+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: 9/26 Show Discussion DWTS 13 *West Coast Spoilers*

Re: 9/26 Show Discussion DWTS 13 *West Coast Spoilers*

I love Len tonight - especially with his Quick Step comments. After Nancy danced, he yelled out - FINALLY a quick step. When Carrie Ann started to say she liked razzmatazz, I thought he would hit her. This is the second week he and CA have got into a heated argument. It's not Bruno bouncing out of his chair we have to be wary of this season, it's Len and Carrie Ann getting into fisticuffs.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    I love Len tonight - especially with his Quick Step comments. After Nancy danced, he yelled out - FINALLY a quick step. When Carrie Ann started to say she liked razzmatazz, I thought he would hit her. This is the second week he and CA have got into a heated argument. It's not Bruno bouncing out of his chair we have to be wary of this season, it's Len and Carrie Ann getting into fisticuffs.
    It's why I care the least what CA has to say. She has no idea what she's talking about, and probably does prefer the pros who break the rules than those who are traditional. I'm waiting for the season for her to get a smackdown and look like an idiot She already takes a beating on twitter for her lack of judging skills. I can't wait to see her defending herself this week! I'm surprised Bruno of all people doesn't have twitter. He's harmless. Annoying, sometimes downright cruel, and sometimes giving Mark a run for his money in the attitude and ego department, but he's better than CA.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Based on tonight's show, I think Elizabetta should go. She is obviously miserable and doesn't like Val at all. He is going to have to learn how to keep the "stars" happy if he is going to be successful on this show. He should be pouring on the charm with her and bringing out her abilities because she does have some natural grace and she is in shape. It is that she is so unhappy as to why she isn't dancing well.

Work's been so crazy the past week, I'm finally able to watch the DVRd show uninterrupted now...

I don't know about Hope, I wonder if she's ever going to be able to de-learn her soccer moves and re-learn how to move like a dancer. As much as it makes me choke to say it, I thought Kristin did really well, in spite of Mark's usual over-the-top rule-breaking choreography and scene-stealing. His non-defense defense was inexcusable; he'd rather cost his partner points than tone down his nutty impulses? He should be booted from the show.

You just wanna hug David and pat his head, but he & Carson & Rob all suffer from the common problem of being male dancers who can't create the illusion that their female partners aren't really leading them around. Elisabetta is very pretty, but that gets you nowhere on this show if you're not 100% there. And Val's way of harshing on her during rehearsals lacks some of the charm and compassion of Maks' harshness. (Also, I want to shoot the rhythm guitarist for getting the riff completely wrong on The Pretenders' "Don't Get Me Wrong.")

Rob...just ick. Saying he was the best-dancing Kardashian isn't much a compliment. I thought he was over-praised and over-scored. (And maybe I wasn't paying attention last week, but I never noticed how out-of-shape he was until he brought it up this week). I love Carson, but I'm so afraid of what his tangos and paso doble will look like. He's really going to need to butch it up on the floor. (Len's knife-and-fork analogy had me on the floor)

I don't think people want to admit it, but Derek is showing us this season what he can do with a mediocre partner. He's doing with Ricki what he does with every partner: he makes them commit 100% to making big, ballsy moves, and he choreographs moves that make them look like dancers, even if they go a little outside the box. (He also spends just as much time making the transitions smooth, which is where Cheryl broke down with Rob). Of course some won't be happy until he's partnered with a corpse just to feel the satisfaction, but I'm really enjoying Ricki's progress so far.

I hope Chaz gets a less strenuous dance next week, but I think we can see what's coming soon...I just hope he doesn't do any permanent damage to himself. But he really has a nice relationship with Lacey on the floor; she's been very smart at making him look good and in command. (And I don't give Lacey compliments that often)

Could this finally be Tony's year with Chynna? He's going to have to work her a lot harder, but they have the potential to make it to the finals. But it will be hard to beat J.R.'s story when it comes to fan votes. But either celeb has what it takes to take the trophy. Early prediction for a Chynna-J.R.-Ricki final three?

As for Nancy, well, I hope she goes soon. Whatever she learns from this experience, I doubt it's going to make her a better person on her own show. So I hope she's enjoying herself, because that makes one of us. That being said, she did a good quickstep tonight.

I'm so over Carrie-Ann, I don't know what to say anymore. At least Bruno says things that make sense in the context of dancing. She's just a train-wreck. I'm tired of complaining about her and Brooke. Sigh.
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 09-27-2011 at 05:17 AM.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fogey

I love to watch JR, Chyna, Carson, Chaz, Ricki, Nancy, and Rob.

I want off the show Elizabetta, Hope, and Kristin in any order.

Elizabetta is coming off as a witch, Hope just am not warming to, and Kristin I have never liked.

JR is amazing and I love he and Karina together. She has gotten two great partners in JR and Ralph and I think they are softening her up a lot. Chaz bugged me a little last night, but I still am interested, I loved Rob smiling. I still think the guy is as useless to tv as his sisters, but I like when someone opens up. I do not care for Nancy, but I want her partner to stick around long enough to get another season, and his accent is dreamy. This is the first time I have enjoyed Derek. I love that he is making Ricki push herself to succeed.

