+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: 10/3 Show Discussion DWTS 13 *West Coast Spoilers*

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: 10/3 Show Discussion DWTS 13 *West Coast Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I believe Hope said that the song she chose was something her team listened to before the games last year, so it did have something to do with her story in basically the same way Rob's did (it was a favorite of his late father's) and Nancy's did (she walked down the aisle to "Moon River" and it was the first lullaby she ever sang to her twins). Really, it would make more sense to skip the whole storyline aspect of the week in the future and just let contestants choose songs that were especially meaningful to them and fit the song and dance together without trying to tell a story (which most of them didn't do anyway). They can still explain why the song is important to them in the interview/rehearsal footage.
    Hope said that her team listened to that song to pump themselves up mentally. Kristin's backstory was graduating high school and choosing Hollywood over college I can't say graduating wasn't the best year of my life either, but it kind of paled in comparision to the other stories.

I thought Brooke was getting slightly better but last night she was back to being the Brooke we've had since season 10-the one who can't wing it, can't read a teleprompter, can't tell when the cast is totally mocking her, can't ask anything other than what the couple wants, how did they feel after getting their a** handed to them, and oh, she did the show too.

FORT Fogey

I wish some team would immediately tell Brooke, before she has a chance to open her mouth to answer a question, that their scores were exactly what they wanted, they loved what the judges said, and they felt great out there just like she did when she was dancing with Derek. Then they could just stare at her while she tried to function without her three favorite lines of inquiry/commentary.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    Hope said that her team listened to that song to pump themselves up mentally. Kristin's backstory was graduating high school and choosing Hollywood over college I can't say graduating wasn't the best year of my life either, but it kind of paled in comparision to the other stories.

I thought Brooke was getting slightly better but last night she was back to being the Brooke we've had since season 10-the one who can't wing it, can't read a teleprompter, can't tell when the cast is totally mocking her, can't ask anything other than what the couple wants, how did they feel after getting their a** handed to them, and oh, she did the show too.
    I am definitely not a fan of Kristin's, but I saw this sentiment a few times last night. I think she was at a disadvantage no matter what she did. She is what - 21 or 22? She just hasn't had the life experiences yet. For someone that young, that probably is pretty significant - but pales in comparison to some of the other life stories. I guess if it was me, maybe I would have picked being dumped by my fiance out of the blue! But other than that - she really hasn't even lived yet. Give her time.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Brooke was more annoying, she is just awful! she ask the questions in such a way, that she doesnt care what the answer is.Terrible host
    Gawd...I thought I was the only one annoyed to the nth degree when Brooke does this. She asks a question of a contestant, they responsd with a heartfelt answer and Brooke simply turns her head with a blank, expressionless could care less attitude on her face, completely ignoring the answer as she moves onto the next segment of the show. Geez, if you don't care one iota about the answer, then why ask the FRIKKIN' question, Brooke???
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    Gawd...I thought I was the only one annoyed to the nth degree when Brooke does this. She asks a question of a contestant, they responsd with a heartfelt answer and Brooke simply turns her head with a blank, expressionless could care less attitude on her face, completely ignoring the answer as she moves onto the next segment of the show. Geez, if you don't care one iota about the answer, then why ask the FRIKKIN' question, Brooke???
    Exactly, and please don't have something written down you cannot read.She danced she won, end of!

Are they short of a host in LA now?

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I wish some team would immediately tell Brooke, before she has a chance to open her mouth to answer a question, that their scores were exactly what they wanted, they loved what the judges said, and they felt great out there just like she did when she was dancing with Derek. Then they could just stare at her while she tried to function without her three favorite lines of inquiry/commentary.
    This would be the Best. Thing. Ever.

NFL1 likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

"Femininity" and "Hope" are just 2 words that don't belong together in the same sentence. Her dance was homely, and .

I was bothered by David having his shirt open. Another !

I don't have a lot of use for Ricki Lake, but Derek and his choreography and his moves....
    He's just GOT it and, at some point, his partners usually CATCH it...at least, in part! Seriously, I just really appreciate a naturally talented person.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    "Femininity" and "Hope" are just 2 words that don't belong together in the same sentence. Her dance was homely, and .

I don't have a lot of use for Ricki Lake, but Derek and his choreography and his moves....
    He's just GOT it and, at some point, his partners usually CATCH it...at least, in part! Seriously, I just really appreciate a naturally talented person.

No way is Hope or her dancing homely?

I adore David and his dancing - he can have his shirt open any time (he's not Maks but I wouldn't throw him out).

The only thing I agree with is Derek is talented. But I still don't like him
    karalott and nanarama like this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

It's OK with me if we agree to disagree!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post

Derek is THE best.I am so happy he's back. Hes a great dancer and choreographer!

I agree with you about David and Hope ..

+ Reply to Thread