+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: 10/3 Show Discussion DWTS 13 *West Coast Spoilers*

Re: 10/3 Show Discussion DWTS 13 *West Coast Spoilers*

JR's dance and song was so moving and I loved how long the show allowed the applause go on before the judges weighed in. Just cast a few votes and was able to get through without a busy signal.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Can we keep Tristan and get rid of Mark? Pretty please with treacle on top? Or would Guinness be better?
    Works for me!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    I figured J.R. would nail it. I sometimes hate that a winner is so obvious this early on, but I agree it's his to lose. Not only for the dancing, but the likeability factor. I realized last week, that you don't even pay attention to his injuries because J.R. doesn't let them stop him. Being in a world where everyone's so vain and looks and low weight are crucial, he's doing very well for himself and proving a point. Karina isn't my favorite pro, but I'd be happy for J.R. to win this. I think he's got the finals locked up at least.
    It bothers me less in his case, because it's not like there was any reason to expect that he'd necessarily be as good as he is, and so far, at least, nobody's so far ahead of the pack that they might as well hand over the trophy already. Plus, he just seems like a really nice guy who isn't trying to make this all about "overcoming adversity." He doesn't trade on that at all, which makes me like him even more. As you said, it doesn't take long at all to get past the injury factor, because his whole manner practically insists that you do. I heard a little snippet of an interview with Karina, who said that naturally, at first, you can't help but wonder about what he went through but after maybe five minutes, you forget about what he looks like, because he's got such a great smile and sense of humor about everything.

I'll give Nancy credit for trying hard and taking it seriously. But I didn't see a story in the dance, and it was a pretty basic waltz. And the judges are right about her lack of extension and follow-through.

Also, I still can't reconcile this Nancy Grace with the witch talking head on the news channels.
    Rattus likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

This is nice and really sweet.

Nancy's doing really nicely.

I enjoyed that.

And her face was just GLOWING!

Her twins are CUTE 'lil rascals!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    Some of these backstories are tearing me up.

Well, she looks pretty, tonight.

I WANT TRISTAN!
    Nancy does look pretty tonight, and they did a much better job of supporting her girls. Considering what happened last week, however, Len should probably have rephrased "no extra appendages flopping about."

I'm not a Nancy Grace fan or anything, but honestly, I thought she'd be a lot worse dance and personality wise than she is. She's a huge improvement in both categories over someone like Kate Gosselin.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Nancybelle: She looks like the mother-of-the-bride tonight....in not the best dress, either. The dance was her first dance after the wedding.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Seems right.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Nancy does look pretty tonight, and they did a much better job of supporting her girls. Considering what happened last week, however, Len should probably have rephrased "no extra appendages flopping about."

I'm not a Nancy Grace fan or anything, but honestly, I thought she'd be a lot worse dance and personality wise than she is. She's a huge improvement in both categories over someone like Kate Gosselin.
    Yeah.

OH, yeah.

It really is amazing to realize that she does have a softer side, and how much trying hard at this means to her.

It's good to see.

Is it wrong that I hope that Derek gets caught up in Ricki's dress and take a tumble??
    karalott, psucashcow, ness and 2 others like this.

+ Reply to Thread