I hope Elizabetta, Kristin, or Hope goes tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    Elisabetta-yikes. ... She's on here to distance herself from Clooney and to make a name for herself. It won't happen, and she'll forever be linked to Clooney.
    No kidding. I didn't even see her dance because as soon as she came on screen, Mr. Rattus started in on my nightly foot rub, and we started arguing about Clooney and the nature of fame.
    ness likes this.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tango7 View Post
    Hmmm, Nancy did a decent job.

(I notice a lot of people in audience not applauding. Do they dislike her that much? How about the performance, and Tristan?)
    as I watched that end part of their dance, it looked they had to do some last minute editing.... I think Nancy had a wardrobe malfunction, so the cameras were all over the place, not on the couple. Also, the shot of people sitting in the audience... no clapping, no expressions.... looked "spliced in" to me. Even the shots of Nancy's kids and husband seemed odd. And when Bruno said "top-heavy", there was some audience chatter.... so I think it was in reference to a "peekaboo" moment. Not a big deal... but I wish they would have addressed it so as the ending didn't look so odd.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Saw an article this morning that the reason for the odd "audience with no reaction" shot during Nancy's critique was a "wardrobe malfunction" that they were covering with a quick stock footage shot. Apparently Miss Nancy had a bit of a "nip slip" . . . .

I don't like Nancy on her evening show. It's annoying how much she talks over her panel, etc. But I've been aware of her since they covered one of her trials in Georgia on CourtTV, when she was a prosecutor there. And I've watched her "Swift Justice" daytime show. As much as she can be a holy terror when her prosecutor hat is on, she's one person I'd want on my side if I were an innocent party in a court case. She's a bulldog.

And I think this show has done a lot to acquaint people with who she is as a person (rather than as a personality). Think about it. Kate G's appearance simply reinforced what everyone thought of how obnoxious and self-centered she is. Lots of people are now saying, "I didn't think I'd like Nancy, but . . . "

ITA with Kara about Elisabetta.

SURE, she's only on here to distance herself from the GC debacle because she stepped in it so badly with her "I want to be married!" comment, and he dumped her for that (apparently and supposedly). BECAUSE of that, I absolutely DO believe she came on here to try to do damage control and carve out a public persona for herself that gives her her OWN separate identity, rather than just a identity that marks/defines her as Clooney's woman.

The problem and sad fact is --- at least in MY view and opinion --- that Elisabetta really didn't understand before she agreed to do this, that, model though she may be and may have been, she really was not what the general public here would have considered as being well-known in her OWN right BEFORE she hooked up with GC. Yep, the general public DOES only think of her as being only GC's GF, I believe, and the one he kicked to the curb when she became too clingy for his taste.

Hell, let's face it . . . If that wasn't the case, does anybody REALLY think she'd be on here, otherwise? Or, that if they were still together and she popped up on here, it'd be for any other reason BUT that she was his GF?

I also believe that she was figuring this'd be a fun way to distance herself from the Clooney mess while getting to wear/pose in/dance in pretty (?/sometimes) clothes, getting to smile and grin a lot, and doing something "easy" like a few ballroom dances. Plus, she was going to be paid for it, too, which NEVER hurts.

What she didn't realize --- and might've, if she'd maybe watched a few shows or read a few interviews from other non-dancing or even ringer personalities who'd been this road before --- was that coming on here was NOT going to be any kind of walk in the park. You actually DO have to WORK at this. Sure, it's easier for the ringers. But I don't think I've ever even heard a one of THEM say they didn't have to work their asses off once they got on here and got rolling. Matter of fact, it might've even been HARDER for them BECAUSE they were ringers, and were therefore stretched and pulled farther by their pros than any of the virgin dancers.

Plus --- God help her --- she got that gorgeous Baby Maks as a partner. And he (to echo another poster upthread), gorgeous though he is, HASN'T yet learned how to find a balance between getting the dance out of his partner that he wants, in his NORMAL coaching manner, or that can at least be found acceptable while schmoozing it out of them (given whatever level they might be at when he works with them). And, Maks DOES cast a long, long shadow.

So, VAL'S having his own struggles, too.

And they both seem to have "balls of steel" personalities. Which, in this situation, is kind of like throwing a lighted match into a pool of kerosene.

Then, the judges compound the problem by giving them a 21, which just might possibly keep her on longer than she really needs to be or should be, and could contribute to dragging this Theater of Blood out even farther.

What a sad, sad trainwreck this is.
    Last edited by ness; 09-27-2011 at 09:58 AM.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    Mark did a flip, but the judges were fine with that?!
    karalott, you are definitely my "expert" on this show, but I wanted to raise one thing about this - to see if I am remembering correctly. I seem to remember a few seasons ago Tony, I think, getting into a heated debate with CA about what was and wasn't a lift. At the time, the comment she made was if one person can do the move without the assistance of the other, then it is not a lift. So Mark doing his flip last night would be different than JR getting called for doing a lift. Not that a flip was at all appropriate in a quickstep, but I just wanted to point out where the difference probably was.

+ Reply to Thread