+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: 10/3 Show Discussion DWTS 13 *West Coast Spoilers*

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Re: 10/3 Show Discussion DWTS 13 *West Coast Spoilers*

I don't know if it was because I was tired, had to watch so many rumbas, or if all the back stories made me feel depressed but the show was not very exciting tonight. I always look forward to Monday nights and seeing how every one has improved but tonight was just kinda blah.

Rob K has improved these last two weeks, and he didn't seem so cocky tonight so I did enjoy his dance. Never thought I'd say that but hey, a woman has the right to change her mind right?

Other than Carson and JR, there was just something off with all the other dancers. Kristin's legs or feet don't seem to match what her upper body is doing. Chaz, while I do love his positive attitude, he barely moved on the dance floor and that song was gawd awful. Even Chynna and Ricki looked awkward at times during their dances. Missed Nancy's dance and really didn't get all the praise for David.

I wanna like Hope but she isn't all that impressive. Perhaps if she looked like she was having fun that would make a difference, she looks way too serious and hard while on the dance floor. Same with Ricki, she makes the oddest faces.

Carson makes me smile and he did awesome! I really enjoyed his tango and boy did he work it!

JR, oh my. I was bawling along with the rest of you. That was very touching and beautiful to watch and he should be very proud of how well he did. Even with the burns he really is a very handsome man and I find myself not even noticing the scars. Everyone needs a JR in their life--someone who is optimistic, inspirational, charismatic and a beautiful soul. I agree that this is his to lose. I said that to my son last week--that he would win. How can you root against someone with so much going for him?

As for who is going home, that's a tough one. It should be Chaz, although I had hoped he'd stick around long enough to lose some weight and gained the motivation to get himself in shape. Audrina went out week 3 didn't she? So perhaps Kristin could be in jeopardy also.

I dont like all these back stories, I don't feel the need for them. I thought Ricki and Derek were great! she is so trusting of her partner and it really shows.Carson, I adore him, adore him! He did well tonight.Also, Rob improved, so kudos to him and Cheryl I think Hope is hopeless.Maks has tried, but she is so stiff.

Chaz should go home, he stood around while Lacy danced around him (I thought the same of David and Kym) I think he scored too high. Meh.It was an okay show I really did enjoy Derek and Ricki. more than last week

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Finally made it through all the dances, but I could have just skipped it this week because the comments here were better than the actual show. I muted the judges/Brooke, but too much over scoring going on. I don't know if any dance was really worth a 9, but once again, I would have only given it to J.R.

Kristin and Ricki are more of the same for me. I know many feel the long time pros could use a break because they're starting to get stale and their choreography isn't exciting and just blends together. That's how I feel about Mark. First off, I think he's worn that actual outfit before. Second, just like last season, it's too much about him wanting everyone to see what he can do, and his partner's progress is an afterthought. I think Mark forgets it's really supposed to be about her, not about the two of them together and that he can pick up any slack. He only seems to be happy when he's got a partner with potential. I find Kristin boring and forgettable. She's probably one of the top 3 dancers, but I don't think I'd notice if she was gone next week. I expected more from her samba, but I think she'll just coast on Mark's dancing and popularity. I think anything Derek does the judges will like, no matter who his partner is. I don't think Ricki's rumba was worth three 9s. And I think I figured out why I'm not liking her-something about him rubs off on his partners, and it makes them hard to watch. Since Julianne is coming back next week to promote Footloose, I wonder if Mark will really kick it into overdrive since both his BFFs have gotten movie deals and he hasn't been noticed to that degree yet.

I think Hope, for whatever reason, had high expectations coming into this season. Or rather, people had high expectations for her. She isn't as bad of a dancer as she claimed to be, and watching contestants like her is what I love about this show-someone with little to no dance experience, completely outside of their comfort zone, and who have potential to get better and better. I hope next week she has a ballroom dance. I thought her VW was her best dance yet, though I didn't think her jive was terrible. Her cha cha was lacking, but given the other scores, I think it was fair. I still worry she's on the chopping block. Chaz-I said it last week, but bless his heart. He really needs to be the one to go tomorrow, because his dancing just isn't. He at least moved but Lacey did more dancing around him. I like him and admire his attitude, and think he really is an inspiration. But I don't want him to become a laughingstock. I'd rather him go out like this before he starts getting bashed on for outlasting better dancers. Speaking of inspiration-I used to have to FF through the opening and ending of Cold Case, I can't turn the channel fast enough when the ASPCA commercials come on, so of course I bawled during J.R.'s rumba. He is just a beautiful man inside and out with so much heart and will. I can only hope that he can touch people who may be in the exact same spot he's in, or who are just really down on their luck with life. Definitely deserved (again) to be the top scorer. I think the judges will have a hard time ever criticizing him, even if he deserves it. Nancy's story made me shed a few tears, too. I used to always get annoyed watching her show, and she'd start sounding like she was trying to sound emotional when she was talking about a case. But it was hard to feel annoyed tonight. I won't be voting for her, but I do give her credit. ABC, you better keep Tristan around next season as a pro.

