+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: 10/4 DWTS 13 'Encore' and Results Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

FORT Fan

Re: 10/4 DWTS 13 'Encore' and Results Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    I was feeling under the weather during the show and fell asleep so I missed which couple got the encore dance last night? Who was it?
    Chynna and Tony.

I've watched this show so long I root for the pro every time. I hope Tony or Maks wins this time, both have put up with so many conkers they deserve a break. I'm fine now that Mark is gone tired of his show off antics. Derek seems to be more into his partner this year rather than himself. He is the best dancer, lets face it. Ricki is a good dancer but not as good as she thinks. I'm looking forward to seeing Cher in the audiance next week. It would be a blast to see her perform for DWTS.

Quote Originally Posted by VanJagSol View Post
    I don't care for Mark but I HATE when the absolutely undeniably worst dancer doesn't get voted off. I wonder how Chaz feels. I would feel so bad knowing I sucked and someone who was clearly better than I went home before me!!

I hate that it is a popularity contest and not a dance contest. Sad.
    Because I have watched the show so long I know it is not on the up and up with the judges. Agree hate to see bad dancers like Chaz and Nancy stick around so long. On Nancy's HLN show she was asking viewers to vote for her, everything she earns on DWTS will go to abused children. I give her credit donating her winnings to this cause, but please don't try to win this way! I'm sure the judges will give her glowing remarks, not fair nor is it fair for Chaz to get great remarks because of his situation, again, not fair. The show is what it is, nothing fair about it.

I don't know if having Cher using Twitter last night announcing that she would be in the audience next week - IF Chaz made it through - was the catalyst that pushed him through one more week. But, it sure didn't hurt. I don't dislike Chaz the person, but I don't enjoy watching his performances. Yes, it is a popularity contest in many ways, but I would at least like to see those who really show improvement each week get a fair shake. I see many of them really trying, and I won't say that Chaz isn't giving his best, but I am not seeing any improvement from week to week. And I certainly don't see the enthusiasm coming from him that you see in Carson and some of the others.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by catzy View Post
    Chynna and Tony.
    Thanks!
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

At the end of the day, it is a popularity contest, pure and simple. It will never be any different with fan voting. Tom and Brooke always say to vote for your favorite - and what one person defines as their favorite will be completely different than someone else. I can't remember who said it a few seasons back, but it really made sense to me - it all works out in the end. Every season, someone goes a bit before their time. Every season someone stays a little long to the party. At the end of the day, unless the producers manipulated like they did last season, Mark and Kristin were not going to be in the finals. They didn't have the fans. And at the end of the day, are either Nancy or Chaz going to be in the finals? Nope, they aren't. Generally, the best dancers make it into the finals. And generally one of the best dancers wins in the end. What happens from week to week this early on just doesn't matter, in the grand scheme of things for this show.
    Allie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by VanJagSol View Post
    I don't care for Mark but I HATE when the absolutely undeniably worst dancer doesn't get voted off. I wonder how Chaz feels. I would feel so bad knowing I sucked and someone who was clearly better than I went home before me!!

I hate that it is a popularity contest and not a dance contest. Sad.
    This sentiment bugs me, and I see it every season. Chaz has nothing to feel bad about. He went out there and gave it his all. The fans voted for him. I hope what he feels is grateful that fans are supporting him - and motivated to continue trying to do his best not to let them down.
    Allie and AZChristian like this.

FORT Fogey

I really don't mind a bad dancer sticking around if they are taking it seriously, giving their all, working hard and trying their best... those like Chloris Leachman, Master P, and others who make more of a mockery of the situation and not try to truly learn the dances or get better THOSE are the ones that I scream to get off my TV!!

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    This sentiment bugs me, and I see it every season. Chaz has nothing to feel bad about. He went out there and gave it his all. The fans voted for him. I hope what he feels is grateful that fans are supporting him - and motivated to continue trying to do his best not to let them down.
    Did he give it his best? I didn't see that. I think his knees are hurting( amongst other things) and I dont think he could give his best given these aches and pains

See your point, Fanny Mare. We will have to agree to disagree. I do think he is giving it his best and really trying. He is overweight, he is hurt and he has never danced before. That being said, I think he is trying. Is he good? No, he's not. But I respect him for trying and I find his attitude through this entire experience so far, admirable. I also find something very endearing about him - someone else mentioned teddy-bear like. He is very much out of his comfort zone and you can tell. I did not find Kristin enjoyable - and I don't think Mark does her any favors. For someone who actually wants a career in showbiz, she was not overly personable. And Mark consistently dances around his partner and makes it about him. I get that he is trying to make a name for himself - but this is not the venue to do that. This is the venue to showcase your partner. Mark doesn't do that, and it makes me see him as less of a choreographer - because he can't design a dance to showcase them and not himself.
    ness, Allie and AZChristian like this.

+ Reply to Thread