesn't surprise me that much--I never heard of her before this show, so I'm sure that is true of other voters. She seemed to be an above average dancer, but wasn't overly interesting or so good that I'll miss her.

As someone else mentioned, the practical question is who will join Ricki and JR in the F3 instead of Chynna? I expected (sadly) for Chaz to finish 4th, now I have to face possibility he could make finals. Of those remaining I'd like to see Hope in finals, but she will need some major improvement. The only other stars left that don't dance like a side show are Rob and sometimes David.

Maks should dress up like cowboy each week if that makes Hope happy.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    I would love to see Carson make the finals, if for any other reason to see his freestyle. He'll show everyone what a freestyle is supposed to look like! Sometimes the worst (or mediocre) dancers are my favorites. Carson is entertaining and memorable. I can't say the same for Chaz, Nancy, or Rob. He has the right attitude for this, is trying, and injects the right amount of humor into his routines since he knows he's not the best, and never will be. If we were basing it on dancing, Hope, Ricki, and J.R. should be the final 3. However, I know it won't be Hope, so I'm hoping the third spot goes to Carson or David. We know it's supposed to be a dancing competition, but it's not a real one, and obviously everyone has their own reasons for voting for whoever. I think Carson deserved to stay, but Chynna should not have gone over Rob and Chaz (who just walked through their routines), and Nancy (same can-do spirit and respectful nature as Carson, but boring). Going back to Chynna, I guess she didn't have the fanbase after all.

In regards to the judges, if they just started critiquing and not scoring, I'd be fine with that. I hope they never introduce a judges save (because if we had one, that probably would have gone for the Spaz last week; so not only would Chynna have left, we'd still be stuck with him). Their scores and opinions are just meaningless, and watching it on replay last night I can see why. On Strictly Come Dancing, Len is Mr. Nice Guy, so this whole Mr. Nasty is one bad act. But he didn't have to be that bad. I do appreciate his input more than the other two, and think getting a 9 or 10 from him is more meaningful.

I'm just mad Len made Anna cry

Last night's show was a snooze. All that hype over Julianne returning, and for what?
    Last edited by karalott; 10-12-2011 at 01:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Giggity22 View Post

Well it isnt about dancing anymore. Seeing Chaz huff and puff up some stairs is not my idea of entertainment.I recorded it, and just FF most of it.I adore Carson, if this has become a charade, I vote for him to win! I was not surprised about Chynna, because I said before, no matter the dance, she always looked the same.Tony looked very po'd.I think Ricki and JR will be the last two..Derek's choreography to Physco was fabulous
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 10-12-2011 at 02:08 PM.

+ Reply to Thread