+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: 10/3 Show Discussion DWTS 13 *West Coast Spoilers*

Re: 10/3 Show Discussion DWTS 13 *West Coast Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    Interesting night with the scores. A lot of 24s, but only 3 couples that are higher than that, then there's Chaz at the bottom and Nancy and Carson bringing up the rear. Based on scores, Chaz could be in trouble, but I think the fan votes will save him. I'm hoping Rob is gone, but could we be in for a surprise elimination tomorrow?
    That's the problem -- if Chaz still has a big fanbase, then it will definitely be a surprise elimination no matter who goes. Maybe David won't be spared this time, or maybe even Hope or Nancy is in trouble. Hard to predict this week, but I think Chaz will go.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fogey

Interesting night with the scores. A lot of 24s, but only 3 couples that are higher than that, then there's Chaz at the bottom and Nancy and Carson bringing up the rear. Based on scores, Chaz could be in trouble, but I think the fan votes will save him. I'm hoping Rob is gone, but could we be in for a surprise elimination tomorrow?
    If Len hadn't been grumpy, Carson would have had a 24 too--he's only a point behind the pack. Nancy (21) and Chaz (18) are the only ones considerably behind the bunching up of the middle of the pack. However, if Nancy and Chaz have firm fan bases, someone in the middle of the pack might go. Still, six points is a lot of ground for Chaz to make up.

JR made me cry. That story and that song did it. The dancing is awesome
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    That's the problem -- if Chaz still has a big fanbase, then it will definitely be a surprise elimination no matter who goes. Maybe David won't be spared this time, or maybe even Hope or Nancy is in trouble. Hard to predict this week, but I think Chaz will go.
    It's hard to say where Chaz's fanbase is. Obviously, he's touched on people's emotions like J.R., and has his own unique story to tell and why's doing this. Plus, at a time when we hear stories of bullied gay and transgendered teens competing suicide all over the news, there may be the political movement from those backing those organizations to keep him in. Dance wise, he is the worst, though if we lost Rob, we're not losing much. I worry the most about Hope. I think David could get spared due to his being in the actual bottom 2 last week. It's possible tonight was Carson or Nancy's last dance (truthfully I wouldn't be that surprised to see her go), or maybe Kristin. Those would be the ones I would expect to see in danger. I feel like Ricki, J.R., and Chynna are the safest.

It's hard to say where Chaz's fanbase is. Obviously, he's touched on people's emotions like J.R., and has his own unique story to tell and why's doing this. Plus, at a time when we hear stories of bullied gay and transgendered teens competing suicide all over the news, there may be the political movement from those backing those organizations to keep him in. Dance wise, he is the worst, though if we lost Rob, we're not losing much. I worry the most about Hope. I think David could get spared due to his being in the actual bottom 2 last week. It's possible tonight was Carson or Nancy's last dance (truthfully I wouldn't be that surprised to see her go), or maybe Kristin. Those would be the ones I would expect to see in danger. I feel like Ricki, J.R., and Chynna are the safest.
    I would prefer it if Kristin were in jeopardy, even though Carson, David, Nancy and Chaz are worse dancers. But it seems like everyone has some kind of fanbase this season -- that could be Kristin's weakness. I think it's going to be a close call no matter who goes.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I would prefer it if Kristin were in jeopardy, even though Carson, David, Nancy and Chaz are worse dancers. But it seems like everyone has some kind of fanbase this season -- that could be Kristin's weakness. I think it's going to be a close call no matter who goes.
    Hope doesn't seem to be getting as much attention as some of the other celebs, and I'd also say the same about Kristin. Ricki has Derek, Chaz, J.R., David, and Nancy are all well known or have their angles. Rob I guess has his last name, though I don't think he's long for the show, even if he does survive this week. So I worry that Hope may be the one to find herself in jeopardy. Maks is popular enough that I think having him might benefit her, but Maks has had early exits before in recent seasons. I think Hope is trying, and putting her all into it, but unfortuantely, I don't think Maks has the mirrorball this season.
    Last edited by karalott; 10-03-2011 at 10:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Yeah, but Sonny did wear vests like that back in the day, so I just assumed he was trying to channel his dad.
    True...it still scares me. Reminded me more of Fred Flintstone than his dad. Guess he needed the mustache to channel Sonny.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Hope doesn't seem to be getting as much attention as some of the other celebs, and I'd also say the same about Kristin. Ricki has Derek, Chaz, J.R., David, and Nancy are all well known or have their angles. Rob I guess has his last name, though I don't think he's long for the show, even if he does survive this week. So I worry that Hope may be the one to find herself in jeopardy. Maks is popular enough that I think having him might benefit her, but Maks has had early exits before in recent seasons. I think Hope is trying, and putting her all into it, but unfortuantely, I don't think Maks has the mirrorball this season.
    Yeah, I figure Hope has Maks' fans to lean on for a while, which she needs a lot more than Ricki needs Derek's. But she's not final 3 material. Kirstie acquited herself on the floor in the last half of her season, so it at least made sense for her to go so far. I just don't see it with Hope, unless she has some crazy grassroots campaign going for her like Shawn Johnson did. But I doubt it.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

J.R. should take it all. He is deserving, in every way. Of the ladies, Chyna is the queen of dance. They are all getting better each week. I think the judges were quite fair tonight, except Ricci was over scored...no surprise there. Derek or Mark are taking away from their partners. I wouldn't give them a vote. Carson surprised me. He deserves another chance. Rob was better, but I'd like him or Nancy gone before some of the others. Chaz should be gone tomorrow, but will he?

Yeah, I figure Hope has Maks' fans to lean on for a while, which she needs a lot more than Ricki needs Derek's. But she's not final 3 material. Kirstie acquited herself on the floor in the last half of her season, so it at least made sense for her to go so far. I just don't see it with Hope, unless she has some crazy grassroots campaign going for her like Shawn Johnson did. But I doubt it.
    I think Hope is one of the better tier dancers, or at least has the most potential. I just don't think dancing and being girly is for her. Shawn had a lot of advantages going for her, more so than Hope does. I think Hope is absolutely sweet and I enjoy her partnership with Maks. I just think that her time is running out unless she gives a wow worthy performance in the next week or so. Kristin also has Mark to lean on, though I'm on the fence about where his popularity is. Chaz may not be delivering the type of controversy and ratings the show hoped for, like they had with other notable contestants in the past. So they may figure get rid of him. Right now I think J.R.'s the only one who has a lock on the finals, barring a shocker. I think Ricki will probably make it, but I'm up in the air with everyone else. Carson may be a worse dancer than Hope, but he has the comedy aspect, and people can get behind bad dancers who have heart and charisma over middle of the pack ones that don't bring that same charm. I know Maks wanted to take this season off originally, so now that his brother is gone, makes me wonder if a part of him is just done? I feel like Hope will get lost in the shuffle of more popular pros or memorable celebs.

+ Reply to Thread