Chynna-beautiful rumba, getting better, and showing more personality than I ever expected from pre-season interviews. I'm so happy for Tony. He doesn't get partnerships where he can laugh and be happy and enjoy himself too often. I thought her rumba was a slight improvement on her jive, but she's definitely getting there. I think I would have given it straight 8s. Rob-no, it wasn't worth 3 8s, but I hate saying that he also looked to show improvement. I still don't like him or Cheryl, so I won't be sorry if they're gone tomorrow. But he seems to be taking this more seriously than in week 1, and he does dance better than Kim, if ever so slightly. Maybe all this judges love and overscoring is an attempt to help him get out from under his sister's shadows and make a name for himself. At least in the celebrity ballroom dancing world. Carson-very, very happy with his performance. Still brought the funny and charm, but totally had the serious character for the tango. I'm glad he isn't just taking this as a joke, but is trying, and wants to do his best, both for him and Anna. David-still shocked he was in the bottom 2 last week. Makes me wonder how long he is for this show, or if that'll scare voters into voting for him. My second favorite rumba of the night. I think he's safe for this week. I'm thinking it'll be any of Chaz, Rob, Nancy, Hope (*sob*), or Kristin. And note to ABC-can we drop story week, best/worst year/day/minute of my life, or anything else that inspires back stories to where you can do the hokey pokey but the judges will still give you 10s because they feel sorry for you?
    Blues Songstres likes this.

I thought Chynna was the same as last week.She has a lovely partner in Tony, and the visual is very nice, but the dancing? I dont think she's that good, or maybe I am just tired.
    Shoepie and Blues Songstres like this.

Wow! Looking at JR after the dance, it's clear that he went to a very difficult place emotionally in that dance! Beautifully done , and i just waant to send him a ton of love!
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Sorry if this is a double-post, but I'm watching after everybody's gone to bed. :-/

re: Ricky and Derek. I thought they did a great job. It was very polished and told the story well, but I'm surprised (not really) that Carrie Ann didn't bust them for the accidental lift at the end. Her feet weren't even close to the ground.

re: Hope and Maks. I really liked the dance and thought they did a good job as well, but she needs to work on her posture. She's all hunched over, even when she's trying to stand up straight, and it ruins otherwise good dancing.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    Sorry if this is a double-post, but I'm watching after everybody's gone to bed. :-/

re: Ricky and Derek. I thought they did a great job. It was very polished and told the story well, but I'm surprised (not really) that Carrie Ann didn't bust them for the accidental lift at the end. Her feet weren't even close to the ground.

re: Hope and Maks. I really liked the dance and thought they did a good job as well, but she needs to work on her posture. She's all hunched over, even when she's trying to stand up straight, and it ruins otherwise good dancing.
    I feel like posture is what had done most of the athletes in, except for the skaters and Shawn. In fact, aside from Apolo, Shawn, Evan, Kristi, and some of the NFL alumni that's done the show, athletes in general don't do so hot. I think Hope doing better than most people think, but she does seem to have a few set backs, and posture is one thing she needs to work on. I also think she's insecure, and that's showing, because she needs to just let loose and have good time. I don't doubt she's having fun, but she also seems to be trying too hard to make sure it's technically right.

FORT Fogey

Kristin is not well known and I expect an upset with her going before her skill would dictate. This week, perhaps but most likely in the next two. Who is going to be calling for her? After reading her bio I still have no clue about who she is. The judges scores must be keeping her there. I am unclear on how much weight they carry.

Chaz is the likely elimination tonight. Even his fans must see that his injury is prohibiting any improvement.

Ricki is my favorite. I adore everything about her, always have. I loved hearing about her love story; very sweet.

FORT Fogey

I actually watched the whole dancing part which is rare. I usually ff through so much of this show. I root for David, Carson, and JR. I enjoy them the most, and I think they all seem like interesting inspirational people. Chynna and Tony would be next on my root list. Kristin, Ricki, Hope, Chaz, and Nancy I just do not care about. I would love Kristin or Hope to go home, but any of those four would be fine. I want Nancy to stick around just because I love Tristan. He and his accent keep more watching him.

On a side note, I love Karina more and more after being paired with Ralph and JR. She has been so harsh in the past, and she seems to have matured really well. I hope it lasts. Perhaps she has finally gotten to a happy spot in her life.

Maks and Hope's dance was just icky to me. I am sorry to say it but I still think Chaz is more feminine than her. She is very uncomfortable to watch trying to be sexy.
    Shoepie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by moflan View Post
    Off topic, but here in the Philadelphia market, they just ran an ad for prescription drug for depression (I guess). Listening to the side effects, I wonder if the "cure" is worse than living with the disease. If something gives you suicidal thoughts, you'd better hope you are able to get off the darn drug before you follow through with those thoughts. Do they think many of the DWTS viewers need to take this drug?
    Of course! We have to sit through watching Mark every Monday and Tuesday night....
    ness, Shoepie and AZChristian like this.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

+ Reply to Thread